Like others after many years not collecting...

TBB1983

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Adrian
Hi All,

After many years of not collecting i have decided to jump back in.
I have realised that i have jumped in as the prices are up and a bit crazy but its a hobby and a bit of fun.

Im mainly into NBA and Pokemon cards. But i probably wont jump back into pokemon at the moment and will collect mainly NBA.
Since i haven't collected all my card shops i used to frequent are gone. Where in the sydney metro area is a good place to get NBA cards now. I think i might just get the panini select blaster box to start as i have heard to is better than the prizm this year. Hobby boxes are too expensive for me at the moment.

Welcome back in. Such a fun hobby with so many different ways to collect. If you haven't tried a break yet that could be an option too if you are after just a specific team.

Thanks guys, Ive never tried a break as it wasn't really a thing when i collected last hahahaha so i'm down to give it a go. Yeah im thinking of buying packs because i want the thrill of opening something and seeing what you get. But im also most likely going to be buying singles as well to get the players that i want.

Welcome!

@DGCollectables is in the Sydney area - mainly packs and boxes

https://www.dgcollectables.com.au/

@sjay2k is in QLD and has packs, boxes, singles etc

https://sjay2k.com/

If you want to browse HEAPS of single cards from USA I use COMC then you can either send back from them to Australia or use a middle man faster service like @ShipMyCards they are great and save money on sending individual cards back to AUS at the sellers rates which can get pricey!

www.comc.com

www.shipmycards.com

Have fun!

Matt

Hey Adrian,

Welcome back to the hobby. You'll find prices now are wayyyyyyyyy less than 1-3 years ago. They've really stabilised. It has been going through another transition stage of late with lots of Panini-Fanatics politics as the exclusive licences start to transition across.

Great hobby with a great future. Nice to see all new-comers and returners here, alike!

Shout out if you have questions / concerns!

Hey Adrian,

Welcome back to the hobby. You'll find prices now are wayyyyyyyyy less than 1-3 years ago. They've really stabilised. It has been going through another transition stage of late with lots of Panini-Fanatics politics as the exclusive licences start to transition across.

Great hobby with a great future. Nice to see all new-comers and returners here, alike!

Shout out if you have questions / concerns!
Thanks Matt,
Yeah it all came back into how fun it is to collect.
I’ve started buying singles and will be using comc for the first time soon. Also going to try my hand in breaks. Hopefully I don’t get the dud team that gets no cards in a break hahaha

Welcome mate.

Share your breaks with us in the Box Break forum!

All the best

Welcome back to the hobby mate. I'm in the same boat with ya... I used to collect and break boxes in my uni day but, family and other stuff took toll and I just stopped collecting.
Decided to return to the hobby during crazy pandemic after my boss told me that some of my collections would get good coins if I wanna sell at that time. I got hooked up again and slowly buying/selling/trading in this hobby.

BTW, who do you collect (NBA)? Have a great time on this forum, mate 👍

Thanks Matt,
Yeah it all came back into how fun it is to collect.
I’ve started buying singles and will be using comc for the first time soon. Also going to try my hand in breaks. Hopefully I don’t get the dud team that gets no cards in a break hahaha
Unfortunately, it's pretty easy to get no cards in some breaks - depends on the boxes being opened. To me, buying into a break is like buying a meal at a restaurant; enjoy it at the time, see it in the toilet (or on the credit card statement) in the next few days with just the memory to cherish 😂. Each to their own, of course!

I don't mind comc ... lots of stuff is over-priced and just sitting there. But great for lower-end and set collecting :)

Back
Top Bottom