Panini Paralells - too far?

I agree, I've been watching more and more lately, there has been some gems out of the College Uni stuff.

I can't stand all the rubbish Panini is bringing out. But them having NBA is still a rather small sample size. I mean think back to 99/00, 00/01, 01/02 and 02/03. They are really flat years for cards IMO.

Panini are all about the business, I'd like to see their numbers of how much they're making each year.

Out of Prizm, Select and Spectra, the 1/1s and 12/13 Prizm Golds look to be the valuable cards. The rest is garbage IMO.

But I am looking forward to Immaculate and Flawless. Even if that too is crazily overpriced.

The golds in Spectra to me demand value!

Ok, I understand the whole parallel thing and all, but think of it like this.

If you're busting a product, would you like all base and say one of 2 variations of a parallel where in one 18 pack box you get 2 parallel hits and 120 plain base cards or would you like parallel hit of some variety in each pack? Base cards are 99.95% disposable these days. I've seen guys busting boxes of a low end product literally throwing the base from the pack to the bin....

You're right.

I really want to bust 12/13 Prizm. But you get just 2 refractors per box, 2!!!!

Which makes it very hit or miss.

Where Panini has fudged up, is they are bringing out product after product with Golds /10 and other parallels almost as rare or as close to as rare.
It's getting ridiculous.

I have a couple in hand, they are much better than what you see on a screen

I agree with this. Much better in hand.

Spectra being so similar, and released so close to select however I think hurt it.

PS to all - I'm really glad I have no Faried in preferred checklist. Hooray!

I agree with this. Much better in hand.

Spectra being so similar, and released so close to select however I think hurt it.

PS to all - I'm really glad I have no Faried in preferred checklist. Hooray!

better get crackin on those spectras then ;)

Im too scared to even type in "Kobe 2013-14" into Beckett. I think it would put me off the hobby for good.

I think Im going to scrap all the parallels and simply chase, base, base inserts (select: skills, sky high, stars etc) jerseys and auto's

I think the base inserts at $2-$6 should hold their value more than the red, blue, orange, purple, light blue, pink, green, gold, black and refractors of the same cards:(

I have no doubt they are.

I just think with so many Golds /10 out there, plus this is my least favourite design other than Crusade, the Gold /10 may end up as nothing special.

I won't be spending money on this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231286713823?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

But they may change the design next year, who knows.

That's fairly cheap actually :p I get ya, I guess with so many versions of golds and parras out there player collectors now have to be choosy with what they buy. Gone are the days when you have to chase down every card of that player out there!

NEWS JUST IN!!!

Panini to release it's 76th basketball product this year "PANINI PARRAELLS VARIATIONS"
Where you can collect 1000 fucking variations and parraells of the same fucking card!!! OMG!!! JIZZ!!! DOPE!!! AWESOME!!! :mad:

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

I think that covers my feelings on this subjet... :)

Prizm golds (from any product) can how be purchased for a fraction of the price compared to when they first came out due to having prizm golds in multiple products over the last 2 seaons. This is a prime example of diluting the market. If they had upped the number of inserts for prizm, and maybe release another set like crusade, which has the technology but is a different enough looking products, they would be able to maintain some value IMO.

I've been out of the game a good 2-3 years and coming back it seems like the market is totally flooded full of extra's...I keep looking at cards and thinking they look so similar and can't remember if I have bought them or not! So I've gone to just buying jersey numbered now, makes it much more of a challenge and I would be broke buying up every card that I hadn't already had!

Yeah Spectra broke me as well especially straight after Select. I have a PC now where its more of a long term project rather than a short term budget blaster. I have chosen to PC players with few cards from the Spurs such as Tiago Splitter, Patty Mills and Livio Jean-Charles (308 cards in total). I wouldn't mind chasing cards of Bryce Cotton and Kyle Anderson in next years lot of releases but will see how things go. My side PC is getting 2013-14 Spurs cards that I like and its a PC where I don't need to get every card. In addition I have added a Vintage Spurs PC as well for cards released between 1973-1990 which is a cheap alternative. To me it looks like I am collecting quite a bit but to be honest now that I have set these parameters and chosen not to chase every card I have found it to be a bit more appealing again with a large variety and less pressure to get every card. My tip would be for PC players with all the big releases coming out to be a product behind so that when the attention turns to the new product the previous release becomes more affordable.

Spectra is a steaming pile of sh1t... Panini knew it, thats why they dumped extra hits into the each box.. they probably did a couple of original test boxes to consumers and asked what they thought of the product at the price point... and they more than likely got blasted... Hence sh1tting their pants and putting 4 extra hits per box into the product.

With stellar hits like this to be had;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-14-Pan..._Basketball&hash=item486a8cf967#ht_160wt_1364
They are clutching at straws with this schlock.

13-14 Preferred is another load of crud.

They executed the Silouettes really well again and Paninis choice are exactly the same, but the rest of the product is garbage.
The VS booklets stink as they have stuff all color and no border around the material windows.. overall a godawful design.. the rookie booklets aren't much better.
The Finals booklets only have the 1/1 worth chasing and if you dont pull one, chances are you cant afford to buy one.
Tag booklets are decent, but no change from previous years.
The crown royales are the design that really eats sh1t from that product though/// stupid colored parallels and a worse design than last year = dogsh1t.

13-14 Select, whilst at first a bit skeptical with the lake of true 'patches', I have started to like more than crusade, which dropped hits per box whilts adding a stupid ass die-cut to their crusade rainbow.

I just hope they don't ruin Flawless and Immaculate. Panini need to settle the feck down.
Get some geniuine life-time collectors to join their design and marketing teams, not a bunch of money hungry ferrets on acid.

Spectra is a steaming pile of sh1t... Panini knew it, thats why they dumped extra hits into the each box.. they probably did a couple of original test boxes to consumers and asked what they thought of the product at the price point... and they more than likely got blasted... Hence sh1tting their pants and putting 4 extra hits per box into the product.

With stellar hits like this to be had;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-14-Pan..._Basketball&hash=item486a8cf967#ht_160wt_1364
They are clutching at straws with this schlock.

13-14 Preferred is another load of crud.

They executed the Silouettes really well again and Paninis choice are exactly the same, but the rest of the product is garbage.
The VS booklets stink as they have stuff all color and no border around the material windows.. overall a godawful design.. the rookie booklets aren't much better.
The Finals booklets only have the 1/1 worth chasing and if you dont pull one, chances are you cant afford to buy one.
Tag booklets are decent, but no change from previous years.
The crown royales are the design that really eats sh1t from that product though/// stupid colored parallels and a worse design than last year = dogsh1t.

13-14 Select, whilst at first a bit skeptical with the lake of true 'patches', I have started to like more than crusade, which dropped hits per box whilts adding a stupid ass die-cut to their crusade rainbow.

I just hope they don't ruin Flawless and Immaculate. Panini need to settle the feck down.
Get some geniuine life-time collectors to join their design and marketing teams, not a bunch of money hungry ferrets on acid.

Immaculate preview came out this morning. And boy does it look amazing. Select and now Immaculate are the only products this year I've been excited about.

Just an update on what I was saying about killing the value of golds, I just landed a Drummond gold 2clr patch from spectra for $19.50, which I think is a great price, but just goes to show how low they have fallen.

Just an update on what I was saying about killing the value of golds, I just landed a Drummond gold 2clr patch from spectra for $19.50, which I think is a great price, but just goes to show how low they have fallen.

Yep the last 3 Faried gold patches have all ended under $20 also. It's so disappointing to see. I'm just glad I'm not the one who busted & sold it.

PANINI
image.jpg

Yep the last 3 Faried gold patches have all ended under $20 also. It's so disappointing to see. I'm just glad I'm not the one who busted & sold it.

spectra is 299usd a box, 12 cards per box = around $25 a card? why would you risk it, just buy singles!

Back
Top Bottom