Official 2015-16 NBA Season Thread

Hard to believe that Klay barely got a mention in the game recap..scored 32, made a late 3 pointer to cut a 4 point deficit to one, made a and-1 in overtime to tie, made a driving layup followed by hustling back and knocking the ball away to set up the Iggy free throws to send game into overtime.

It's tough being Scottie Pippen sometimes.

It's tough being Scottie Pippen sometimes.
nzzlJo4So94uPhVeb7Wbw5QZi8urZYPcJ2c88ammvpbrKy45TiREl9ubcPiTcSzSl9NyquAoM2U6o1LNrp-HgkccPtW3d9M=w442-h332-nc

D'Angelo coming up huge today. 39 14/21 fg, 8/12 3pt, 6 reb, 3 assists and a steal but worst of all he got us the W.

Most 3's by a rookie in 6 years
Most points by a rookie in 5 years
Most points by a LA rookie regular season since Elgin Baylor way back in 1959.

D'Angelo coming up huge today. 39 14/21 fg, 8/12 3pt, 6 reb, 3 assists and a steal but worst of all he got us the W.

Most 3's by a rookie in 6 years
Most points by a rookie in 5 years
Most points by a LA rookie regular season since Elgin Baylor way back in 1959.

Most points by a laker rookie ever in a regular season game. Second only to Magic in the playoffs is the stat I read :)

Jeez. Rockets shoot 3-34 (8.8%!!!!!) on 3 point attempts in a victory, setting a nba record for making less than 4 shots in 30 or more attempts.

Thunder must have their confidence shot right now..a few consecutive tough losses with them being unable to execute in the fourth quarter. KD nearly a quadruple double tonight! In a not so good way though.. 9 turnovers..

Thunder must have their confidence shot right now..a few consecutive tough losses with them being unable to execute in the fourth quarter. KD nearly a quadruple double tonight! In a not so good way though.. 9 turnovers..

donovan looks to be a below average coach to me. not sure what's up with some of his rotations. plus some of his players are below average too and guys like kanter are putting up empty stats. really, he just is not that good.

donovan looks to be a below average coach to me. not sure what's up with some of his rotations. plus some of his players are below average too and guys like kanter are putting up empty stats. really, he just is not that good.
I think it's a bit early to make a call on Donovan. It's just this stretch of games that they've thrown away leads that has really been a downer for them. A lot of times, the Thunder end up losing because of turnovers and poor defense. KD and Russ have just not been particularly sharp in closing out games. Warriors had so many layups and dunks in the 4th of this game.

Throwback. Elton Brand makes his first appearance for the Sixers, and has already made a big impact in the game.

I think it's a bit early to make a call on Donovan. It's just this stretch of games that they've thrown away leads that has really been a downer for them. A lot of times, the Thunder end up losing because of turnovers and poor defense. KD and Russ have just not been particularly sharp in closing out games. Warriors had so many layups and dunks in the 4th of this game.

Will have to disagree massively with this one. OKC are 2nd to only Philly in losses this season after having a lead in the 4th. Wow.

I watched the Clips game and that had a coaches loss stench all over it. Now if we're saying the players aren't doing what he's asking, then who's in control of the team?

If the players are doing what he's asking, then there is something seriously wrong.

The most recent matchup with Dubs, Durant had 4 of the 5 Thunder turnovers in the fourth in a close game and they missed four shots from inside 4 feet. I would say that the players are the ones responsible for handling the ball and making bunnies. In their previous matchup in a game they should have won, Thunder were up 4 with 15 ticks to go. Durant made a critical turnover and then fouled Iggy for the game tying FTs, and the rest is history. Coach can't control what the players do when they throw the ball away or make an inadvertent foul.

The most recent matchup with Dubs, Durant had 4 of the 5 Thunder turnovers in the fourth in a close game and they missed four shots from inside 4 feet. I would say that the players are the ones responsible for handling the ball and making bunnies. In their previous matchup in a game they should have won, Thunder were up 4 with 15 ticks to go. Durant made a critical turnover and then fouled Iggy for the game tying FTs, and the rest is history. Coach can't control what the players do when they throw the ball away or make an inadvertent foul.

That was just one example. But I could go all day and I really like OKC, but something is seriously wrong.

That recent game vs GS Durant kept getting the ball near half court. Why is there no play run to get him the ball on the elbow so he can still use his dribble? It's awful basketball.

OKC have been horrible since the All Star break. People complained about Brooks but their offense has been worse. Have a look at the best teams that are championship level, they move the ball, they have a system and they get guys the ball in spots they prefer, OKC run almost no plays.

So like I said, either the coach doesn't have control of the team, or they're doing what he's asking and it's dreadful out there. Either way, there is something seriously wrong. Of course players need to take responsibility also, but how come I watch GS, LAC, SA, CLE and pretty much every other playoff team and they clearly know what they're doing out there? OKC run off the talent of Westbrook and KD. Hell they don't even set nearly enough screens for KD.

That most recent game vs GS was disgraceful, just one out BS. Their main play is the pick and roll from the top which they do run pretty well, but that is it. KD's turnovers was from stagnant offense mainly. He gets the ball way out and knows he needs to do something with it so just goes head down. It's sad to see.

And that chokejob in the other game with the awful TO by KD, you might wanna go back and look at the inbounds "play" they were running. It was off a GS timeout and quick layup by Klay. Just a shambles. Roberson went to inbound the ball, but Westbrook did so they only had 3 guys to pass to, KD gets it and is trapped, it's just clueless basketball.

I'm not one to usually blame the coach, but this team needs some help.

And it hurts me more because I had money on OKC vs the Clips and I had them +8 last game against GS, so I might be a little extra salty.

But I will say this, I won't be watching them for a while until they sort their sh*t out. I was just the other day talking about how they're a contender.

For sure, KD and Russ are the ones who drive their offense. Russ is slightly more efficient with his shot selections this year and has been good on pick and rolls with Adams and Kanter. The worst team to watch on offense is Houston and Harden. Just dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble..force shot up or pass when defence doubles.

Cleveland? Run plays? I don't know about that. Seems a lot of isolation ball for LeBron and Kyrie predominantly.

For sure, KD and Russ are the ones who drive their offense. Russ is slightly more efficient with his shot selections this year and has been good on pick and rolls with Adams and Kanter. The worst team to watch on offense is Houston and Harden. Just dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble..force shot up or pass when defence doubles.

Cleveland? Run plays? I don't know about that. Seems a lot of isolation ball for LeBron and Kyrie predominantly.

Yeah I can't stand HOU, never could in this Harden/howard era anyway.

CLE run more of a system of passing. It's nowhere near OKC levels, to me their problem is LeBron, who doesn't give 100% every night. When he's engaged they kill it, which is why come Finals time they'll be right there fighting for that ring.

Back
Top Bottom