Wow, what is your oppinion on this.

MasterBlaster

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Michael
This went viral over on youtube, had a watch and had some mixed emotions over it.

What I can tell you is, if the subject in this video was me as a teen, it wouldnt have been the laptop that took the abuse..

This guy seems like a complete tool.

First of all, why are you going through your daughters Facebook? You said she had you blocked so you were CLEARLY in her account.

Secondly, A gun? really? A gun? Just ridiculous and unnecessary.

This guy seems like a complete tool.

First of all, why are you going through your daughters Facebook? You said she had you blocked so you were CLEARLY in her account.

Secondly, A gun? really? A gun? Just ridiculous and unnecessary.

Why you ask? Its their responsibility to make sure the safe welfare of there children. If you can not see this, then you are young or very liberal which hey, i have no issues with, but I am not going to agree.

If my child was slagging anyone off on facebook, not only would they not have facebook, mobile, or anything I decided needed to show them that at 15, your not making the rules, you live in my house, and if you dont like it, when your 18, you can leave. Until then, I am legally responsible for you, so you do it my way. I honestly believe, that today, we have really dumb, lazy and disrespectful kids. Its because parents are handcuffed to what they can and can not do by law and the goodie goodies who have way too much say in how we as people live, not just how we raise our children.

The gun was symbolical of what people only wish they can do. Use a sledgehammer, chain saw, drop it water... Its all the same thing, however in American society, its seen as the right to bare arms and this is a whole different kettle of fish. In Australia due to gun laws and such, its overkill. I would tend to agree with its overkill, however I am in full support of his thoughts behind it, the video and most of all, the snooping.

Just like a drivers license, even facebook is not a given, FULL STOP.

Why you ask? Its their responsibility to make sure the safe welfare of there children. If you can not see this, then you are young or very liberal which hey, i have no issues with, but I am not going to agree.

If my child was slagging anyone off on facebook, not only would they not have facebook, mobile, or anything I decided needed to show them that at 15, your not making the rules, you live in my house, and if you dont like it, when your 18, you can leave. Until then, I am legally responsible for you, so you do it my way. I honestly believe, that today, we have really dumb, lazy and disrespectful kids. Its because parents are handcuffed to what they can and can not do by law and the goodie goodies who have way too much say in how we as people live, not just how we raise our children.

The gun was symbolical of what people only wish they can do. Use a sledgehammer, chain saw, drop it water... Its all the same thing, however in American society, its seen as the right to bare arms and this is a whole different kettle of fish. In Australia due to gun laws and such, its overkill. I would tend to agree with its overkill, however I am in full support of his thoughts behind it, the video and most of all, the snooping.

Just like a drivers license, even facebook is not a given, FULL STOP.
Not every kid is dumb, lazy and disrespectful. There's nothing I hate more than older people stereotyping my generation as dumb, lazy and disrespectful. We're not all like that, yes there are ones that are, I'm actually quite intelligent, respectful and perhaps a little lazy but I've been working full time since I was 14 and have been paying my own way through life since then.

In my opinion my parents did just fine even with being "handcuffed to what they can and can not do by law and the goodie goodies who have way too much say in how we as people live".

I think sometimes these people pigeon hole us forget who raised us....

Not every kid is dumb, lazy and disrespectful. There's nothing I hate more than older people stereotyping my generation as dumb, lazy and disrespectful. We're not all like that, yes there are ones that are, I'm actually quite intelligent, respectful and perhaps a little lazy but I've been working full time since I was 14 and have been paying my own way through life since then.

In my opinion my parents did just fine even with being "handcuffed to what they can and can not do by law and the goodie goodies who have way too much say in how we as people live".

I think sometimes these people pigeon hole us forget who raised us....

Interesting...... You have just proven my point to a degree. My child would never question what is right or wrong or even slag me off in any public form. Even if I disagreed with someone older then me, I wouldn't ever question (I would ask lots of questions) them as I have learned from an early age that even if you don't agree with what someone says, they still have valid points. I generalize because for me to write a book on what the difference in society today as when I was a kid would be longer than war and peace.

Being I love sociology and love studying groups of people and how they interact, I can say that in 20 years from now, you might be echoing the same thoughts as me. Why is that, because everything comes full circle every 20 years.

I thought the same as you when I was 20ish. I was even more opinionated about it then you. However I keep falling back on what others including my parents said to me, and I am afraid they were correct. Now, I am fat, lazy and dumb because I was one of the originals in the MTV and Nintendo revolution. However, monkey see doesn't mean monkey do. So for forgetting who raised us, you are 100% correct. However it doesn't mean its correct!

Its a tough call.....the guy did seem to come across as a bit overbearing and yet the daughter didnt seem to be the perfect angel either.
When your child is great to mild its not that bad but if they go bad you have to resort to some underhanded tactics..
Ive learnt from experience that she will probably not learn from this and find other ways to go behind there backs.
Ide say both the daughter and parents could do with some professional help

this guy is the biggest w#@$ker ive ever seen... many kids are much worse then that! kids will be kids at that stage in life its all about them... thats right they experience things in their life which seems important or unfair where time and knowledge will teach them its not its part of growing up... but to react the way he did is absolutely stupid.. the kid never wanted her dad to see it and she probably would have never shown it to them or let then know how she felt.. 15 or not it is not his right to go into her private sh!t!! he does an even worse thing then she does by humiliating her over youtube? these are not actions of a good dad at all... there arent good/bad people just people brought up well/badly we are all the same in the beginning.. yes there are many other outside influences but as we can see from this idiot of a father!! the poor girl is how she is because her father is a retard... both very much at fault i think but the father should be wiser then to react is such a silly manner..

Wow, the post above this is not only funny but prices mikes and the guy in the video's point to a degree.... She is 15!! Slagging family off over a very public forum is going to get you in hot water no matter what!! Doesn't matter who you block how secure you think your settings are Facebook I still probably the most invasive thing to ever be created!! I'm only 29, I've been bought up with computer games, tv, computers etc etc as a very normal part of life, maybe so normal that I saw it/see it as a right not a privilege!! But even I know there's a time and place for everything! And Facebook is not the place to slag of family members if you don't want to deal with the consequences!!! At 15 you live my your parents rules or you suffer the consequences, it's that simple!! Unless your going to go out and completely fend for yourself the that's a part of life!! And we all know how that would end in lost cases at 15!! The world is far to Politically correct and parents are viewed as criminals if they punish their children in anyway shape or form these days!! And those same people that claim and sort of smack or punishment where a child misses out on something is not right are the same people that will judge people as bad parents when they see children acting out in public!!!! I have 3 children 8, 6 and 3. My boys 8 and 6 push their luck constantly and try and find the boundaries all the time, they quickly get put back into place and learn the hard way if they have too. Guess what?! They both excel at school and sport, they both behave very well when in others care/company.... Wil we experience stuff like this when they are teenagers?! Hell yeah we will, does it mean it's their god given right to act out if place or have what ever they want!? Hell no!!! Society today and going forward is full of petty criminals and people who are morally different to generations gone bye!! Not everyone is the same, there is always people who buck trends etc etc but these days it's worse then it ever has been an wont get better the way things are going!!! This guy handles things his way, I think it was overkill but he handled it his way, as a father a human and an American that is HIS right, no one can tell him otherwise!! If your living under parents roof and rules at 15 and you to acting like an idiot you get what's coming to you!! Maybe at 15 she should have been smart enough to realize how open Facebook can really be!!!!

Like Matt said Technology is Changing the World Dramatically!!!!!

My Weekly Day Would Be:
School
Home
After My Homework
Watch TV and Use MY Mac until i go to bed!

My Weekend:
Play My Sport (Whatever season it is)
Than i would do whatever Homework
Than Just use My Mac and Watch TV basically through the whole weekend!

Sometimes i really wish i didn't have my mac because it is running my Life Now!:cry:

this guy is the biggest w#@$ker ive ever seen... many kids are much worse then that! kids will be kids at that stage in life its all about them... thats right they experience things in their life which seems important or unfair where time and knowledge will teach them its not its part of growing up... but to react the way he did is absolutely stupid.. the kid never wanted her dad to see it and she probably would have never shown it to them or let then know how she felt.. 15 or not it is not his right to go into her private sh!t!! he does an even worse thing then she does by humiliating her over youtube? these are not actions of a good dad at all... there arent good/bad people just people brought up well/badly we are all the same in the beginning.. yes there are many other outside influences but as we can see from this idiot of a father!! the poor girl is how she is because her father is a retard... both very much at fault i think but the father should be wiser then to react is such a silly manner..

He isnt even close to be a w*****r, someone who is a w*****r is the one who is waiting for the government to put limitations on the internet to protect children because there are too lazy or have some sort of moral issues that its someone elses job. This is just my opinion and some might disagree, however in this case, he does have the right to do exactly what ever parent should be doing with minors on the internet, its making sure they are not doing stupid things. For this, I have no issues.

yes.. i agree with you guys shes in the wrong but for a reaction to purposefully humiliate her over the internet makes him a wanker imo.. they need to clamp down on that stuff yes but to what extent? who manages and enforces it? at the end of the day kids that have been brought up well will not do that sort of thing as they know its wrong.. and the way she has acted reflects directly to how she was raised.. how is doing this to your own child going to teach her a lesson? when he himself is setting a bad example on how to handle certain situations.. his feelings and opinions are actually right its how he went about them that is terribly wrong..

yes.. i agree with you guys shes in the wrong but for a reaction to purposefully humiliate her over the internet makes him a w***er imo.. they need to clamp down on that stuff yes but to what extent? who manages and enforces it? at the end of the day kids that have been brought up well will not do that sort of thing as they know its wrong.. and the way she has acted reflects directly to how she was raised.. how is doing this to your own child going to teach her a lesson? when he himself is setting a bad example on how to handle certain situations.. his feelings and opinions are actually right its how he went about them that is terribly wrong..

As in the way she was raised, I will totally disagree with you on this statement. Lets say you are HYPER to the point of ADHD. You know those type, we all do, hell I was one. They just do what they want and never think about the consequences. They do it out of anger, fear, mixed thoughts and such, these very same people are also very good citizens. However, anyone with ADHD has done this, I have on many occasions. However my family knew how to handle it. Now do you want your kid on drugs to control this behavior. Mine didn't. But they educated themselves about my infliction and also made sure I knew there was a line drawn in the sand which they would not tollerate. I knew what they were, and I made sure I didnt pass them as if I did, it was my bum on the line and dad had a very strong and stuff belt. I also knew that I was deserving of a blast, as I was told, educated and taught the differences in how to handle myself.

Now, I am not saying she has it or not, but think about what you said and then look at some of the reasons children rebel, it not always to do with bad parenting, its just the way people are wired. My parents were great to me, did everything they could to help me cope with ADHD, however, I was still a rebel at heart.

Now I try to bring awareness to others and see what they think. Its never to judge anyone, everyone is different and I am glad they are, however critical thinking opens the mind to new thoughts and new experiences and most of all, helps people make calls on how to handle life. Even if they never post a comment on this, it still made someone think.

by how someone is brought up i dont mean only parental influences there are also alot of other factors.. in this case id say the dad has some part to play in how she behaved by publicly venting as he did it himself...

I think we all need to do the best we can with our children we want them to learn what they need to be able to face life.. reactions like this never solve anything.. if that girl is anything like i was she will leave home and live a much worse life then she should have ever had to because of the way her father handles things... i left home at 16 got into bad crowds and did stuff that i would have never done if my step dad had handled things better... i used to get blasted for not washing a dish immediately after using it because it looked dirty sitting in the sink.. I dont regret anything i have done because life is too short to live with regrets.. but lets just say i went off the rails and didnt straighten up until i was about 22-23 because of bad parenting.. and i was a pretty good kid in the beginning also.. this is why i think he is a wanker... would you do this to your 15yo daughter? because i know parents like that with good intentions but handle things badly that will never ever have a good relationship with their daughter/son/grandchildren.....
--- merged: Feb 12, 2012 at 11:24 PM ---
i need sleep anyways mike lol.. will check this out tomorrow.. very interesting opinions over youtube also.. always love a good discussion :p

by how someone is brought up i dont mean only parental influences there are also alot of other factors.. in this case id say the dad has some part to play in how she behaved by publicly venting as he did it himself...

I think we all need to do the best we can with our children we want them to learn what they need to be able to face life.. reactions like this never solve anything.. if that girl is anything like i was she will leave home and live a much worse life then she should have ever had to because of the way her father handles things... i left home at 16 got into bad crowds and did stuff that i would have never done if my step dad had handled things better... i used to get blasted for not washing a dish immediately after using it because it looked dirty sitting in the sink.. I dont regret anything i have done because life is too short to live with regrets.. but lets just say i went off the rails and didnt straighten up until i was about 22-23 because of bad parenting.. and i was a pretty good kid in the beginning also.. this is why i think he is a w***er... would you do this to your 15yo daughter? because i know parents like that with good intentions but handle things badly that will never ever have a good relationship with their daughter/son/grandchildren.....
--- merged: Feb 12, 2012 at 11:24 PM ---
i need sleep anyways mike lol.. will check this out tomorrow.. very interesting opinions over youtube also.. always love a good discussion :p

your a good man... I dont think your wrong, I dont think I am right, I just love to discuss things to get people thinking about things that matter. I do get the shits on when I see stuff like this, I also look at it from other angles and see how we all do dumb things. Glad your taking it in stride and realize I am not taking a shot at ya mate, nothing like that at all. I respect peoples opinions when they are put together well and not seeming like they are trolling. You are not, so I am happy!

Now Harsha.... your educated young man with a different background then all of us, I know your father would most likely never do something like this... I hope you appreciate him for it! Your a great kid, looking forward to seeing you grow over the next few years... :)

Back
Top Bottom