The Official LA LAKERS thread!!

A_Iverson_I is basically saying that Kobe is a product of his "great" teammates and he is lucky to be in such situations because any other "superstar" with Kobe's teammates could win it too. To that I say whatever, why are we talking about the hypotheticals? At the end of the day the bottom line is Kobe has 5 rings. Who cares if he got them with good teammates or bad teammates. Also lots of guys wanted to come play with him because they knew it would increase their chance of winning.

I hate the "it could be anyone if they were with him" arguments. Yeah maybe a few other players could do the same thing, but they aren't in that situation for a variety of reasons - so you shouldn't take away from Kobe winning.

A_Iverson_I is basically saying that Kobe is a product of his "great" teammates and he is lucky to be in such situations because any other "superstar" with Kobe's teammates could win it too. To that I say whatever, why are we talking about the hypotheticals? At the end of the day the bottom line is Kobe has 5 rings. Who cares if he got them with good teammates or bad teammates. Also lots of guys wanted to come play with him because they knew it would increase their chance of winning.

I hate the "it could be anyone if they were with him" arguments. Yeah maybe a few other players could do the same thing, but they aren't in that situation for a variety of reasons - so you shouldn't take away from Kobe winning.

This ain't nothing new. The 'Laker Haters' are as bad as the 'Laker Fanboys' at times, sometimes worse. Never ceases to make me laugh though, always good for a giggle. ;)

Ahhhhh Well loving all these Haters!!!Makes me laugh as long as their is someone who the media portrays as the "NEXT" Jordan the haters gonna hate!!!Kobe Bryant may not be close to MJ but he is Head and shoulders above the rest of the NBA, Lebonze "The Next Karl Malone" James is a close 2ND.......But lets move past all that and Celebrate the B2B Champions LA LAKERS!!!!!

OK a few Q'S for some of you guys, OZ, Marcus, Chaddy, Andrew.......Bynum??Where to for him??DO they look at trading him for Bosh or do we stick with him??Fish is a DEFINATE Re-sign i think.......Farmar although he is incosistant where to for him?Trade him for a guy like Hinrich/Ridnour type of place our future on his back?........

Ron Artest even if he did bugger all all season LA got their $$$$$ Worth just outta GM7 and our 16TH Ring!!!!!Dude is a GREAT defender!!!

Ahhhhh Well loving all these Haters!!!Makes me laugh as long as their is someone who the media portrays as the "NEXT" Jordan the haters gonna hate!!!Kobe Bryant may not be close to MJ but he is Head and shoulders above the rest of the NBA, Lebonze "The Next Karl Malone" James is a close 2ND.......But lets move past all that and Celebrate the B2B Champions LA LAKERS!!!!!

OK a few Q'S for some of you guys, OZ, Marcus, Chaddy, Andrew.......Bynum??Where to for him??DO they look at trading him for Bosh or do we stick with him??Fish is a DEFINATE Re-sign i think.......Farmar although he is incosistant where to for him?Trade him for a guy like Hinrich/Ridnour type of place our future on his back?........

Ron Artest even if he did bugger all all season LA got their $$$$$ Worth just outta GM7 and our 16TH Ring!!!!!Dude is a GREAT defender!!!

Was getting worried about you, glad to hear you got to enjoy it! :kick:

Bynum - I'd like him to stay, I'd like to see him get back to full health
Fisher - You gotta stick with this guy now, even if he ends up seeing less minutes
Farmar - That's my boy, as up and down as he's been I'd personally hate to lose him
Artest - Now that he can breathe easy, look for him to have a HUGE season next year

All that said, let's see who our competition is next season. We brought Ron in cause it was affordable and a definite upgrade. With all the moves last season by all the different teams we had to make some ourselves. This next season I'm not so sure.

Look how long it took for Pau to shake the new boy nerves, Ron will be fine now he has a season under his belt and a championship ring to boot. :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 20-06-2010 at 09:07 PM ----------

For anyone interested, got a mixtape here called the Big Pay Back 2 Back, the production is very nice but if you're not into Hip Hop it won't be your thing. if you are I highly recommend it, been playing it flat out the last few days;

Lakers 2010 The Bigg Payback 2 Back Mixtape | September 7th | Mixtapes | Coast 2 Coast Mixtape DJs

Flo'z has been doing Laker tracks on the side of doing his own thing for along time now, production skills are nice and his flow is pretty tight.

Track listing:

1-Revenge Intro
2-Jay Rock- The Big Payback
3-Tuff feat. Bandit, K.O. & Gmac - Go Lakers (Re-Peat)(September 7th RMX w/ Production by Dae One & 21 The Producer)
4-Floz - Ring Chasers
5-Stacee Adamz - Hoop Star
6-Execution Interlude
7-Young Knox - The Big Payback Remix (Prod. by DJ Khalil)
8-Sly-Fi - Most Wanted (Prod. by Long Beach Most Wanted)
9-Floz - The Run
10-Floz - (bleep)' On Boston
11-Floz feat. Los - Hero (Prod. by Young Prince & Purp)
12-Noah Jones - Lakers Anthem (Celtics Step Back)
13-Hunned Stack P - Laker Haters
14-Floz - Buck Foston (2009)
15-Floz - Make Em' Go Fishin'
16-Lil Wayne - Kobe Bryant (2009)
17-Floz - KG's A (bleep)
18-Floz - Go To Work
19-Young Knox feat. Tay Natti - They Know
20-Floz - LeBron LeBronze
21-Camino - Westra Coastra
22-Dr. Hollywood - Lakers Run L.A.
23-www.twitter.com/september7th

For anyone interested in last seasons mixtape, here's that aswell;

Lakers 2009 World Champions mixtape ft. Flo’z | The Lakers Nation

Was getting worried about you, glad to hear you got to enjoy it! :kick:

Bynum - I'd like him to stay, I'd like to see him get back to full health
Fisher - You gotta stick with this guy now, even if he ends up seeing less minutes
Farmar - That's my boy, as up and down as he's been I'd personally hate to lose him
Artest - Now that he can breathe easy, look for him to have a HUGE season next year

All that said, let's see who our competition is next season. We brought Ron in cause it was affordable and a definite upgrade. With all the moves last season by all the different teams we had to make some ourselves. This next season I'm not so sure.

Look how long it took for Pau to shake the new boy nerves, Ron will be fine now he has a season under his belt and a championship ring to boot. :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 20-06-2010 at 09:07 PM ----------

For anyone interested, got a mixtape here called the Big Pay Back 2 Back, the production is very nice but if you're not into Hip Hop it won't be your thing. if you are I highly recommend it, been playing it flat out the last few days;

Lakers 2010 The Bigg Payback 2 Back Mixtape | September 7th | Mixtapes | Coast 2 Coast Mixtape DJs

Flo'z has been doing Laker tracks on the side of doing his own thing for along time now, production skills are nice and his flow is pretty tight.

For anyone interested in last seasons mixtape, here's that aswell;

Lakers 2009 World Champions mixtape ft. Flo’z | The Lakers Nation

Yeah mate i was extremely nervous as were the rest of us i can imagine.....LOL, Man what a game tho that will be a Game to show the Kids..lol

One player i forgot was Shannon Brown do we re-sign???I know a few guys on HK dont want him back i like the guy he brings energy off the bench tho some times he takes stupid shots but i suppose when your warming the pine you need to be focused all the time......

Got some parade info!!! :D

lakers.gif

Starts at 11am in LA (So 5am here in Melb) and can be veiwed live online at LAKERS 2010 NBA CHAMPIONS or on FOX Sports West. Coverage will start 5 hours earlier on the FSN link with pre parade stuff.

No rally unfortunately, they'll start at Staples Center and travel by bus for 2 miles, each bus equiped with Cameras and Microphones for the players. Won't be as epic as last season but should be good. :kick:

Something interesting i found T-Mac wants to play for Lakers???Imagine LO and T-Mac off the Bench???FARK ME.....

NBA Free Agency Rumor: Tracy McGrady Strongly Interested In Lakers? | Bleacher Report

Yeah I heard the T Mac thing, apparently Mike Miller wants in aswell. T Mac could be huge off the bench if he's happy to take on a role like that. Not sure what to think and won't over think it until it's a reality or more talk emerges. We're also looking at a few PG's; Steve Blake, Luke Riddenhour, Earl Watson, always liked Luke so that would be awesome but it kinda means Farmar or Brown could be out or at least taking a back seat.

I seen the whole Kimmel Show just before aswell. It was good, I thought last seasons was funnier with Adam Morrison and they got stuck into Mbenga more. The stuff they had for Morrison, that highlight rheel of his playoff efforts, that was hilarious. I liked the way Kobe paid respect to Adam though, the dude can play.

*Appologies for the double post, looks like they're not merging anymore.

Yeah I heard the T Mac thing, apparently Mike Miller wants in aswell. T Mac could be huge off the bench if he's happy to take on a role like that. Not sure what to think and won't over think it until it's a reality or more talk emerges. We're also looking at a few PG's; Steve Blake, Luke Riddenhour, Earl Watson, always liked Luke so that would be awesome but it kinda means Farmar or Brown could be out or at least taking a back seat.

I seen the whole Kimmel Show just before aswell. It was good, I thought last seasons was funnier with Adam Morrison and they got stuck into Mbenga more. The stuff they had for Morrison, that highlight rheel of his playoff efforts, that was hilarious. I liked the way Kobe paid respect to Adam though, the dude can play.

*Appologies for the double post, looks like they're not merging anymore.

Yeah the Ammo Highlight Reel was a Pi$$A!!!
T-Mac off the Bench would be great for us if he is willing to accept that was his role??Mike Miller HRMMMM Not sure about him??Wouldnt mind Luke or Blake, but that would mean Shannon not re-signing...And Less MINS for your Boy...

Staring to look like the 2000-2002 3Peat..

2008-09 Signed Pau Gasol
2010-11..????T-Mac, Mike Miller Earl Watson, Ridnour?

2000 Signed Glen Rice
2001 Signed Horace Grant
2002 Signed Mitch Richmond

I'm still stoked Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond got a ring with us. I remember how much they loved doing it for Rich, he was an aged veteran at that stage, all these young guns had theirs so it was a big thing to get him his. :)

It will be an interesting off season for the Lakers.

One trade I would do in a heartbeat is the Bosh for Bynum/Walton that has been thrown around on other forums. I love both Luke and Drew, but Luke is a defensive liability on the court, and Drew will struggle to play big minutes on his dodgy knees.

The biggest issue for the team is (and yes, I'm banging this drum again) the point guard role. Farmar has shown that he won't be a starter, and Fish will be another year older. Blake is an interesting one that would work well in the triangle I believe, Ridnor less so IMO. Not sure about salaries, but I'd be happy trading Brown for either one of those...I love Brown's highlight reel, but that doesn't convert to Ws at the end of the day!

It will be an interesting off season for the Lakers.

One trade I would do in a heartbeat is the Bosh for Bynum/Walton that has been thrown around on other forums. I love both Luke and Drew, but Luke is a defensive liability on the court, and Drew will struggle to play big minutes on his dodgy knees.

The biggest issue for the team is (and yes, I'm banging this drum again) the point guard role. Farmar has shown that he won't be a starter, and Fish will be another year older. Blake is an interesting one that would work well in the triangle I believe, Ridnor less so IMO. Not sure about salaries, but I'd be happy trading Brown for either one of those...I love Brown's highlight reel, but that doesn't convert to Ws at the end of the day!

Yeah im not sure whats goin to happen once Fish moves on where do we put our PG Stocks??Farmar?Brown??

Be Sad to see Bynum go but we coz we havnt seen him for a full season yet and what he can do.....So yeah be an interesting off-season, 1ST Re-Sign is PHIL!!

Well still no word if Phil is going to Re-Sign, I hope he does!!!Should know by the end of the week!!!He says he is leaning towards Retiring....:(:(

Watched all the Lakers Exit Interviews and Farmar has said he is pretty much gone!!!
Shannon said he would look at other options but wants to stay a Laker!!!!DJ also said the same thing!!!Guys Look at the production of Ariza when he left!!!!!Got the Same $$$$ as he would with LA!!!!
Los Angeles Lakers Blog - ESPN Los Angeles

Few more Rumours......Raja Bell Talks with the Lakers........Still no news on anything else suppose we wait till Friday....

Good on Phil for coming back! Now that worry is out of the way for the Lakers, time to get going on improving their list!

Back
Top Bottom