NRL Rumour Mill Thread (Spoilers/Game Results)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that is the case with Barba I stand corrected, hadn't heard that.

Always disappointed that Milford left the Raiders, he will be a superstar for sure. I can't fault him though, he gave 100% to Canberra last year despite knowing he was off to Brisbane, really decent kid.

The expectation on the poor kid is huge already.

I imagine that the Courier Mail are similair to the DT in their one sided and sensationalistic approach to sports reporting, nay journalism in general!

I think there have been 3 or 4 decent sized articles on him already and he only became a Bronco on 1 November.

He certainly has the talent and mind set but the toughest things (aside from the expectation that he will ensure Brisbane are a top 4 team in his first season) for him IMO will be that he has no decent minder on the inside like a Tonie Carroll and at the moment the Broncos don't seem to have much size up front. The latter may change though, still months of recruitment ahead.

I think Milford will do well sniffing around off Corey Parker offloads in the middle of the park and he is lucky to have a good hooker and halfback to help him organise, something he didn't have at Canberra until Cornish started at 7 in the last few games.

Anyways devastated to have lost him but wish him all the best, seems to be a great kid. At least I will get to cheer him on for QLD and Australia in the future!

Basically Bennett told Kennedy, Hala, Barba, Hoffman they weren't part of the clubs plans for the future and they were advised to seek out opportunities elsewhere. As for front row stock, they've signed Mitch Garbutt from Storm and James Gavet from Tigers and have a few of their younger guys like Joe Ofahengaue & Francis Molo training with the first graders.

As for FNF. When Lachlan Murdoch owns half the team, who else is going to play on Friday nights?

What's up in Welington? And why aren't they at the footy tonight?

Edit: I take it back. Filled up in a blink.

Last edited:
Love playing against a side that only has to get back 7-8 metres. Our halves have barely managed to get a fifth tackle kick away all half.

Ref and he was a pom.

Was a great game, no need for complaining!

Real good to watch, marty taupau legit changed the game, bloke played like a weapon. Johnson whare, kenny dowall and bromwich were all strong too, no brain explosions from manu either

Our 5th tackle options were horrendus, cronk and inglis had shockers, ben hunt deserved more of a go, the bloke scores every game he plays in!

Is it just me or has dylan walker really failed to impress in this series, i just expected him to kill it and hes done nothing and been weak defensively

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom