Typing issue in Safari (iPhone)

drob50

Magic Johnson and David Robinson ON CARD autos
Real Name
Adam
eBay User
None
Have just started having an issue when typing on OCT through the safari browser on my phone. I have always used this method to login, but have never ha this problem before.

to attempt to explain it, when I type a sentence, the press 'return' to go to the next line, it doesn't seem to acknowledge it. The iphone's presumptive text is trying to make a word out of the first letters on the new line and the last part of the previous line.

It also happens when I delete some letters (after a typo) and doesn't include some of the letters in its word predictions.

i am finding this very hard to describe, but as it is only happening when I am on OCT, I figure someone else on here might be able to try it too??

I know exactly what ur saying its happening to me too, very annoying its like u can't make a a mistake half way through a word otherwise it will make a word up and replace the current word and the one before it lol.
I found this took place during some upgrade in feedback msgs I used to get

I know exactly what ur saying its happening to me too, very annoying its like u can't make a a mistake half way through a word otherwise it will make a word up and replace the current word and the one before it lol.
I found this took place during some upgrade in feedback msgs I used to get

yeah, it only started after the final 'Automatic Feedback' system upgrade. I wonder if that is relevant?

Sounds about right, same time when I have the issue pop up also.

Hope it gets fixed its bloody annoying, I can't even start a new line without putting a space before hand at the end of the sentence otherwise it catches the last word and erases it too with some mumble jumble word it creates haha.

graham

Have just turned off rich text editor and this is me testing to see off it works!

still doing it. You can tell when you press enter it doesnt start the new line with a capital letter automatically, like it used to.

The other thing I have noticed which started around the same time as this problem, is that when you hit 'reply' to someone's post, it was taking me to a new 'reply to' screen, with some weird code in the text body. So I am unable to quote multiple people in one go.

it didnt so it this time, but I will try to pinpoint exactly when it does it!

I understand there might be an issue, but i'm not going to run around in circles trying to track down a fault on one type of browser on one type of phone. :)

Nothing was changed on our end (the auto feedback has not changed anything else) so its possible an Apple update has done something?

I understand there might be an issue, but i'm not going to run around in circles trying to track down a fault on one type of browser on one type of phone. :)

Nothing was changed on our end (the auto feedback has not changed anything else) so its possible an Apple update has done something?

I hear ya! However it is only happening on OCT. I tried 2 other forums with no problems???
I'm sure you have better things to do instead of chasing geese, but perhaps we can keep this thread going to try and pinpoint the issue?

Meanwhile I will look around at any info on any Apple update issues!

Are the other forums using Xenforo? The interface for typing is called tinymce.

Can you take a screen shot of what you're seeing in Safari?
No, the other forums are using the same software as the old OCT I think! It is www.blowoutcards.com/forums and http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/index.php

As for the screenshot, do you mean for the 'weird code in text body' issue? Or the presumptive text issue?

It seems that the replying to posts issue is ok now, hasn't done it for a couple of days!

Either or. Just interested to see ehat you're seeing.

If its resolved, then good. I haven't done anything but I'll take the credit ;)
The other issue is still going, the one I first posted about where it is joining words to make some mumbo jumbo!

I will take a screenshot shortly!

Ok, so I have done a little typing to recreate the issue as best I can.

Here, I typed the word 'function' incorrectly and when I corrected it, it tries to use part of the word before it!
IMG_6353_zps9dde5aa7.png

And this is what it changes it to:
IMG_6354_zps4542d756.png

Is that enough, or do you want to see a zoomed out screen shot?

Back
Top Bottom