Typing issue in Safari (iPhone)

Its ur phone settings go in settings then general then keyboard turn off auto-correction,check spelling and shortcut itll fix it
But I want to keep auto correct on my phone for other apps/sites. Only OCT is having this problem!

I see your problem, but not much I can do. :) It seems to be that your iphone hates you ;)

But I want it to be someone else's fault! And until now, you were it! lol

I guess I just have to use it less. As it was I would always read a message, but not reply until I got to my PC out of laziness, now I will do more out of frustration! haha

Seriously though, it only started around a week or so ago and only happens when on OCT?? Weird!

Ok you got me. I upgraded the keyboard on your iphone so you'd have troubles on ozcards! There I said it.

Seriously, i used to have all sorts of weird issues on chrome on my android phone, but its been fixed in the last few months. Nothing done on the site, some thing was obviously fixed or changed elsewhere.

I have a solution. Stop spelling words incorrectly and you won't need to use auto correct!!!

As has been said, its imoossible to make the site work in every single browser on every single device. Something will always be broken on one device or another. Use another browser or get Taptalk which works well enough for mobile replying.

Ok you got me. I upgraded the keyboard on your iphone so you'd have troubles on ozcards! There I said it.

Seriously, i used to have all sorts of weird issues on chrome on my android phone, but its been fixed in the last few months. Nothing done on the site, some thing was obviously fixed or changed elsewhere.

I have a solution. Stop spelling words incorrectly and you won't need to use auto correct!!!

As has been said, its imoossible to make the site work in every single browser on every single device. Something will always be broken on one device or another. Use another browser or get Taptalk which works well enough for mobile replying.

It is more so a case of fat finger syndrome! But I get your point!

*goes to order a dialling wand*

Also seems to have sorted out the issues I was having on WP8.

(Which was: the display font was huge, then when I'd start a post and the cursor would jump behind the first letter and continue the rest of the sentence. Then when I hit return it'd double or triple return, and editing was a pain because you'd position the cursor then it would move to another line, or in the middle of a previous line once I started typing. Was only this forum I had issues with.)

So when im trying to edit a post via firefox im getting html instead of just text. Also the text in this box im typing into is a lot smaller than usual?

And i cant separate text into separate sentences on different lines - as you can see from the above post.

On mobile when I press enter to start a new line though it takes me to a new line when the msg is sent it doesn't appear in a new link and is like just a space and continued sentence.

If there are still issues (not sure there are) there will be a new release of the forum software in the next month that will have a new interface for typing messages and hopefully will be compatible with a wider range of browsers/devices.

Back
Top Bottom