The Official LA LAKERS thread!!

Hey Marcus, u better update u avatar mate!!! Dont want those Celtic fans to forget about 09 and 10 :thumbsup:

Correct....I have to find a pic!!:thumbsup:

EDIT - Done....another Championship.....what a nice early Christmas present!!!

I'd also like to point out that Phil only does these things in 3's......one more to come fellas....get on board the Lakers for the 3-peat in 2010/11!!!:kick::D:D

Time to get my order in on NBA.COM, what other Laker fans are with me???

I just checked out NBA.com, and they are charging $32.40 postage for the 'championship pack' PLUS an 'international handling fee' (must use more expensive boxes I guess...) of $23.40...the link I posted earlier charge $20 for international postage. :thumbsup:

and i remember last season just before the finals critics were saying Kobe is nothing and cant win Championsihps without another big name sidekick (eg. Shaquille O'Neal). he & the lakers prove every1 wrong, then this season 2PEAT is off the CHAIN!!! spewing it couldve been 3! go lakers u freakin champs :D:D:D:D:D:D:D!!!!!!!!

That's pretty harsh on Pau. Him plus Bynum, Fish, Artest make a pretty impressive 5 and with Lamar off the bench Kobe is hardly single handed. He is clearly the best player in the league right now, but the Lakers have some impressive talent.

and i remember last season just before the finals critics were saying Kobe is nothing and cant win Championsihps without another big name sidekick (eg. Shaquille O'Neal).

A little someone called Gasol (or Gas-hole as I like to call him).... so you're right, Kobe can't win jack sh*t without another big name.

Oh & as others have already pointed out.... celtics woulda won this game if it wasn't for Artest, your precious Kobe stunk it up big time. :thumbsup:

Good stuff Celtics..... & lastly....

LUCK FA!!!!!!

I just checked out NBA.com, and they are charging $32.40 postage for the 'championship pack' PLUS an 'international handling fee' (must use more expensive boxes I guess...) of $23.40...the link I posted earlier charge $20 for international postage. :thumbsup:

Yeah I think it was you that put me onto the yahoo shop last time arond, $20 max postage no matter what you spend. Can't beat that and got my order ready to be processed once again. :)

---------- Post added 19-06-2010 at 03:56 AM ----------

A little someone called Gasol (or Gas-hole as I like to call him).... so you're right, Kobe can't win jack sh*t without another big name.

Oh & as others have already pointed out.... celtics woulda won this game if it wasn't for Artest, your precious Kobe stunk it up big time. :thumbsup:

LUCK FA!!!!!!

You make me laugh sometimes, just like old times... :lol:

Yeah I think it was you that put me onto the yahoo shop last time arond, $20 max postage no matter what you spend. Can't beat that and got my order ready to be processed once again. :)

---------- Post added 19-06-2010 at 03:56 AM ----------

You make me laugh sometimes, just like old times... :lol:

I do my best! :) At least you didn't try & deny the truth..

:)
I do my best! :) At least you didn't try & deny the truth..

ha ha ho ho ha di hah ha ha.... :rolleyes:

You want some truth? Basketball is a TEAM game....

When was the last time in any championship, that anyone won a ring without another big name on their roster??? Let's run though the last few championships and you can apply the same formula for just about any...

Magic - Kareem + Team
Bird - McHale + Team
Isaiah -Dumars + Team
Mike - Scottie + Team
Shaq - Kobe + Team
Billups - Sheed + Team
Duncan - Robinson + Team
Wade - Shaq + Team
Duncan - Parker/Ginoblili + Team
Pierce - Allen/Garnett -(Enough Said BTW)
Kobe - Gasol + Team

Your hatred for the best player in the game right now seriously blinds your arguments and you sound petty and pathetic mate...

Maybe you're looking for those payperview Magic vs Bird events, is that what crowns a champion? 1 on 1???

What? You still mad we done away with your Jazz, what? 2 times now? :whistle:

Lakers back 2 back, hate it or love it. Kobe Bryant, Finals MVP... :)

You're funny.... :lol:

Never said it wasn't a team game..... but people (mainly laker fanboys) think Kobe is god when it's clear he can't carry a team by himself..... yes, not many can (unless you're Lebron or AI ;)); & before you go & get ahead of yourself & spurt out neither has won a title, I know that..... but neither needed another all-star to get them to the finals.... we've all seen how successful the "GPOTP" is without another big name.. only reason kobe has 5 rings is cause he was lucky enough to be able to play with other all-stars...... who knows how successful AI (as one example) would have been had he played with another all-star... or how lebron will go with one either!?

Your hatred for the best player in the game right now seriously blinds your arguments

Huh!? I don't think I have a hatred for Lebron.. :confused:

What? You still mad we done away with your Jazz, what? 2 times now?

For the record, I think it's 3.... :lol:

havent really watched B'ball since the late 90's (massive Jordan and Rodman fan at High School)

Just wanted to say congrats to all the Lakers fans out there. Must be that much sweeter beating the Celtics.

People may think Kobe isn't able to win on his own, but to have his record in the league and to be there for so many years has to say something. He is a great player, will be in the H.O.F

Congrats to the Lakers fans, and comiserations to the Celtics fans. Hopefully there is a repeat series next year cause it was some great B'ball to watch.

thats a pretty bold statement! so if kobe needed an allstar and is bad as what you say what about:
jordan, he had pippen? cartwright, harper and rodman!!! he must be a bum too and cant win jack**** by himself!!! if you look through and any great teams that have won championships they pretty much have more than 1 allstar or very good player! how many championships had gay allen, paul floppy pierce and kevin garnett won before they teamed up? zero i believe and this year the celtics had 4, thats right 4 players that have been allstars and did they win? iverson was a great player and unfortunately could have been a winner, but he couldnt share the ball and couldnt play with another allstar/star player (jerry stackhouse/larry hughes was jettisoned remember) and thats why lebron will jump ship,he wants a ring and wont get it with the cavs unless they have a major revamp...hate kobe as much as you want, but 5 rings dont lie, HE HAS A LEGACY!!!!

LUCK FA!!!!!!

---------- Post added 19-06-2010 at 09:43 AM ----------

how many championships did the jazz win with stockton/malone, 2 all stars on the one team!

You're funny.... :lol:

Never said it wasn't a team game..... but people (mainly laker fanboys) think Kobe is god when it's clear he can't carry a team by himself..... yes, not many can (unless you're Lebron or AI ;)); & before you go & get ahead of yourself & spurt out neither has won a title, I know that..... but neither needed another all-star to get them to the finals.... we've all seen how successful the "GPOTP" is without another big name.. only reason kobe has 5 rings is cause he was lucky enough to be able to play with other all-stars...... who knows how successful AI (as one example) would have been had he played with another all-star... or how lebron will go with one either!?

Huh!? I don't think I have a hatred for Lebron.. :confused:

For the record, I think it's 3.... :lol:

thats a pretty bold statement! so if kobe needed an allstar and is bad as what you say what about:
jordan, he had pippen? cartwright, harper and rodman!!! he must be a bum too and cant win jack**** by himself!!! if you look through and any great teams that have won championships they pretty much have more than 1 allstar or very good player! how many championships had gay allen, paul floppy pierce and kevin garnett won before they teamed up? zero i believe and this year the celtics had 4, thats right 4 players that have been allstars and did they win? iverson was a great player and unfortunately could have been a winner, but he couldnt share the ball and couldnt play with another allstar/star player (jerry stackhouse/larry hughes was jettisoned remember) and thats why lebron will jump ship,he wants a ring and wont get it with the cavs unless they have a major revamp...hate kobe as much as you want, but 5 rings dont lie, HE HAS A LEGACY!!!!

This thread isn't about Jordan..... who knows how well he woulda went without pippen.... probably not half as well, but as I was trying to point out, Kobe couldn't get a team very far by himself.... there have been a few stars that have been able to..... so I'm all I'm saying is Kobe has been lucky enough to have played with some very talented big men & ended up with 5 rings cause of it; Kobe is a great player, I'm not blind, but I don't like him & people think he's better than he is.

how many championships did the jazz win with stockton/malone, 2 all stars on the one team!

Think you'll find I hated the Jazz back in the Stockton/Malone times...... reason I follow the Jazz now is cause of my boy DWills. :thumbsup:

Kobe has 5 rings enough said.

He's also a rapist, nuff said!? :lol:

yeah, he is a rapist! thats why he was convicted!!!! lol...isnt it funny how once it was shown the woman in question was a scammer and had a dubious past/history of doing various things it all went away!!! how many times in sport history has this happened!!!

and who are these "stars" that have had no help have a 5 ring legacy???? think you will find it is....nobody!!!!

This thread isn't about Jordan..... who knows how well he woulda went without pippen.... probably not half as well, but as I was trying to point out, Kobe couldn't get a team very far by himself.... there have been a few stars that have been able to..... so I'm all I'm saying is Kobe has been lucky enough to have played with some very talented big men & ended up with 5 rings cause of it; Kobe is a great player, I'm not blind, but I don't like him & people think he's better than he is.

Think you'll find I hated the Jazz back in the Stockton/Malone times...... reason I follow the Jazz now is cause of my boy DWills. :thumbsup:

He's also a rapist, nuff said!? :lol:

yeah, he is a rapist! thats why he was convicted!!!! lol...isnt it funny how once it was shown the woman in question was a scammer and had a dubious past/history of doing various things it all went away!!! how many times in sport history has this happened!!!

and who are these "stars" that have had no help have a 5 ring legacy???? think you will find it is....nobody!!!!

Read my post again...... I said they got their teams far.... didn't say they won a championship. ;)

Theres some nasty mud flying around this thread so all I will say is LAKERS 09/10 NBA CHAMPIONS and KOBE one of the all time greats :worthy:
And just have to add that it was classic when Ron Ron thanked his psychiatrist and bear hugged the female reporter just after the game :lol:

Theres some nasty mud flying around this thread so all I will say is LAKERS 09/10 NBA CHAMPIONS and KOBE one of the all time greats :worthy:
And just have to add that it was classic when Ron Ron thanked his psychiatrist and bear hugged the female reporter just after the game :lol:

All of Ron Ron's post match interviews from game 7 are classic viewing.....he's a "unique" individual!!!

exactly...so the formula to winning a championship is....you need two allstars or two star players or more...hence the reason why some great players never won anything! so bagging kobe out becasue he has had another allstar alongside him doesnt really make any sense in the context that every championship team has been in the same situation! i understand what you are saying to a degree, but look what happened with allen,pierce, garnett they never won anything till they were together...they are all great players but couldnt get over the hump...and i do give iverson props, he is one of the toughest little guys to ever play, with heart and skill to match in a barly 6' frame, and he was knocked for defensive inabilties and bad shot selection,but he was a star! so we agree to disagree mate????:)

Read my post again...... I said they got their teams far.... didn't say they won a championship. ;)

Back
Top Bottom