The Official 2013-14 EPL Season Thread

just read were are making a huge play for di maria and benzema.
just a couple more to add to your list is there anyone arsenel or liverpool arnt linked with ......Benzema would be quality for any team maybe he could stop by at newcastle and have a word with the fat controller.

I woke up early hoping to watch my team (Liverpool) take on Aston Villa.......instead I saw what appeared to be the Liverpool City Skiing Society! That fair dinkum is the worst playing shirt I have ever seen!

Man shittys efforts this morning have cost me in fantasy this week, not happy at all!

Liverpool I top with 3 "easy" games coming up. Could be a very special start to the season if we can win those next 3 games.

You lot need a City perspective - I know you've missed me... anyway - This City team have me worried. We've played arguably the three worst teams in the league and have looked like conceeding plenty in the last two. They're playing a high defensive line a bit like AVB tried with Chelsea a while back. It's not working, espcially since Lescott turns around like the Queen Mary - All u gota do is chip it over his head to someone with speed and it's a 1-1 with Hart. Komps is out another 3 weeks so will be strugglinh by the time the Derby comes around. On a positive note - Negredo looks the business - strong, quick enough and can head a ball. We also have Jovetic yet to come in - he looks an exciting player, and Navas runs his socks off all over the park - looks like a wingers version of Tevez except without the goal scoring!!

nice to see you back lj...

Arsenal
* Arsenal made a massive 29 tackles v Spurs with Aaron Ramsey the most combative (8).
* Goalscorer Olivier Giroud recorded a woeful 38% pass completion rate v Tottenham.
* All of the Frenchman's 14 Premier League goals have been scored in London.

Aston Villa
* Aston Villa have picked up more bookings (12) than any other PL side so far this season.
* Their possession average is the lowest in the PL at 38.1%.
* Christian Benteke wins more aerial duels per game (10.3) than any other PL player.

Cardiff City
* Cardiff play the fewest short passes per game (270) of any team in the PL.
* Kim Bo-Kyung dribbled past seven Everton players on Saturday.
* Gary Medel has the best pass completion rate (90.7%) of any Cardiff player this season.

Chelsea
* Chelsea have made fewer interceptions (20) this season than any other PL club. In contrast, Manchester United have made 53.
* Chelsea are putting in fewer crosses per game (11) than any other PL side this season.
* Only Swansea and Everton attack down the right-hand side less than Chelsea (32%).

Crystal Palace
* Palace are level with West Ham and Stoke this season in winning 80 aerial duels so far.
* Jason Puncheon made four chances for Palace v Sunderland on Saturday without recording an assist.
* Daniel Gabbidon made a phenomenal 19 clearances v Sunderland as well as scoring the opening goal.

Everton
* Everton have had more shots this season (55) than any other PL club but have scored just two goals. They have allowed the fewest number of shots (19).
* They have averaged 64.1% possession this season - the highest in the Premier League.
* Roberto Martinez has picked the same starting XI in three consecutive PL games.

Fulham
* Only Hull (21) have had fewer shots than Fulham (24) this season and no team has allowed more shots (65).
* It took 67 minutes for them to register a shot on target at Newcastle on Saturday.
* Darren Bent had no shots in 82 minutes but was caught offside three times.

Hull City
* Hull have had the fewest shots (21) in the PL so far this season.
* Sone Aluko has been fouled more times (13) than any other player in the top flight in the first three games.
* Ahmed Elmohamady has won possession more times in the defensive third (18) than any other PL player so far.

Liverpool
* Liverpool top the tackle charts in the Premier League with 88 tackles (29.3 per game). Lucas Leiva makes a league-high average of six tackles per game.
* Daniel Sturridge has lost the ball with a poor touch 12 times this season - the joint-highest in the league with Sergio Aguero.
* Martin Skrtel made three tackles, two interceptions, 11 clearances and two shot blocks v United but all five of his attempted long balls failed to find a teammate.

Manchester City
* City's average pass success rate of 87.1% is the highest in the PL so far this season.
* Agüero has been disposessed more times (13) than any other player as well as losing the ball 12 times with a poor touch.
* Jesús Navas found a City player with an impressive six of his nine attempted crosses v Hull on Saturday.

Manchester United
* Only Southampton have played more long balls per game (84) than Man United (73) so far this season.
* Central midfield pair Tom Cleverley and Michael Carrick have created a total of four scoring chances in three PL games.
* Ashley Young attempted nine crosses in 63 minutes v Liverpool but only one reached a teammate.

*Newcastle United
* Hatem Ben Arfa has had the same number of shots (13) this season as Olivier Giroud and Robin van Persie.
* Sylvain Marveaux has made the same number of chances for teammates (10) as Eden Hazard but has played only two PL games.
* Newcastle put in a massive 42 crosses v Fulham with Ben Arfa and Marveaux contributing 11 each.

Norwich City
* Nathan Redmond has dribbled past more players (13) than any other PL player this season.
* Leroy Fer made eight of Norwich's 29 tackles v Southampton on Saturday.
* Norwich have lost only one of 11 PL games at Carrow Road in 2013.

Southampton
* Southampton have committed more fouls per game (17) than any other PL side this season.
* James Ward-Prowse has averaged more crosses per game (4.7) than any other PL player.
* Pablo Osvaldo was the only Saints player to register a shot on target v Norwich on Saturday.

* Stoke City
* Stoke's six points from three games represents their best start to a PL season.
* Mark Hughes has increased Stoke's pass completion success from 70.2% last season to 78.7% this season.
* No Potters' striker has scored in their opening three PL matches.

* Sunderland
* Sunderland have won just two of ten games managed by Paolo Di Canio.
* Ji Dong-Won touched the ball just 11 times before being hauled off at half-time v Crystal Palace.
* His replacement Steven Fletcher has scored one goal from one shot this season.

* Swansea City
* Only Yaya Toure (267) has made more passes this season in the PL than José Cañas (236).
* Jonathan De Guzmán did not displace any of his 18 passes when he came off the bench v West Brom.
* Michu made a remarkable seven key passes v the Baggies - more than the entire West Brom side put together.

Tottenham Hotspur
* Only Everton (55) have had more shots than Tottenham (53) this season but they have failed to score from open play. Paulinho has had more shots than any other PL player without scoring (11).
* They have not been caught offside once in three PL games.
* Kyle Walker attempted eight crosses v Arsenal and did not find a single teammate.

West Brom
* The Baggies have managed just four shots on target in three PL games. They are yet to score.
* West Brom have won only one of their last 12 Premier League games.
* Nicolas Anelka was dispossessed five times and lost the ball a futher four times with a poor touch v Swansea on Sunday.

West Ham
* The Hammers have the lowest pass completion rate in the PL this season at 72.4%.
* They have had just five shots on target in three PL games. They managed none at home to Stoke on Saturday.
* Winston Reid, James Collins and Modibo Maiga won seven aerial duels each v Stoke.

love the support...

fan.jpg

/\/\ thats what happens when the majority of your fan base are glory followers.
and why all this fuss over walker doing some bulbs on a night out? is it really that big a deal?

super frank makes his 100th cap for England tonight against Ukraine. last time we played Ukraine we were outplayed. mind you last time we played most teams we were outplayed. don't know weather to last or cry

super frank makes his 100th cap for England tonight against Ukraine. last time we played Ukraine we were outplayed. mind you last time we played most teams we were outplayed. don't know weather to last or cry

And what a dull, drab game that was! There seems little creative spark in this England team..

And what a dull, drab game that was! There seems little creative spark in this England team..
All the creativity in the EPL is from overseas players mainly. Sad but true. Jaja Binks spoke the truth the other day when he said there should be more English players in each team. City used to have a decent number but now it's basically Hart, Richards if he's fit and Milner on the odd occasion.

All the creativity in the EPL is from overseas players mainly. Sad but true. Jaja Binks spoke the truth the other day when he said there should be more English players in each team. City used to have a decent number but now it's basically Hart, Richards if he's fit and Milner on the odd occasion.
Michael Platini said a couple of years ago that he'd like to cap the amount of foreign players allowed per team. Platini's point was that it protects the future generations . makes perfect sense to me. I look forward to the day this happens if it happens.

Michael Platini said a couple of years ago that he'd like to cap the amount of foreign players allowed per team. Platini's point was that it protects the future generations . makes perfect sense to me. I look forward to the day this happens if it happens.

It will never happen. There is to much money in having so many foreigners in the big leagues

Back
Top Bottom