1994 Dynamic

ozsportscardcollector

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Damien
Finally got one of these: album plus the Series 1, 2 and 3( masters).

I'll try not to get too longwinded here but until 2017 I only had two small phases of collecting: as a kid up until the age of 12 and then in 1994 when I walked into a newsagency in Perth and saw Rugby League cards for the first time ever. I bought tons of the stuff but was unable to fill the set and abandoned it eventually as I'd buy 4 packs and only get duplicates. As far as I'm aware S2 and S3 were never on sale here and if they were I'd already itched my collecting bug and was about to enter a 23 year hibernation period.

1994 Dynamic has a fair bit in it from a historical perspective. It's the last year of the NSWRL. It has Balmain, Wests, Norths, Illawarra and St.George as they were back then and it has a rookie card of one of the game's best ever players( Andrew Johns). The cards themselves, whilst on flimsy card stock, are great looking.

In short I love this set and I'm wrapped to finally have it.

IMG_6906.JPG

I'm sure all NRL followers know this set inside out( and there's probably already threads on this) but I'd like to show a few more pics.

IMG_6925.JPG

IMG_6927.JPG

IMG_6930.JPG

IMG_6933.JPG

IMG_6936.JPG

IMG_6938.JPG

IMG_6939.JPG

Last edited:
I am also a big fan of this set as it was the last year I really collected Rugby League.

Seems I am five cards short of the Series 1 set and have about half of Series 2.

I was especially stoked to pull a Brad MacKay autographed Gold card. At the time I couldn't figure out why my card had an autograph and the few other Gold cards we had didn't.

It was a great time to collect cards — they went everywhere with me wrapped in a rubber band. Being the best card, the MacKay was at the front of the pile and even endured a rep rugby practice in my pocket.

It is completely trashed but still hands down one of my favourite cards.

Didn't realise anyone was looking for a 94 album. I think I still have one or 2 spare as well as a lot of spare Dynamic base cards.

A lot of good players in that period. That year also introduced the Western Reds and Warriors logos, among others. Sadly, post superleague, the "NRL" remains ESRL, at least at the uppermost level.

Back
Top Bottom