The Official LA LAKERS thread!!

Great game 7!

Pau Gasol & Dereck Fisher had great last quarters.......and Kobe some good rebounding.

Enjoyed that game a lot :)

Did you guys know that was the 5th time the had played in a game 7 Final v the Celtics AND it was the FIRST time the lakers had actually won ?!?

great win Lakers.

Ron got a well deserved ring! Great to see he won't fall into the category of great player but not championship

kobe wins next season and he'll equal pippen with 2x 3-peats :p wow that phil knows how to coach a team!!!

great win Lakers.

Ron got a well deserved ring! Great to see he won't fall into the category of great player but not championship

kobe wins next season and he'll equal pippen with 2x 3-peats :p wow that phil knows how to coach a team!!!

Good to see him get a ring cos he has a pretty bad rep that isn't totally fair. But a great player? I don't think so.

Artest, Gasol, Odom and Fisher played huge and made some clutch plays tonight! Kobe really played and shot poorly, making a lot of turnovers and forcing a lot of tough shots while double teamed, a lot of missed defensive assignments..nearly all the time that would translate to a loss but the starting 5 really pulled through for the Lakers tonight. But Kobe made some big plays, drawing a foul while attempting a 3 pointer, knocking down free throws by attacking the rim, and nailing a big jumper with 5minutes to go which really put the momentum going for the Lakers. Not going to comment much on the officiating throughout the Finals though, a lot of blown calls for both teams.

Good to see him get a ring cos he has a pretty bad rep that isn't totally fair. But a great player? I don't think so.

Ain't a great player??? I smell another hater. Truth is and you best beleive, without Ron tonight we would'nt have ring #16, simple as that... what happened??? You didn't see ron catching kobe's airball to make a clutch play game winner In the conf finals??? You didn't see the game today and went off the stats sheets??? That dude was 100% heart toady adn while our stars struggled, Ron Ron or Run Run, whatever you wanna call him, came through, simple as that...

i know alot of people have been waiting for Ron to self destruct in a Laker Jersey and **** it up for all of us but it wasn't to happen today...

Recognise game or remain ignorant... ;)

---------- Post added 18-06-2010 at 03:56 PM ----------

"Say Queensbridge now Van Gundy!" Artest can up huge today. Happy days r here again!!!

My sig called it months ago, amen.

SAY QUEENSBRIDE!!! AMEN TO THAT BROTHER!!!

I invested in an Artest home white jersey in the first round and I KNEW he'd play a huge part in this run. Anyone that thinks or sees otherwise is blinded...

BUCK FOSTON!!!! WHAT CAN YOU SAY NOW??????????

:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

Artest is no where near a great player. A few good plays doesn't make someone great.
And I couldn't stand him ramble on about his single **** me

---------- Post added 18-06-2010 at 03:59 PM ----------

Ain't a great player??? I smell another hater. Truth is and you best beleive, without Ron tonight we would'nt have ring #16, simple as that... what happened??? You didn't see ron catching kobe's airball to make a clutch play game winner In the conf finals??? You didn't see the game today and went off the stats sheets??? That dude was 100% heart toady adn while our stars struggled, Ron Ron or Run Run, whatever you wanna call him, came through, simple as that...

i know alot of people have been waiting for Ron to self destruct in a Laker Jersey and **** it up for all of us but it wasn't to happen today...

Recognise game or remain ignorant... ;)

---------- Post added 18-06-2010 at 03:56 PM ----------

SAY QUEENSBRIDE!!! AMEN TO THAT BROTHER!!!

I invested in an Artest home white jersey in the first round and I KNEW he'd play a huge part in this run. Anyone that thinks or sees otherwise is blinded...

BUCK FOSTON!!!! WHAT CAN YOU SAY NOW??????????

:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

LUCK FA?
They can still say that.

I'm a KG fan but if I was a Boston team fan I'd say I'd rather be a losing Boston fan than any type of Laker fan. Sorry if that's too harsh for ya.

Just got back from a long lunch with a dozen workmates (and my wife) at the local pub watching the game live. All of the others were supporting the C's (in spite of me I suspect), so the first 3 quarters were tough...but the last quarter was...only for a Lakers fan...exciting and fantastic to watch. Best not to talk about the skills (or lack there of) in this game, but as an event, I'd have to go back to G7 of the WCF against Portland a few years ago to top the excitement level. Gotta hand it to the C's for taking it up to the Lakers today - Wallace defended well and Rondo's last 3 was amazing. But well done to the guys in royal purple and gold:

Kobe came up big in the last, after having a very forgettable game to that point
Fisher does what he does best - hitting a game changing 3
Ron stepped up and showed us why we recruited him...and that 3 was the game winner
Gasol was the player of the game...his battle with Wallace was fantastic to watch
Whilst I wasn't comfortable with Sasha's celebrations, he showed the team how to step up and hit free throws under pressure

I can only imagine the ifs and buts that will come from C's fans over this series (with a certain Admin leading the way), but the fact remains:
LA Lakers - 2010 NBA Champions!!
:D:kick::D:worthy::kick::D:worthy::D

Ron makes the dumbest decisions at times, offensively he's a bit of a fluke (yes that includes his game winning shot against the Suns) but yes, without him definitely no win in G7. Defensively, he was outstanding, he's so strong that he can grab the ball away from you without slapping down on it. Not a great player in my mind Oz, but he was definitely crucial for the game and series.

GarnettFan4Life...give the Celts 2 more minutes and the outcome of the game could have been very different. Great run by them in the playoffs and a tough loss to swallow, but defensively they were outstanding, big baby was a monster with his box out and rebounding. Let the Laker fans have a moment in the limelight yea? :)

Back
Top Bottom