Xbox 360 - 2K9 2nd Tournament Prep Thread

cheers oz was nothing against all of yas.. just a couple of people screwed it for me. respect ;) and good luck with the league!

look at tony parkers layup stats. 99?

i think you have to look at the stats a bit more to see their strengths and weaknesses, plus look up some youtube vids

Might try that. Was amused today though Parker blocked Yao!! I couldn't stop lolling... still lost mind you.

you guys should name and shame me for abusing the PIP :)

but i am slowly trying to expand my game to incorporate outside shooting. cheers.

That's good to hear mate, but I wouldn't stress too much. I was looking over the stats the other night, and you're in with the majority of a 2/3 ratio of PIP vs outside scoring. Factor in 14.2 fast break points a game you average and you're not banging it in there too badly.

I think now with the slider changes, we'll see the difference this round. :thumbsup:

That's good to hear mate, but I wouldn't stress too much. I was looking over the stats the other night, and you're in with the majority of a 2/3 ratio of PIP vs outside scoring. Factor in 14.2 fast break points a game you average and you're not banging it in there too badly.

I think now with the slider changes, we'll see the difference this round. :thumbsup:

yeah I found it even harder to score! :rolleyes:

yeah I found it even harder to score! :rolleyes:

Sorry AJ, just need some more practice getting use to the settings. I'll be on tomorrow night for practice games, pretty sure Phill and Scotty will be too along with a few other regulars. You manage to get everyone onto your contacts list? Hit them up!

Sorry AJ, just need some more practice getting use to the settings. I'll be on tomorrow night for practice games, pretty sure Phill and Scotty will be too along with a few other regulars. You manage to get everyone onto your contacts list? Hit them up!

It's okay I can still have fun even when losing :)

if you were phil jackson, how would you play your roster? that's how i see it being played, going inside for a bit, and then they sag off you so you can bury the jumper. play a variety of moves to keep te opponent guessing.

if you were phil jackson, how would you play your roster? that's how i see it being played, going inside for a bit, and then they sag off you so you can bury the jumper. play a variety of moves to keep te opponent guessing.

Gaz is spot on. Play a variety of moves, and keep them guessing.

Spread the floor, be patient and let the CPU players move into position, watch them come off screens. Run plays (there's a setting in Coaching Settings to display the plays - you move to a spot, pass to a player, and they all move around as they run the play, that sorta stuff).

Hit the Right Shoulder button (RB) and run screens, Pick & Rolls, Post Plays, it's all there.

If you can't knock down a triple, step in a bit, start some mid-range jumpers, they'll fall if your player can shoot them (ie. don't use your big men too far out).

I'll be on tonight fairly early (say 4:30-5:00) until about 6:30 then be offline for a few hours, not sure if I'll make it back on after that, so hopefully I can tee-up a League Game or two.

I try to run plays but there are so many and the practise doesn't let you practise JUST one play over and over so you can learn it.... or if it does I haven't figured out how to do that... so half the time I don't know where to stand to actually make the play happen. Sometimes I can get the pick and roll to work, but that's about it lol

I try to run plays but there are so many and the practise doesn't let you practise JUST one play over and over so you can learn it.... or if it does I haven't figured out how to do that... so half the time I don't know where to stand to actually make the play happen. Sometimes I can get the pick and roll to work, but that's about it lol

When you start a game, go into Coach Settings, and there's something there that you can turn on to show where/what you have to do.

I wouldnt say you'd need to learn the play as such, but if you know it you can run it quicker.

With the P & R, from what I've found, once the big guy sets the screen (or choose a little guy for a pop), run the screen, so that the double team moves with you, and the big guy should roll towards the lane.

It does depend on who it is, and what they're capable of. ie, running a P&R with Dirk would allow you to shoot the bomb, or back down the smaller defender who got caught on the screen.

Have fun. We can always hook up another prac, and I'd be happy to run thru some stuff with ya! :thumbsup:

Anyone up for a run? Need to shake some rust off before my league game tonight. Haven't played for awhile now...

I got arse raped against Ducky last night in Atlanta. We took it back to Jersey for another run, and there were 3 points in it with about 0:40 left, and we got DC. (both only prac games).

I got arse raped against Ducky last night in Atlanta. We took it back to Jersey for another run, and there were 3 points in it with about 0:40 left, and we got DC. (both only prac games).

hehehe i like the new slider settings :lol:

disappointed with the 2nd game drop out though. would of been a good finish

Man this sucks im on a 3 game losing streak :(.. Kobe's getting pissed :mad:!!!!

Might have to make a trade :-k

Back
Top Bottom