Official 2015-16 NBA Season Thread

Great game today. The Lakers, now Spurs, have found the secret to s***ting down the Warriors, so I'm expecting at least three more Warriors losses for the remainder of the season now that he can be shut down.
Pop is a thinking man's coach. He can adapt in a 7 game series, and will know how to tweak the line up to get the best combination against whoever the Dubs have on the floor, like leaving Duncan out for most of tonight. It was Kerr's assistant that helped the Dubs win the Finals last year by inserting Iggy into the lineup, otherwise, they were in serious trouble. I thought they tried forcing it too much to Steph instead of getting the role players easy shots. I doubt Steph and Klay will continue to have such poor shooting performances. They had some good looks which just didn't go down, obviously, credit the Spurs for throwing them off all night but a great offense will beat a good defence.

Sure did, in fact, some dubious calls going against the Spurs helped keep the Dubs in it. Great defensive effort from the Spurs to really throw different bodies at Steph, double teaming, trapping and helping out on penetration. Paddy, Parker, Aldridge, Kawhi all had some time on him. And the Spurs just killed them on the boards too.

Putting Kawhi on Draymond was the biggest move IMO. Allows switching on PnR and takes away Currys easy 3s

Great game to watch though.

Funny when a heap of spurs fans were saying after the last game "but we didn't have Timmy". Yet he played 8 mins today! lol

To be fair, it wasn't a pretty game, more of a grind and playoff defensive type intensity with both teams shooting about 40%. The OKC-Dubs match that went to OT was the ducks nuts to watch though..best regular season game of the season IMO.

To be fair, it wasn't a pretty game, more of a grind and playoff defensive type intensity with both teams shooting about 40%. The OKC-Dubs match that went to OT was the ducks nuts to watch though..best regular season game of the season IMO.
It was good, but KD fouling out in OT ruined it for me.

I still think they should give an extra foul when OT is involved!

loving the warrior bandwagon fans saying that curry just had a bad night... he had a bad night because the spurs absolutely hounded him for 48 minutes

loving the warrior bandwagon fans saying that curry just had a bad night... he had a bad night because the spurs absolutely hounded him for 48 minutes
I don't think those are mutually exclusive sentiments. I thought it was a combination of both things; him having an off night but also Spurs throwing him off with their defensive sets. Remember last Finals when Delly was credited for shutting Steph down with his defence? Same deal, even with Delly playing as good a defence on him the next few games, he started making buckets at his usual rate. Yes credit is due to Delly for good defence and throwing him off but great players will figure a way to score and no matter what defence you throw at them, they'll exploit it. That's also on Kerr to prepare them the next time to react to the Spurs defence and score in a different way.

How pathetic were the Lakers today??? Haywood had a bad game for the Jazz but they still bound the Lakers by almost 50. Shelvin Mack and Trevor Booker both scored more than any Laker WTF?? lol I have no idea what the Lakers are doing this year. I understand Kobes farewell and tanking to keep the DP but they r horrible and i dont see why any free agent would want to come when they see games like todays. If i was Mich i would grab the broom and sweep out all the crap (Scott, Hibert, Kelly, Sacre etc) I know the seasons done by why wouldnt they even try something like waiving someone and bringing up someone like Vander Blue, Upshaw etc. Really doesnt my head in, i mean what do they have to lose??? They better have a clean out at seasons end starting with Scott. They have the worse defence i think ive ever seen and yet he is a defensive minded coach??? Why not change it up and start Bass or Black at center???

Shelvin Mack is at the Jazz??? I guess you learn something new every day lol

Rodney Hood had 39 points with 2 & a half mins left in the first half... Good hobby steal he is for those with his cards.

@ozguy3825 if the Lakers are pathetic, Memphis are on another level... Kawhi, Timmy Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu & David West all rested tonight, but the Spurs still blowout the Grizz.
I have a feeling Memphis will relocate back to Vancouver soon.

@ozguy3825 is the D'angelo and Young situation blown completely out of proportion? He isn't even admitting anything that shocking. He "talked" to a 19 year old, so what? He didn't do anything with Amber Rose, so what?

@ozguy3825 is the D'angelo and Young situation blown completely out of proportion? He isn't even admitting anything that shocking. He "talked" to a 19 year old, so what? He didn't do anything with Amber Rose, so what?
Yes and no. He has now lost the trust of his team mates which will hurt everyone. Just seems a bit sus that his gf/ex gf went thru his phone and snapchatted the vid. All in all atleast it happened at seasons end so it doesnt hurt the team to much and i think the Lakers will try and shop Young in the off season anyway. At the end of the day its LA so everything is a big deal especially when they arent winning.

Despite some attrocious calls in the 4th, Boston still managed to grind out a win in Oracle! Huge effort!!!
Hopefully now we can stop hearing about the "Home win streak" where they conveniently fail to include "regular season" in the headlines. lol

I still would like to see GSW tie the Bulls' record. I think that is a good compromise between beating a historically great record and highlighting just how good they have been this season!

There's some talk about Kawhi up there at being MVP if it wasn't for Steph having such a brilliant season..I'm not sure I know of any MVP that has never scored over 35 points in his career and I get that he's a defensive, two way kinda player but still.

Wow. Just wow. I really didn't think the Dubs would lose this one, looks like the Bulls record will stay safe if they can't even stay focused long enough to beat a 25 win team.

There's some talk about Kawhi up there at being MVP if it wasn't for Steph having such a brilliant season..I'm not sure I know of any MVP that has never scored over 35 points in his career and I get that he's a defensive, two way kinda player but still.

You might want to have another look at his stats and efficiency. Points are great but have a look at his percentages. It's remarkable actually. Plus we all know the leader of the best team is usually in the discussion. In another year Kawhi would be it. But Curry has been off the charts great and deserves it.

And one last thing, the MVP is voted by the media, and they love Curry and Kawhi. Mike Wilbon on PTI a little while ago had Dray Green as 3rd on the MVP ladder, above Chris Paul, it's just so subjective.

You might want to have another look at his stats and efficiency. Points are great but have a look at his percentages. It's remarkable actually. Plus we all know the leader of the best team is usually in the discussion. In another year Kawhi would be it. But Curry has been off the charts great and deserves it.

And one last thing, the MVP is voted by the media, and they love Curry and Kawhi. Mike Wilbon on PTI a little while ago had Dray Green as 3rd on the MVP ladder, above Chris Paul, it's just so subjective.
Nah, I get it about his efficiency and he is in a Spurs offense where there's multiple guys who could be the go-to-guy on any given night. He has raised his offensive skills to get closer to his defensive skills but my question was more, has there ever been a regular season MVP who has never scored more than 35 points at that point in their career? I just can't think of anyone who would fit that. I thought maybe Steve Nash as he was a pass first guard but even he scored more than that to that point in his career.

Back
Top Bottom