The Official 2013-14 EPL Season Thread

I think Arsenal are making bids on players they know they'll not get. Trying to fool the fans into to thinking they're doing something.
I thought that with United trying to sign Cesc. Was never going to happen. I think us bidding £40m for Suarez was very much a realistic offer. Unfortunately Liverpool didn't want to sell. Cabaye very likely I reckon.

Pardew is blaming Arsenal for unsettling Newcastle by bidding for Cabaye. Would've thought bids during the transfer window were ok?

Yeah bids are ok whenever though the transfer window , i guess he wasnt to impressed with the timing of it just before gameday, i guess newcastle are lucky we rejected your offer cause i would hate to see him go to arsenel.

I found that quite amusing. I can't really work out how it could be to blame when Cabaye wasn't even in the squad!!

Latest reports suggest Arsenal are after Cabaye, Pogba, Micah Richards, Ash Williams and Michu. While still keeping an eye on the situations of Rooney and Suarez. Would have thought that the first five are gettable. They would also definitely strengthen the squad.

I think Arsenal are making bids on players they know they'll not get. Trying to fool the fans into to thinking they're doing something.

this. wengers already layed the foundations by saying he believes this current squad will make a challenge. even if he gets cabaye, thats hardly enough work during the transfer window...
and iker cassilas he wants aswell? the guy whos been at madird since he was 9 and has been the #1 choice for the last decade? good luck...

this. wengers already layed the foundations by saying he believes this current squad will make a challenge. even if he gets cabaye, thats hardly enough work during the transfer window...
and iker cassilas he wants aswell? the guy whos been at madird since he was 9 and has been the #1 choice for the last decade? good luck...

Did you not watch madrid last season? He barely played a game in saying that mourinhos left and he was the one he had beef with so that could very well change

Did you not watch madrid last season? He barely played a game in saying that mourinhos left and he was the one he had beef with so that could very well change
Yes that caused a lot of resentment amongst himself and some real players and most fans last season. I remember mourinho being asked at a press conference and his reply was 'I like a certain type of GK'. geez I love mourinho , he's great for the game and he's back where he belongs.

Latest reports suggest Arsenal are after Cabaye, Pogba, Micah Richards, Ash Williams and Michu. While still keeping an eye on the situations of Rooney and Suarez. Would have thought that the first five are gettable. They would also definitely strengthen the squad.
Tottenham have been far more ambitious than arsenal this transfer deadline. Sorry rishgoon but it's true. I'm only saying this because it will be the spurs and gunners batteling it out for 4th possie come seasons end. Tottenham are favourites to sign willian another quality player. Bale will most likely leave, leaving the spurs with more money to spend. Arsenal do have a good future if they can keep all there young guns together but there still to dependent on the youngsters.
Anyway rooneys body language on the weekend wasn't great. He wants out so sell him get the money and go and buy a good spaniard.

Tottenham have been far more ambitious than arsenal this transfer deadline. Sorry rishgoon but it's true. I'm only saying this because it will be the spurs and gunners batteling it out for 4th possie come seasons end. Tottenham are favourites to sign willian another quality player. Bale will most likely leave, leaving the spurs with more money to spend. Arsenal do have a good future if they can keep all there young guns together but there still to dependent on the youngsters.
Anyway rooneys body language on the weekend wasn't great. He wants out so sell him get the money and go and buy a good spaniard.

No doubt, Tott*nham have shown a heap of ambition. Bale certain to go I think, they've spent a lot of money with the knowledge that they have the Bale money coming in.

I'd imagine Arsenal would come back with another bid. Had £10m knocked back, £15m soon I think.
Im pretty sure newcastle will knock back a 15mill bid , come back with a 20mill offer and will start talking as much as i like cabaye i would hate to see him leave and not getting anyone in before the window shuts. But the rumours on NUFC forum are we are in talks with 3 players not sure who just hope no more French

I heard PSG also interested in cabaye ready to offer 15mill make it 15mill and Sakho and you got a deal PSG.(but he's French too) bugger

Im pretty sure newcastle will knock back a 15mill bid , come back with a 20mill offer and will start talking as much as i like cabaye i would hate to see him leave and not getting anyone in before the window shuts. But the rumours on NUFC forum are we are in talks with 3 players not sure who just hope no more French
French
No doubt, Tott*nham have shown a heap of ambition. Bale certain to go I think, they've spent a lot of money with the knowledge that they have the Bale money coming in.
I was wandering where Tottenham were getting there funds. Scary if they get willian , they've already got good depth. For me arsenal need a good holding midfield player and a goal scorer to state the obvious. Why not go after Rooney. I'm not sure if cabaye is the answer. They should go and get a tough experienced player in the mould of viera. Give vermalen the captains armband , he's tough.

No more French lol

French

I was wandering where Tottenham were getting there funds. Scary if they get willian , they've already got good depth. For me arsenal need a good holding midfield player and a goal scorer to state the obvious. Why not go after Rooney. I'm not sure if cabaye is the answer. They should go and get a tough experienced player in the mould of viera. Give vermalen the captains armband , he's tough.
Vermaelen is still captain, injured at the moment though.

bale is certain to leave, he has to be tottenham cant keep spending all this money, where is it coming from? bale i assume.

capoue, chaldi, paulinho, soldado. and now it looks like willian, wheres this money coming from?

i know they sold parker and huddlestone, but hardly a dent in the money where talking about here.

EDIT: forgot about dempsey but still not a huge difference.

Not sure if your aware but the ox is out for 6 weeks :(
Yeah, I think 6 weeks is looking like best case scenario.

What with the injuries and the lack of signings, and the result against Villa, I'm a touch flat :cry:.

HOPEFULLY have a good Champions League qualifier tomorrow morning.

he played half of last season, but i assumed that was becuase he fractured his hand...didnt know the tiff with mourinho was such a big deal.

bale is certain to leave, he has to be tottenham cant keep spending all this money, where is it coming from? bale i assume.

capoue, chaldi, paulinho, soldado. and now it looks like willian, wheres this money coming from?

i know they sold parker and huddlestone, but hardly a dent in the money where talking about here.

EDIT: forgot about dempsey but still not a huge difference.

I heard from a good mate this morning who's a massive spurs fan that bale is gone for 93mill thats where all the money is coming from to buy the likes of paulinho and soldado etc... also william expected in for a medical today for 30 mill.........

Back
Top Bottom