Official 2015-16 NBA Season Thread

Aaron Gordon got robbed so bad. This is the sickest dunk of all time in a dunk contest. Leap off TWO feet over the straight up mascot who is no midget by any means, behind the ANKLES (behind the back has been done but behind the ankles?!), finishing with his LEFT hand with force...and I love his reaction, like wind it back, wind it back.
images
Agreed

Two trades ahead of the deadline this morning.

Orlando send Tobias Harris to Detroit for Ersan Ilyasova and Brandon Jennings

Three team trade:
Charlotte acquire Courtney Lee
Memphis acquire PJ Hairston + Chris Andersen + 2 second round picks
Miami acquire Brian Roberts

OK...
Markieff Morris --> Washington
Kris Humphries, Dejuan Blair --> Phoenix

Kick Hinrich --> Atlanta
2nd Round Pick --> Chicago

Jeff Green --> Clippers
Lance Stephenson, 1st Round Pick --> Grizz

Randy Foye --> Oklahoma
D.J. Augustin --> Denver

Donatas Motiejunas, Marcus Thornton --> Detroit
Joel Anthony, 2016 First Round Pick --> Houston

And the big one...

Channing Frye --> Cleveland :sick::sick:
Anderson Varejao --> Orlando

I don't care what's being said on ESPN, Channing Frye is not a player who NBA teams should consider.

Surprised that Dwight & BG32 didn't end up being traded, but it seems like Blake is staying put now. As for Dwight... Well I dunno.

What do you guys think of the trade deadline today?

Channing Frye --> Cleveland :sick::sick:
Anderson Varejao --> Orlando

I don't care what's being said on ESPN, Channing Frye is not a player who NBA teams should consider.

What do you guys think of the trade deadline today?

I think you missed the big part of that deal....My boy JFlight is on his way to Orlando and is set to if not already has been waived :(

Here we go again

Ah damn, got the Magic trade wrong.

Cavs get Frye
Magic get a draft pick from Blazers
Varejao in Rip City

I think that's how it goes...

I must say I'm peed that Varejao was traded for IMO a player that pretty much serves in the NBA as a role player. I don't see him doing well in the NBA at the Cavs unfortunately, I reckon he'll be out at season's end.

Ah damn, got the Magic trade wrong.

Cavs get Frye
Magic get a draft pick from Blazers and Cunningham from the Cavs
Varejao in Rip City

I think that's how it goes...

I must say I'm peed that Varejao was traded for IMO a player that pretty much serves in the NBA as a role player. I don't see him doing well in the NBA at the Cavs unfortunately, I reckon he'll be out at season's end.

Fixed for accuracy! :thumbsup:

Amazing game at OKC! Dubs manage to cut down the lead to 1 with under 30 seconds to play but Durant with the dagger 3 to push it up to 4 again.

which begs the question. Is Steph Curry more unguardable than MJ,Kobe or LBJ in their primes? We all know how good those other 3 guys are but with Curry playing 10 feet+ behind the line??
Tough to compare, MJ had more versatility in that he could post, shoot the fadeaway, drive and finish with his height and vertical leap. Curry is straight up the best shooter and dribbler amongst those guys if you are going to make a comparison in those aspects. LBJ is just a freak of nature, can drive hard to the rim and finish with either hand under control, while taking contact but his real strength lies in his all around game, passing and rebounding. Curry is fearless though, I've said it time and time again, but in regards to creating off the dribble and getting into a shot from anywhere, he's the best I've ever witnessed at finishing those off balance shots off the dribble. A lot of these shooters are one dimensional, they'll pop off a screen, catch and shoot. Crowd them and force them to take a dribble and they're off their rhythm and can't make a basket. Curry? Damn. He hoists up more "bad" shots in a game, than Lance Stephenson does in a month but makes most of them.

Tough to compare, MJ had more versatility in that he could post, shoot the fadeaway, drive and finish with his height and vertical leap. Curry is straight up the best shooter and dribbler amongst those guys if you are going to make a comparison in those aspects. LBJ is just a freak of nature, can drive hard to the rim and finish with either hand under control, while taking contact but his real strength lies in his all around game, passing and rebounding. Curry is fearless though, I've said it time and time again, but in regards to creating off the dribble and getting into a shot from anywhere, he's the best I've ever witnessed at finishing those off balance shots off the dribble. A lot of these shooters are one dimensional, they'll pop off a screen, catch and shoot. Crowd them and force them to take a dribble and they're off their rhythm and can't make a basket. Curry? Damn. He hoists up more "bad" shots in a game, than Lance Stephenson does in a month but makes most of them.
But are they bad shots? For most player they would be but if u make as many of them as he does they are becoming just normal shots. The thing with curry is u have to play him hard anywhere in the front court and its just you defending him. PLayers like MJ, LBJ and Kobe you can funnel them to the teeth of the D. That extra distance Curry has to hurt u from is just killer. I'm a major Kobe and MJ fan but Steph is just crazy. That shooting and those handles = pretty damn close to unguardable.

But are they bad shots? For most player they would be but if u make as many of them as he does they are becoming just normal shots. The thing with curry is u have to play him hard anywhere in the front court and its just you defending him. PLayers like MJ, LBJ and Kobe you can funnel them to the teeth of the D. That extra distance Curry has to hurt u from is just killer. I'm a major Kobe and MJ fan but Steph is just crazy. That shooting and those handles = pretty damn close to unguardable.
Exactly, they are "bad" shots for just about everyone except Steph because he makes most of them. You can live with someone shooting 30 footers because their percentage goes down, but Steph knocks those down like a normal shot. He's completely redefining the game, that's for sure.

every other player in history gets immediately benched for taking shots like curry's. they are textbook low % shots but curry has such a quick release that it doesnt even matter.

that last shot was insane, watch the okc bench, kanter is heartbroken as soon as he got it off.

Hard to believe that Klay barely got a mention in the game recap..scored 32, made a late 3 pointer to cut a 4 point deficit to one, made a and-1 in overtime to tie, made a driving layup followed by hustling back and knocking the ball away to set up the Iggy free throws to send game into overtime.

Back
Top Bottom