Things that piss me off

We had similar views and took the less suspicious over 4.5 goals which was paying about $2.80 instead.

0-0 rarely gets used in those situations because the margin for error is so high. There's a few examples of people going missing after an accidental goal in these situations. You'd need everyone in on it from both teams and the ref to pull it off. Too many shares.

Similarly it's interesting watching the last thirty seconds of NBA games where the result is determined. The vets know to run the clock down and not take a shot lest they be held accountable for over/under lines being unnecessarily affected by buzzer beaters.
I'm thinking this might be the preferred scoreline in South American lower leagues. And yes I can imagine the fallout if there happened to be a goal.

Hard to score though if the ball never makes it out of the middle third of the field.

I suspect if they are looking to rig it then it's more likely that the bets come in at half time for the score - whatever it is - to reman the same at full-time as it is at half time. That's easier to manage but as you said almost everyone has to be in on it.

Better part of ten years ago now.

I think I'll avoid the obvious ramifications of outright answering the second question beyond what has already been described.
But based on the tantalising clues viz ethnic cleansing etc. we can narrow one side down to a few possible teams but the Nazi one has me completely miffed. I can't even begin to think who they may be.

I actually quit playing soccer at the age of 12 after a night grandfinal( knockout Cup midweek match) in the under 13's Super league against Melbourne Croatia as they were then known.

I was a strong defender and loved sliding into tackles. I upended both their forwards - one was called Elvis, probably the only Greek kid on their team - and received two yellow cards for tackles that were textbook. The ref had to give them as the crowd were going wild and he was clearly intimidated. At half time one mad c.... tried to attack me but was thankfully restrained by some of the mothers. When they eventually scored, the game had to be stopped as the parents ran onto the ground and just about started throwing their kids in the air. It was crazy. Seems funny thinking about it now (I mentioned it before in the soccer thread) but it was anything but funny at the time.

I was sent off in the second half, walked to the other side of the field where my mum and uncle were standing and we immediately left. I never played soccer again.

What has always amazed me is that games like Rugby and AFL, which are far more physical than soccer, have mostly well behaved spectators but soccer fans go crazy.

Last edited:
"French authorities are investigating claims of match-fixing surrounding a Champions League match between Paris Saint-Germain and Red Star Belgrade after UEFA warned them of a possible manipulation of the result.

L'Equipe newspaper reported that a Red Star official is suspected of betting 5 million euros ($8.14 million) on Red Star losing by five goals. PSG won the game 6-1.

France's financial prosecutor's office told The Associated Press an investigation has been opened, but declined to comment on the report.

According to L'Equipe, the prosecutor's office was alerted by UEFA days before the October 3 game at the Parc des Princes."

This makes me feel better about my 'strategy' of +2.5 goals rather than -2.5.

eBay seller keeps sending me pass ag messages reminding me to leave feedback for stuff I bought off him months ago and that "he already left it for me"

I rarely leave feedback unless something really irks me or warrants a pat on the back. Too many transactions to keep track of the details.

After the sixth such message I left him neg feedback pointing out that while he accepts any offer put to him he just adds the difference onto postage, he took forever to send, and that six different messages just to get positive feedback and three more letting me know when he put new cards up was creepy and OTT.

Now getting slammed to remove it. Dude make up your mind

A champion like Taylor walker missing out on the Coleman. Clearly the best full forward in the league ,and did it on ageing legs.

19 shots at goal in his last game...

I don't even barrack for Adelaide.

A champion like Taylor walker missing out on the Coleman. Clearly the best full forward in the league ,and did it on ageing legs.

19 shots at goal in his last game...

I don't even barrack for Adelaide.

Not only do the season stats across the board suggest otherwise, Curnow also kicked more.

That's the be all, end all.

Anyone else cop this email from eBay this morning? Pretty sure eBay, a 24.2 billion dollar valued company can pay for its marketing campaigns.

Hi Cam,

I am part of the eBay Australia Communications team and I am looking for passionate collectors or enthusiasts to be part of our campaign.

We’re celebrating Australia’s Top 100 Passions from Sports to Vinyl Records and Sneakers by compiling a list of the top passions Aussie speak about on social media.

AFL scored #1 on the list! Given your history of buying on our platform, I thought you might be interested in taking part to share your story about why you love sports and AFL.

To do this, we are hoping to put you forward for potential media opportunities talking about your passion, including on TV or radio, as well as possible inclusion in our own marketing materials like website, social media channels, or email campaigns.

I’d love to get some more info about why you love AFL and you’re experience on eBay if we can set up some time to chat 😊

Best regards,

Mackenzie

Please note that participation is completely voluntary, and you can decline our invitation if you're not interested. This campaign involves sharing your story and your passions in an editorial way, it is not a paid campaign.

Mackenzie Geeves

Communications Team

eBay Australia & New Zealand

[email protected]

Im guessing @Billyhoyle may be pissed off at the attention he is getting for owning half of the Jordan rookies ever printed....and having to clarify who he isn't! :eek:

1694412514751.png

Back
Top Bottom