Official ESP 2016 NRL Traders Thread (Sell Sheet Page 14)

No my bad, I was merging last years YGs with the 2014 Elite LS in my head (feels like a blur). + I had conveniently left Cameron Smith out of the equation. Still considerably less than the outlay for this release though.

Can anyone answer my question about Elite - even with a rumour? I'm sure I remember Matt? saying that there was only going to be two releases this year, and there sure is a lot packed into this one
I would say they are going out with a flopped bang BANG BANG.
I would say after the last release there will not be many people buying cases at the price there asking just to get 1 card.

they are all signed contracts with ESP.

No, ESP did a deal with SFX management to have their players sign cards.

See one of the issues I see with ESP being a manufacturer along with managing talent, is that some other agents may not want their clients to be involved in a rival companies product.

Might not be the sole factor, but I believe ESP are starting to find it hard to get players to sign for them. Explains why specific players have been featured in multiple releases.

Looking at this release on a comparative level to 15 Traders there certainly seems much more value for money.

A 15 Traders master set was 634 cards, 16 Traders is 703 cards if the base is 162 again. This includes the album cards and case cards so it is a significant increase.

The commons look okay and if they run club logos in the base set again it looks like these might also be silver parallels which is great.

They have obviously listened with the Faces of the Game set by placing the signature strip on the front. This would be an enjoyable set to put together as an IP hunter.

I liked the Puzzle cards last year and was hoping they would have them again as Croker was top points scorer, I didn't mind the season to remember but happy to see these shelved.

New theme with the club heroes is always good, thought the Cyber Heroes / Galactic Stars theme was getting a bit tired but this release is aimed toward kids also.

Retirements are a nice looking card, should be a few big names among this year. I also like a forward based insert set. Aside from quads last year the last time we had an insert set based on the 'piggies'was 07 Invincible with the Enforcer cards.

Good choice for Legends signatures, the SAS signatures look interesting so overall it looks to be a good release but as always we will just have to wait and see.

True but as the season goes on everyone gets more into their footy the want will build. Further to this with elite targeting the more 'serious' collector and the chance of more serial numbered cards there will be definitely be collectors keen

Who knows, attempt to trim back numbers in the set?

80 in the black parallel set, five per team. We saw Dugan on the sell sheet and Johnson on Instagram, both elite players for their respective clubs. Perhaps the black parallel set will have the top five from each club?

Who knows, attempt to trim back numbers in the set?

80 in the black parallel set, five per team. We saw Dugan on the sell sheet and Johnson on Instagram, both elite players for their respective clubs. Perhaps the black parallel set will have the top five from each club?

That's what I assumed. They might have listened about too many parallels and cut them down a bit in this way. Maybe the black ones will even have different pics?!

The parallels have very slight designs to the black parallels and commons. The top is different.

I really think one of the Dynamic Duo cards had to be Billy Slater & Cam Smith - now not the case, I think I might skip the Traders this year again and concentrate on chasing inserts from previous seasons.

I really think one of the Dynamic Duo cards had to be Billy Slater & Cam Smith - now not the case, I think I might skip the Traders this year again and concentrate on chasing inserts from previous seasons.
It's Roosters, Dragons and Rabbitohs and I believe that they are all forwards.

Back
Top Bottom