The Official 2013-14 EPL Season Thread

Lol! How much was Ozil again??

Seriously - what went wrong? Just watching the start now...two defenders back in the 5th minute?? What was Wenger thinking?
Ozil was expensive. Arsenal are self-funded though, that's what I meant.

Was a poor game from us. And Chelsea were very good. Maybe if Giroud had of taken his early chance it might of been different, but I don't think so.

He should've scored for sure... but the team set up to me was odd....
Agreed. Would've made for some exciting football against a lesser team, Chelsea too much attacking quality. Wenger can seem stubborn for not switching things up when required. Chelsea just too good though.

Ref certainly dished out plenty of cards in El Classico. 3 penalties scored. No love lost between these teams :red:

In some ways that game is always an embarrassment to the sport - watching Pepe and Fabregas' double flop was pathetic. Ronaldo dives constantly - and then he slams the ref and claims a conspiracy. He is one of world sports all time douchebags, despite his skill.

In some ways that game is always an embarrassment to the sport - watching Pepe and Fabregas' double flop was pathetic. Ronaldo dives constantly - and then he slams the ref and claims a conspiracy. He is one of world sports all time douchebags, despite his skill.

I didnt think Ronaldo dived on that one (even though the challenge was outside the box). Thought Neymar's penalty was pretty soft.

Till they start sending people off for diving, make use of video footage for it ...it will always be part of the game.
Glad to see Suarez has worked hard to eradicate the dive from his game.
Shame to see such skillful players taking the ol imaginary sniper bullet and throwing themselves at the turf.

I think you're imagining that bit about Suarez eliminating diving. He goes down quicker than Miley Cyrus....

Here's something interesting...

Hart £ 600,000
Zabbaleta £6,500,000
Kompany £6,700,000
Demi £4,000,000
Clichy £7,000,000
Navas £14,000,000
Toure £24,000,000
Nasri £22,000,000
Silva £25,000,000
Fernadinho £30,000,000
Dzeko £27,000,000
£166,800,000

De Gea £18,900,000
Evra £5,500,000
Carrick £18,600,000
Ferdinand £27,550,000
Raphael £2,500,000
Cleverly £0
Jones £17,000,000
Fellani £27,500,000
Rooney £27,000,000
Mata £37,500,000
Welbeck £0
£182,050,000

That United lineup...not the cheapest...

Actually where is Garcia?? You guys shelled out a fair bit for him.
He was on the bench. I think he cost $14 mill..He's actually doing a job for us now, as holding midfield when they take a playmaker off, push Yaya up and solidify things...

U in the Moyes in or out brigade mate?

U in the Moyes in or out brigade mate?

Tough one. I think he has lost the dressing room and its pretty clear that they players are not playing for him. I think they will move to dump him at seasons end.

Apparently had a big blowup with Ryan Giggs on the training paddock. This was the alleged quote ""Two hours of defensive practice? This is Manchester United for f*** sake." Gold!

Lol! Just the amount of backwards passing or players facing away from goal - it was surreal to watch as a City fan. Me and my son were like 'what are they doing?'

Big day in the title race. Basically now if Liverpool win all their games they're home. Means they have to beat City and Chelsea at home but they're quite capable of that. Hoping Tottenham can do us a favour tomorrow but the way they're leaking goals I think that's a slim chance...

Back
Top Bottom