The Official BOSTON CELTICS thread

Well the rumour mill is in overdrive again. This time its the newly signed BBD being traded for D J Augustin from the bobcats.

Ray is constantly in the rumours too and only TA, House and Scal are the other pieces we could or would trade away.

Still I don't think that trading BBD for a guard is what we need unless it means more moves getting back another big of some sort. Our interior defense isn't what it should be at the moment and KG isn't getting any healthier.

Rondo playing HORSE at ASW is something to look forward to although he might suffer from having a bit of length with a dunking Durant etc.

I honestly can't see this benefiting the c's, if anything they need to keep the big man as KG isn't at 100%...

Well what a week.

Pierce wins the three point comp at ASW, Rondo gets his first selection, Ray ALMOST gets traded, House gets traded, Danny gives up on JR and Walker, we beat the Lakers in LA, Beat the Blazers away and expect Nate to join us for the Denver game.

pheeewwww

Got to watch todays game and even though we really didn't have PP the rest looked good after a third of the way thru the first. Before that the offence was just horrible to watch but we stayed in it thru getting the stops preventing the Blazers getting into any system. Camby really thru that out.

Rondo simply got us the W today and did as he pleased out there, KG is moving better and as a result of his legs being better his shot was certainly on even hitting a 3! We killed it in the paint and Ray shot the lights out when needed and meant we sat Rondo and KG for the entire 4th. Perk sat also and so too Pierce. Doc didn't panic to my surprise.

Tony Allen had great energy and his quickness is improving all the time depsite a rumour of an ankle injury, great D but still a few too many 'TA' moments of brain fades.

The Blazers being youngish, long and with run are the sort of team that normally challenges us but they were damn sloppy. Fernandez leaves his feet WAY too much.

Great to see Mills get minutes though and he hit a great jumper off a step to start it off.

Dare I say we actually looked better without PP in there forcing too many shots or looking for a foul when he is obviously banged up and should be resting.

How Nate will fit in is still a guess but pushing the ball up the floor with the younger more athletic second unit of TA, BBD, Daniels, Scal should be a better fit and even though I love Eddie we still have plenty of perimeter fire power to cover him when needed. I just wish we got more of Bill Walker when we had the chance, throwing he and JR in just to match salaries was criminal but I guess DA gave up on them already.

A win next up would certainly send the league a message not to judge an obvious playoff team on their win loss record come playoff time. All we need to do is stay/get healthy.

Mr DAvis came up with 2 clutch D plays to shut them down in the 4th...quality. Great to see a blowout finally.
Scal - wtf was that pass. Not NBA calibre - simple as that....

The first was a dead set charge and still the crowd thought they were robbed, the second was a bit more iffy and I actually thought he got the shot off before the charge but for the commentators to go on about how those two plays were the difference between the Blazers getting the W is a bit rich. After all we led by 22pt and blew them out in the fourth.

BBD was a bit outsized but that didn't stop him trying and a nice three point play was also a highlight. Scal's pas.....well I've got nothing....even if he was trying to lead Rondo there it was WAY off.

Now House is gone we might see more of an improvement in RA's FG% as instead of creating more plays for himself he can go back to his bread and butter of running off screens and being a spot shooter and taking the drive when they open up for him when they run at him. Will be interesting to see as even though a few like TA stand to gain more the loss of House helps Ray even more imo.

A win on Monday would be HUGE! The loss of Pierce as a factor defensively will hurt a lot though and Chauncey backing down Rondo is a worry too.

Doc.....oooops I mean Tom has his work cut out stopping the Nuggets scoring.

Agreed about the Denver game. Those guys are on a roll. Melo is hot and cold with his shooting. We need our bench to cover the 3 big time. Jr Smith and Lawson are fast and explosive off the bench. Jr can kill u or kill his team. TA on Billups might be the answer and let Rondo cover Afflalo who is more of a spot up shooter and less of a scorer even though he's a lot bigger than Rajon.

Davis's charges stopped a run though - down to 9 or 11 and those 2 plays stopped momentum...not the winning of the game but they were important and he was pumped.
Interesting to hear Doc say the C's aren't as good 1 on 1 now defensively as they used to be so they're accepting that and are focussing on help defence.

I also thought Sheed manned up on D waaay better than before the AS break when he stood still and just hacked guys...
A very promising effort and great to see a bit of laughter from the 5 on the bench in the 4th...

Good win over, albeit, the Knicks.
Ray Allen coming good at the right time of the year.

KG grabs his 12000th rebound
Eddie House and Nate end up with same stats - 4pts on 2/7 FG's so looks like the trade has worked out well :)

Tmac pretty quiet 6pts, 8asts but Rondo went off for 15pts and 16asts,man he can pass

good stuff!

And worse still, Bill Walker who I pleaded for more court time with on my sig for the last year or so gets traded and looks to be breaking out.

This team needs some Red Foreman loving and some foot in ass. Its amazing how much the game is played between the ears. Such a waste considering the talent we have on the team.

What else can us fans do but hope they pull their fingers out and if they if want to play the whole 'games don't matter till the playoffs' then at least take care of business then.

This team is doing my head in.
Such a mishmash of experienced veteran players, energy players, scorers, shooters, and get pumped by Grizz.

I hope theyre lulling everyone to sleep and are conserving energy until the playoffs and not living up to every critics assumptions of being over the hill!

Agreed - they're lethargic, Perk has disappeared since the AS break. KG is not the held defender he was to cover Rondo's defensive mistakes. Ray has been quality generally. Sheed mostly awful.....
PP is not himself - they're painful to watch at times....
Doc - booooooooooooooooooooo - make some god damn changes!!
ie Sit Perk and start with Sheed - see if he can regain the fire he used to have...

Back
Top Bottom