The Official BOSTON CELTICS thread

:lol::lol::lol: classic,

Nate Robinson had a little trouble getting into the room for the team breakfast yesterday. A security man at the hotel had a difficult time believing the diminutive guard was an NBA player, and Robinson didn’t have ID or his hotel room key. Said Robinson: “I turned to Paul (Pierce) and said, ‘C’mon, tell him I’m with the Celtics.’ And Paul said, ‘I don’t know you.’ The other guys were like, ‘Y’all got to do your job. Get him out of here.’ “He was coming toward me and they all said, ‘No, no, no. He’s with us.’ ” Boston Herald

Read more: HoopsHype - NBA Rumors

That was a fantastic first game of the series!

Will be interesting to see what happens after review of that pushing & shoving incident. KG may receive a game suspension, that would suck.
Q got what he deserved, not knowing what was said though, coming over like that and being a punk ***** in KG's ear, loved the jawing and intensity!

---------- Post added 18-04-2010 at 11:35 PM ----------

from nba.com

A. Flagrant Foul Rules

There are two types of Flagrant Fouls, as follows:

Flagrant “1” (FFP1) - unnecessary contact committed by a player against an opponent. The opposing team is awarded two (2) free throws and possession.

Flagrant “2” (FFP2) - unnecessary and excessive contact committed by a player against an opponent. The opposing team is awarded two (2) free throws and possession and the player committing the foul is automatically ejected.

Any player who commits two Flagrant “1” Fouls in the same game will be automatically ejected from that game.

In addition, in order to address the problem of repeat offenders, the following three-point system will be in effect during the 2010 Playoffs:

•Flagrant “1” = 1 point
•Flagrant “2” = 2 points

A player will receive the points set forth above for each flagrant foul committed during the Playoffs. If the player’s Playoff total exceeds 3 points, he will receive an automatic suspension following the game in which his point total exceeds 3 points and for each additional flagrant foul committed during the Playoffs, as follows:

Player at 2 points commits a FFP2: automatic one-game suspension
Player at 3 or 4 points commits a FFP1: automatic one-game suspension
Player at 3 or 4 points commits a FFP2: automatic two-game suspension
Player at 5 points or more commits a FFP1 or FFP2: automatic two-game suspension

Once a player accumulates two (2) points, the League Office will immediately: (i) notify his team by e-mail; and (ii) send the player a letter by overnight mail (with a copy to his Head Coach and General Manager), in each case advising of the player’s current point total and the penalties for any additional flagrant fouls he may commit during the Playoffs.

The League Office will review all flagrant fouls ("1" and "2"), and will have the right, following review, to reclassify a flagrant foul or to classify as flagrant a foul not called flagrant during a game. In addition, the League Office maintains the right to impose a fine and/or suspension upon any player who commits a flagrant foul at any time during the Playoffs (regardless of whether the point levels described above are reached).

The League Office will consider the following factors (as well as any other relevant facts and circumstances) in determining whether to classify a foul as Flagrant "1" or Flagrant "2", to reclassify a flagrant foul, or to impose a fine and/or suspension on the player involved:

1. The severity of the contact; 2. Whether or not the player was making a legitimate basketball play (e.g., whether a player is making a legitimate effort to block a shot; note, however, that a foul committed during a block attempt can still be considered flagrant if other criteria are present such as recklessness and hard contact to the head) 3. Whether, on a foul committed with a player’s arm or hand, the fouling player wound up and/or followed through after making contact; 4. The potential for injury resulting from contact (e.g., a blow to the head and a foul committed while a player is in a vulnerable position); 5. The severity of any injury suffered by the offended player; and 6. The outcome of the contact (e.g., whether it led to an altercation).

couple of key points highlighted there.

if they wanna send a message regarding physicality in the playoffs they can suspend Garnett, on the basis of that provision in the flagrant foul rules.

they can reclassify one or both of his flagrant fouls to put him at a certain point total so that can result in a suspension, or be at a certain point total so the next flagrant foul does.

they can take into account the whole situation and leave it as is. Richardson provoked, no real injury etc etc.

I think it's Playoffs Time baby, harden up! Shouldn't lose a game cause of that! :D

my $0.02 anyway.........

Q-Rich got into KG's nerve. If Pierce didn't do his acting to have a short rest it could have not happened.;) But I thought Pierce was fouled in that play but the refs just let it go so I would really balme it on the refs.:thumbsup:

I hope KG doesn't get suspended for it coz Q-rich really initiated the commotion...

Q-Rich got into KG's nerve. If Pierce didn't do his acting to have a short rest it could have not happened.;) But I thought Pierce was fouled in that play but the refs just let it go so I would really balme it on the refs.:thumbsup:

I hope KG doesn't get suspended for it coz Q-rich really initiated the commotion...

agree mate! Pierce is a veteran and will always find some way to get a rest :lol:
or drag out the length of the game if it is needed.

Interesting in this game that Nate and Marquis got no time! thought they would need to be a factor this series, or maybe they are getting some rest

KG's suspended for a game, and he deserves it.

You can't use Q's words as an excuse. Guys always talk trash, during the whole game. When you make it physical and throw a punch or an elbow that's going over the line.

KG's suspended for a game, and he deserves it.

You can't use Q's words as an excuse. Guys always talk trash, during the whole game. When you make it physical and throw a punch or an elbow that's going over the line.

totally disagree with it.
the fact that Q was fined $25k shows they should have suspended him too then, what did he get fined for? provocation?

totally disagree with it.
the fact that Q was fined $25k shows they should have suspended him too then, what did he get fined for? provocation?

How does that prove that they should have suspended him?

Q got the fine for "taunting" Garnett after Garnett started taunting him.

Garnett got the suspension for throwing an elbow.

Plain and simple.

If Q threw an elbow he would have been suspended too.

It's not rocket science..

---------- Post added 19-04-2010 at 01:45 PM ----------

I think Q should have been fined more than that coz he was taunting them after the break, smiling while looking towards the celtic bench.:rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure everyone would have been talking after the break. You're going to fine a guy who is on the opposite side of the court for smiling at the Celtics bench?

Seriously.

He already copped a $25K fine. Like that's not enough..

Plain and simple.

I'm pretty sure everyone would have been talking after the break. You're going to fine a guy who is on the opposite side of the court for smiling at the Celtics bench?

Seriously.

Yeah why not? I guess thats the only way he can get back the Celtics. ;)

Garnett's penalty is in the rule book so I cant argue that but for someone who's team is losing, Q is a completely total loser...:D

Plain and simple.

Seriously.

not rocket science but not as cut and dry as you make it sound

what did he get fined for?
provocation?
ok well that provoking led to him getting elbowed - leading to a player suspension
game behind the game, he shouldn't be able to cop a $$ fine, negligible to the money he earns as an NBA player
also there was no Garnett taunting him, KG had his back to him looking at Pierce on the floor and Q came up and barked something in his ear.

go back and re watch the vid i suggest

also, Q has a long history of not getting on with Pierce, he was definitely coming over to get involved where he shouldn't have

plain and simple as you say

Either way it was a brain fart from Garnett and shouldn't have happened. Now the Celts are without him for game 2 when they should have him on deck to put the nail in!

Either way it was a brain fart from Garnett and shouldn't have happened. Now the Celts are without him for game 2 when they should have him on deck to put the nail in!

i think they will still get gm2 without him, get him some rest!
he had a good but not great game1, should be interesting to see!

not rocket science but not as cut and dry as you make it sound

what did he get fined for?
provocation?
ok well that provoking led to him getting elbowed - leading to a player suspension
game behind the game, he shouldn't be able to cop a $$ fine, negligible to the money he earns as an NBA player
also there was no Garnett taunting him, KG had his back to him looking at Pierce on the floor and Q came up and barked something in his ear.

go back and re watch the vid i suggest

also, Q has a long history of not getting on with Pierce, he was definitely coming over to get involved where he shouldn't have

plain and simple as you say

See that's where you're wrong.

You talk about Q's "history" and about what he "barked" to Pierce/Garnett.

None of that matters, it's purely circumstantial.

The NBA front office has a hard time with these situations and that is exactly why they make it so cut and dry - like I said.

The bottom line is - one a player makes it physical that is crossing the line.

It is as black and white as that.

Garnett threw the elbow = He's out.

Q didn't get physical = just a fine, despite whatever provocation you think happened, or whatever past history he has with Pierce.

---------- Post added 19-04-2010 at 03:39 PM ----------

i think they will still get gm2 without him, get him some rest!
he had a good but not great game1, should be interesting to see!

I think the other Celts will step up and make it hard for the Heat in Game 2, but Garnett played a significant role in Game 1.

His energy and hustle gave the Heat headaches. Take into account those two alley-oop plays as well, and his defense on Michael Beasley.

Back
Top Bottom