Some defacto kudos...

mate you cant stop the retro, you need to do a 5ft gun shooting a duck!! you should do lance armstrong in a celts jersey with the #7 on it!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Lance......NEVER! Lance is a :swear::swear::wave:

I'll continue some retro stuff, running out of walls here though LOL

Ones like the fishing derby take ages as each piece is to scale and each block mm's in size to make up the picture. Pitfall and HERO will take a while because of just working out the scale and lining up all the parts of the painting.

A street fighter character would come up well though in the style of the first painting in the thread though.

Really want to do some daliesque type of stuff though too.

I've got an idea for your next painting if you feel you're up to it.

A retro style painting with a pair of Jordan 1 high tops and the Jumpman logo in there somewhere for good measure :D

Jordan? Not in this household.

Easy, just go to your nearest $2 shop or cheapy art dealer and buy a canvas. Cheap paints paint like cheap paints and the decent ones are only $6 a tube anyway. And just paint what ya like. Acrylic is easy as mistakes can be painted over.

Draw a grid on the canvas if it helps you work out scales too.

The lifelike stuff is harder but abstract or geometric acrylic stuff is a piece of piss.

Even simple lines are easy with a bit of tape to get straight edges.

haha come on the greatest of all time and you disrespect him like that :p

I'll hit the local art supplies store this week some time and get some acrylic's, my signwriting brushes should do the trick. Never done a canvas painting before so should be a good learning experience.
I work in signs so the canvas and board are all freebies :D

Im going to go for a semi cartoon style with it (don't know what the technical name is :lol: )

Jordan? Not in this household.

Easy, just go to your nearest $2 shop or cheapy art dealer and buy a canvas. Cheap paints paint like cheap paints and the decent ones are only $6 a tube anyway. And just paint what ya like. Acrylic is easy as mistakes can be painted over.

Draw a grid on the canvas if it helps you work out scales too.

The lifelike stuff is harder but abstract or geometric acrylic stuff is a piece of piss.

Even simple lines are easy with a bit of tape to get straight edges.

nice work chad! like the retro art, glad you found soemthing constructive to do in your down time...

Great work there mate. Any chance of some painting some Halo stuff?

Im open to do stuff for people depending on time. I'm back at work 3 days a week and soon to go to 4 days so they might take a while. Just the cost of supplies plus my time doing it.

Jordan being the best is very subjective when you are a Celts fan and guys have 10 plus rings ;-)

A decent brush will make life a LOT easier. Its all water soluable so if you look after them they will last a fair while. Small sponge rollers are great for back ground colour work.

Back
Top Bottom