1993/94 Futera Box Bust??

boomboom-84

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Grant
So I have this dilemma... :confused:

Do I bust the Futera 1993/94 Retail Box, or leave it??? It is an unsealed box in reasonable, but less than excellent condition, picked up for around the $75 mark.

I've seen the thread a month or so ago when COMPO busted one of these boxes (and smashed the odds on the Honours Awards ;)) but I'm having trouble seeing how this box if left unopened will hold its value. Can anyone convince me??

Atm I'm leaning towards a bust tomorrow night, thinking that if I pull one insert ($15 worth) and maybe 2 complete sets (or at least only a handful of cards off complete sets) which I could sell for around the $60 mark, that I might at least break even, (or maybe even nudge ahead if I do well with the common sets) :)

Any comments?? Well wishers??

hey mate, you have the box now, so i say bust that baby and try your luck. unless you are strapped for cash, in that case sell it off.
i would have to bust it though, i just couldnt leave it along, im hopeless :p

You probably won't do more than get your money back by busting. But,hey,think of the adrenalin rush when you open that first packet. Don't know how long you would need to keep it for it to appreciate significantly. Brad might have some thoughts.

This is the first box I ever bought, and I've certainly never busted one before... My fingers been itchy from the second I got it and I'm suprised I've held on for this long!!

I think unless someone pops up with a real good argument as to why I shouldn't bust it, tomorrow night is the night!!

This is the first box I ever bought, and I've certainly never busted one before... My fingers been itchy from the second I got it and I'm suprised I've held on for this long!!

I think unless someone pops up with a real good argument as to why I shouldn't bust it, tomorrow night is the night!!

I think you have answered yourself there mate......you know you want to bust it so go for it! It's isn't a HUGE outlay and as you say you may break even if you do alright with a set or three. Have some fun and Bust away, we'll all be watching :D

ITS ON!!!

Thinkin I'll start up around 7:30 (WA time) and go for half, then go the rest at about 9:30 or 10 - try make the experience of losing my box bust virginity last as long as possible!!

My apologies to you over in the east (I can tell you are so excited at the prospect of me pulling one insert), but you may just have a sleepless night wondering and dreaming about what I pull from the second half of this box ;)

Wish me luck!!

Here we go...

Got the missus sitting next to me just as keen to bust as I am (she swears she will pull the Bradman Redemption!!), watching a dvd of my footy grand final win from two weeks ago, and just about to bust my first ever box :woot: does it get any better than this??

Ill go for 12 packs at a time...

Last 12...

All commons again.

Time to go through and see how I did with the sets... Maybe tomorrow!!

Ill get back then and let you know how I did.

BTW - definately got the busting bug :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well I ended up with only the 1 complete base set, and 12 cards off a second :( Is this about right for this box, or a bit below average??

But I was very happy with the Siddons HA :D and I am definately hooked!! I know it is not a super valuable card, but since its the first insert I ever pulled from any pack it has a special place in my collection!!

I guess it is a bit fitting that the first box I bust is the first commercially produced in Oz, but after seeing some of those gold cards Liam posted yesterday...http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/forum/maildays-card-pics-cricket/60107-pure-gold.html... i think my next box will be one of them for sure :thumbsup: !!!

If anyone could help me out with cards 2, 4, 34, 76, 77, 79, 90, 99, 103, 104, 108 or 110 to complete a second set, please let me know and I will be ever-so-grateful. Also, I now have a pile of commons so if anyone needs a few to complete sets, I'll do my best to help out!!

Thanks for watching :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom