2008-09 Atlanta Hawks Season Thread

blackwind

Atlanta Hawks
Real Name
Rick
eBay User
blackwind747
Great start to the season today, travelling to Orlando and winning fairly convincingly, without Marvin Williams who was suspended.

f841197f-a546-431f-9772-fcb393341675.jpg

Great games by Joe Johnson and Josh Smith. Josh was really solid with no turnovers and hitting the boards well. I really thought Zaza had a great game off the bench too. He really can in and started throwing his body around. I can remember two "and ones" that he scored, and he was really good on the offensive boards. Zaza really makes our bench look much better when he can play like this, hopefully this becomes a regularity. I thought Flip played good off the bench for us too.

A negative was all the missed FTs. Too many, it shouldn't have been this close.

Marvin will be back for the next game, so Mo will go back to the bench, which makes our bench stonger again. It will be interesting to see how Marvin fits in, with his extended range.

Go Hawks!

Did J-Smoove pull that off???? FARK!!!

Bloody awesome game!!!

With the Fantasy League I'm in, I have J-Smoove, so I've taken a liking to watching them play this year.

Great win, and on the road is even sweeter!

Man j smoove is so sick his d is one of the best in the league that block on dwight and the dunk on him were so dope.

great to get the first away win. we had that prob all year long last season so hopefully gets the monkey off the back

and great block that was huge :)

so good to talk to some atlanta fans.. thought i was the only one!!!! ive been following them since the early nineties and couldnt be happier with last seasons efforts, finally a playoff team and we scared a few teams along the way.....

Im pretty happy with this years roster although they have again for the 5-6 season in a row drafted a 6-8,6-9 swingman?????? how many of them do you need? and im looking forward to a full season of mike bibby!

i think that was a great start to the season , especially to get a good raod win like that as we were not so succesful on the road last season..

bring it on this season...

so good to talk to some atlanta fans.. thought i was the only one!!!! ive been following them since the early nineties and couldnt be happier with last seasons efforts, finally a playoff team and we scared a few teams along the way.....

Im pretty happy with this years roster although they have again for the 5-6 season in a row drafted a 6-8,6-9 swingman?????? how many of them do you need? and im looking forward to a full season of mike bibby!

i think that was a great start to the season , especially to get a good raod win like that as we were not so succesful on the road last season..

bring it on this season...

i agree with you . i'm loving the hawks let's go 45+ wins, i think they can really pull it off! :)

Othello Hunter #50 Forward

E-mail photo|Buy photos 2008-09 Statistics
PPG 0.0 RPG 0.00 APG 0.0 EFF ? Born: May 28, 1986
Height: 6-8 / 2,03
Weight: 225 lbs. / 102,1 kg.
College: Ohio State
Years Pro: R

Historical Player Search

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WATCH VIDEO
Sorry, no results were returned for othello+hunter

More Video
HomeCareer Stats and TotalsSeason SplitsGame LogsBio SEASON AVERAGES
Season Team G GS MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
-- -- 0 0 0.0 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.00 0.00 0.0

Last Three Games
Date Opponent Result MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OFF DEF REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
Preseason
Oct 20 vs. ORL L 103 - 109 3 0 - 0 0 - 0 0 - 0 0 2 2 0 0 0 0 1 0
Oct 18 @ CHA W 102 - 96 8 0 - 2 0 - 0 0 - 2 1 2 3 0 0 2 1 1 0
Oct 15 vs. PHX L 100 - 102 17 3 - 5 0 - 0 0 - 0 2 1 3 1 0 1 0 1 6

i meant this guy! did we get him in a trade, i dont know why but i thought he was drafted, maybe free agant?

Wow! What a game! Great come back by the Hawks. After being down 23 in the 2nd, it was a great effort to come back. Joe Johnson is a star! 35 points, plus that 32 footer to put us up by 5 and seal game was amazing! Zaza was great in the second half, the 7 offensive boards really helped this team. Josh Smith was horrible in the first half, but he came good in the second half, with two big 3s and a dunk to cap off a big steal.

Great effort to knock off two of the better teams in the Eastern Conference. 2-0, what a nice start to the season.

Go Hawks!

Wow! What a game! Great come back by the Hawks. After being down 23 in the 2nd, it was a great effort to come back. Joe Johnson is a star! 35 points, plus that 32 footer to put us up by 5 and seal game was amazing! Zaza was great in the second half, the 7 offensive boards really helped this team. Josh Smith was horrible in the first half, but he came good in the second half, with two big 3s and a dunk to cap off a big steal.

Great effort to knock off two of the better teams in the Eastern Conference. 2-0, what a nice start to the season.

Go Hawks!

Great to knock off Philly, especially when Brand went for 17 and 16 and Dalembert knocked up 12 boards and a few blocks too.

Strong defense in the 76ers ATM but Iguodala is gonna needa step it up soon.

Thaddeus had a nice game hitting 4/6 triple's and 22 points.. but WAIT ISN'T THIS THREAD ABOUT THE HAWKS! :lol:

Joe Johnson is the man, 35 points, he's gonna lead this team all year and if they finish top 5 in the East he should be a serious MVP candidate. I predict 25-5-5 for the season for him anyway.

Bibby had a nice game and Josh Smith as always.

blackwind where are you watching these games?

i was so stoked that after so long i was able to see a hawks game on tv when they made the playoffs....

Back
Top Bottom