NBA 2K15

How's everyone finding 2K15?

I'm still plodding my way through MyCAREER, playing the odd MyGM games here and there.

As per usual, I've got a few MyPlayers on the go. My usual 6'7" PG (so far, he's my fave), a 6'11" C, a 6'9" SF, and the last two (yeah there's 5 in total!) are another C (whom I'm literally just playing out the first 10-day contract TRYING to get dropped (for a PSN Trophy award) and also I have a 6'8" SG, who I havent decided if I want to keep instead of the SF, or what.

Basically, when I'm sorted, I'll only have my PG, C and the wingman SG or SF - who'll possibly be deleted at another date anyways, LOL. How's that for a bucket load of confusion!!!

Here's one of my recent games with my PG.
I started out really shitty, 2 or 3 TOs against Tony Parker (I kept trying a crossover, and kept dropping the ball on his toes), and I almost quit the game, but when I chased TP down on a break and smashed his layup, the block got me excited. 3 blocks later in the 1st quarter still, I thought, I wonder how many I could get... HOPING for 5 (I thought there was a Milestone, but nope), I ended up with 11.... WTF!!!

10011948_10205007434763142_4113444211402155673_o.jpg

Narrowly missed the rare Quad-Double, I was jumping around the lounge room TRYING to get that final dime, but do you think the bastards would connect! Ha ha. The 17 rebounds were incredible, I totally didnt even realise I had that many until I posted it on Facey, and saw the statline.

Also, don't forget the companion apps on your phones/tablets, you can collect daily VC bonuses, and also play MyGM for further VC bonuses. - I just collected 1,500VC for my daily bonus!

And if anyone knows any Locker Codes, be sure to share them!

There's one right now, I think it's for 500VC, "Mystery".

It's pretty good for the most part. After getting a decent face scan (finally!) , in My Career I've got my point guard up to about an 80 rating overall. I still find turnovers are frustrating although they are better than last year when players would run out of bounds after you've passed to them. Shooting is tough too, I'm only averaging 42% from the field. I find team mates aren't aggressive enough and pass up open jumpers quite often.

Still trying to think of a good team to run with in MyCareer. There's no way I'm running with the Lakers (even though I go for them)

What difficulty level do you guys play on? I play on Superstar but with custom sliders I found on the forums at www.operationsports.com (not available in my career) so I'm getting realistic scores.

I just play on the default setting(s) for MyCareer, figured when I'm rated a lot higher than 69-70 like I am at the moment, I'll crank it up a notch.

There's so many PSN Trophies to collect in this game, so many DIFFERENT ones too, like they feature across all modes of the game. Could be here a while, lol.

So I finally finished my VERY first season as a MyPlayer! Seriously, I've been playing this game for years, and not ONCE had I actually played through an entire season as a MyPlayer!
Granted, it was the shortened season that we're dealt with in NBA 2K15, but it's still an achievement for myself.

Technically, it's not the first time, but it's the first time I've not skipped games or simmed, etc. and playing on 12min quarters.

So I managed to sign on with the Mavs (oh YES!!!), and funnily enough, it was with the roster prior to the Mavs trading for Rondo, so this one he wasnt there! Even better!!

Averaging a 3D for my first 3 games with the Mavs, (yep, playing on Pro), I did up it to All-Star, but for some reason, my team mates got worse, and we got housed by the Rockets, and given I want this team to be successful, I've gone back to Pro.

Sad thing about signing with the Mavs, even though they offered me the best deal (they were actually 5th on the list as team interest levels - but I told them how much I liked them), is I didnt get a Max Deal, so I have to keep working for that damn Trophy "How Much Ya Got". - I'm reading that it's best to sign a 1yr deal as your first real deal, and then the next season go big. That wasnt a choice for me. Maybe I might get it on my 2nd MyPlayer file - the VC I earn with this player here, goes towards my other player, lol. Hoping to be at 80 overall by the time I reach the end of the season with him.

Also, does anyone here play on PS4, and play in MyPark? Got some mates on my list, and we're looking at running more frequent games on there, it's a tonne of fun!!!

I'm actually finding 2k15 MyPlayer to be far more difficult than previous years. I got it for Christmas and am about 50 games into the season (I always do 82 game seasons and usually play about 3-4 years before I get bored and have done so since the first addition of it in 2k11).

I ended up on the Wolves roster before they traded me (assume to get wiggins more playing time, I'm a SF!) to the Lakers. Jeremy Lin is costing me multiple games and we're struggling with a 22-28 record. I've never not made playoffs in any version of the game so this will be interesting to see how it plays out as I can't get a win on the road.

WOW, were you actually traded away, instead of asking for a trade? Don't think I've seen that one before!

What player have you got? My guy is a 6'7" PG (bit tall - but great a SG!!). I cheese it up massively for MyCareer, but try to play reasonable in MyGM mode.

Yep I was actually traded! First time I've seen that also!

Basically the trade was me + mo Williams for Carlos Boozer. So essentially I was chump change in the deal :lol:

I'm a 6'9 SF averaging 15.7 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 7.2 apg, 1.0 spg & 1.5 bpg. I'm currently leading ROY but can't win games when no one plays defense (literally), I get torched by the 3PT shot and have no height in the post. Lin also likes to randomly throw the ball no where near anyone and it goes straight out of bounds :mad:

I've fallen just short of a triple double on 9 occasions, missing by either 1 rebound or 1 assist. So frustrating.

When you say leading ROY, is that in the running for ROY, or just the best rookie according to stats?
I was leading league in PPG, and right there with rebs and dimes, but as a rookie we can't win any awards in 2K15 due to games played restrictions (we come in half way through the season, and aren't eligible for awards).

Nice stats though, playing any position NOT PG, it's hard to rack a decent ppg average, as it's hard to "demand" the ball at times.

I had a 6'9" SF going, but deleted him a while back. I love my PG, but playing MyPark, I need someone with some height, hence me making the PF above.

My 2k14 MyPlayer was probably the best one I've made since 2k12 (there's been a few!) I was in my second season and was putting up 27 / 4 rbs / 9 ast a game and 50% shooting from deep. So I'm obviously having a hard time adjusting to this one, where I averaged only 8ppg in my first good chunk of games!

First few games take a while to get going, you still need to establish yourself among your team and coach.
Obey the coach's objectives too, he'll appreciate you more, and give you more time.

been playing 2k15 for a month or so.
great game.
although starting to play less and less as i have been getting frustrated with my teammates they constantly miss from close range after i pass them the ball, after i get double teamed.

instead of getting 8+ Assists per game im only getting 3-5 due to the constant missing.

other then that really enjoying 2k15 MyCareer and MyGM are defiantly the modes i enjoy the most.

been playing 2k15 for a month or so.
great game.
although starting to play less and less as i have been getting frustrated with my teammates they constantly miss from close range after i pass them the ball, after i get double teamed.

instead of getting 8+ Assists per game im only getting 3-5 due to the constant missing.

other then that really enjoying 2k15 MyCareer and MyGM are defiantly the modes i enjoy the most.

I feel your pain mate, I really do!

What setting of difficulty have you got it on? I've noticed the harder the setting, the more "real" it becomes for people hitting shots, unless you're controlled by the CPU (which is always your opponent!)
I jumped up to All-Star, and my team mates couldnt hit JACK! Knocked it back to Pro and I'm all good again.

Whilst it's a (lot) bit over the top, I've got season averages of 34.02ppg, 11.59rpg, 7.98apg, 2.65spg & 2.26bpg, shooting 44% from downtown, and we're 4-3 to start the season, playing 12min quarters.

Of those 7 games, only once I failed to get a triple double (8asts), with my last game going for 44pts, 15rebs, 13asts, 1stl & 2blks for 938 VC.

I've no interest in making it harder, or "real", just trying to smash out as much as possible. I'll probably even drop to Rookie to try for some milestones. My highest scoring output was 80pts, wouldnt mind going for Wilt's record of 100. LOL

I'm trying to rack as many VC as possible to improve my 2nd MyCareer player.

I've pretty much written off this season. I'm gonna need a 10 game win streak to get back to 0.500 and I'm at the all star break. 22-32 right now. So I'm just going all out for stats now. Told the GM (Mitch Kupchack lol) to stop giving Jeremy Lin minutes and that I don't like losing. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll get a super star player to join me and kobe. Lol

Anyone unlocking a lot of Badges for their MyPlayers, or trying to?
Badges are special abilities, or perks I suppose you could say, that can be upgraded from Bronze to Silver then Gold. Badges require you to do certain things in order to unlock them (like running fast breaks, throwing passes, hitting shots, etc).

I was reading yesterday on ways to unlock these said Badges, and one particular one, "Dead Eye" got my interest. Read that it requires you to "make 100 well-contested jumpers from 15 feet or further out in single season". Beauty, let's do this!!

So.... I loaded up MyCareer, turned down the difficulty settings to Rookie, and absolutely BLASTED the Jazz in my next game. I lit them up for 117pts, 22rebs, 11asts, 5stls & 3blks (still only earned a pissy 623 VC).

The most amusing thing about this game, was the commentators were not the least bit interested in my breaking an NBA record!!! The game's change a bit too, in that they used to give you VC bonuses for breaking Team or NBA records but that must not be the case now.

But, yeah getting back to that "Dead Eye" badge... I was WAY too excited about playing on Rookie and getting the easy shots to fall for an easy unlocking of a new Badge, that I forgot to read more about the specifics of unlocking the Badge, specifically the part where it says it's "more difficult to earn this on easier difficulties". DOH!!!

I worked out too, that to get the Trophy for completing a full attribute category (say shooting, or play making) the quickest will cost me around 18,000 VC, but yet it's only going to bump me 2 more overall ratings... odd.

I loaded it up last night and actually managed to get a win! Back to 7 games under 0.500

Destroyed the second seed Blazers and filled the stat sheet with 29 points, 7 & 7 while adding 2 steals and 2 blocks and 0.78 FG% - if that's what it makes for me to get a win then there's something wrong with my team mates! Haha

I loaded it up last night and actually managed to get a win! Back to 7 games under 0.500

Destroyed the second seed Blazers and filled the stat sheet with 29 points, 7 & 7 while adding 2 steals and 2 blocks and 0.78 FG% - if that's what it makes for me to get a win then there's something wrong with my team mates! Haha

Nice work!

If you don't like your team mates or the team, any time you're asked questions, just put yourself first, and then bolt at the end of the season! That's what I did to the Kings. Cousins was a muppet and Gay was hit and miss with his game.

Back
Top Bottom