nba 2k11 - my player

im a SG, with 'slasher' style, so my lay-up and SIT are very high, lay-up is 82 atm, ive been working on my shooting thru drills.

close - 74
mid - 81
3pt - 36 (im not going to bother with 3pt til later..)

so its dribble drives or pull up/spot up.

Any of you guys got any tips?
I'm a 6-11 PF playing about 24 minutes a game for New York. Lately I've been sitting on a steady B and averaging about 13 points, 8 boards, 2 assists, 1 block. But I was hoping to get a billboard or an endorsement. Any ideas haha?

im a SG, with 'slasher' style, so my lay-up and SIT are very high, lay-up is 82 atm, ive been working on my shooting thru drills.

close - 74
mid - 81
3pt - 36 (im not going to bother with 3pt til later..)

so its dribble drives or pull up/spot up.

Ah yeah. I'm 50 close, 76 Mid and 79 3pt :D

No idea on difficulty to skill point ratio...I would think it'd have an effect no? Otherwise you could play rookie and average 100ppg...

Hi guys I just got 2k11 on Ps2 today loving playing as Jordan. Just wondering (noob question) how do i get drafted or play as my player? :lol: Have never played 2k before. Ps I have created my player his a 6'7 SG from Kentucky.

WOW!!! I'm pumped right now! Just did my own MJ Shrug game just about! It's half time, against the Heat, I've been in at SF most of the game against LBJ, and I hit 6/9 from downtown for 22 points in the 1st half and an 11 point Kings lead! :lol: Sure Bron also dominated a fair amount down the other end, I think 13 points, but I did block him once :D

Hi guys I just got 2k11 on Ps2 today loving playing as Jordan. Just wondering (noob question) how do i get drafted or play as my player? :lol: Have never played 2k before. Ps I have created my player his a 6'7 SG from Kentucky.

I don't think you can do 'my player' mode on ps2. Sorry bud :s.

Poor Jack :( :lol:

Just got owned by Stoudimire and injured for 3 games, tried my new found dunking abilities on the big fella and he smoked me :lol:

lol.. cant beleive the price diffrence between consoles tho..! $90 for ps3/xbox . $49 for pc and only $27 for ps2.. lol.. crazy.. my player is awesome atm.. but keep losing to nuggets!

lol poor ps2 owners.. its like one of the best things about the game

---------- Post added 16-10-2010 at 09:14 PM ----------

so sick of my coach getting fired.. been like over 15 times now.. getting annoyin.. and we won like 10 games straight

This is stupid, I made my guy specifically to drive to the rim and to dunk the ball yet every time I drive and contact is made it's classed as a bad shot. I'm on a fast break 1 on 1 drive for the lay-up contact is made IT'S A BAD SHOT! I'm on another fast break this time 2 on 1 my way, I alley-oop to my teammate he dunks from it and IT'S A BAD PASS!!! WTF!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Also I was subbed back in in one game and I accidentally pressed the 'A' button (360) and when I did it said 'Excessively Calling For Pass' WTF! I pressed 'A' once by accident!!! :fist: :fist:

This is stupid, I made my guy specifically to drive to the rim and to dunk the ball yet every time I drive and contact is made it's classed as a bad shot. I'm on a fast break 1 on 1 drive for the lay-up contact is made IT'S A BAD SHOT! I'm on another fast break this time 2 on 1 my way, I alley-oop to my teammate he dunks from it and IT'S A BAD PASS!!! WTF!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Also I was subbed back in in one game and I accidentally pressed the 'A' button (360) and when I did it said 'Excessively Calling For Pass' WTF! I pressed 'A' once by accident!!! :fist: :fist:

lol your not the only one... its doing my head in.. ive thrown my ps3 controller a few times already.. the frustrations of 2k11

yeh very frustrating at times. my pet hate is all the turnovers i rack up because i dont pass the ball to the player i actually wanted to pass it to, like im trying to get it to bosh in the key, instead i throw it over his head towards Wade way on the other side and it gets intercepted inbetween.....annoying.

good news is i finally cracked miamis starting line up at PG! which means im playing alot less of my minutes at SG which is fantastic.

hows this for funny, Chalmers has been bumped back to D League! i take most of the PG minutes, wade chips in a few, then its arroyo. and occasionally House and beverley.

I also hate it when I'm doing crossovers and then as I'm dunking or laying it up it says 'Holding The Ball To Long'! :mad:

It used to do this to me but now its accepted i hold the ball to assist or the occasional dunk and doesn't hit me with them or maybe im just used to the time im holding the ball and doing what i have to do within the time limit without realising :confused:

Shaun said:
yeh very frustrating at times. my pet hate is all the turnovers i rack up because i dont pass the ball to the player i actually wanted to pass it to, like im trying to get it to bosh in the key, instead i throw it over his head towards Wade way on the other side and it gets intercepted inbetween.....annoying.

good news is i finally cracked miamis starting line up at PG! which means im playing alot less of my minutes at SG which is fantastic.

hows this for funny, Chalmers has been bumped back to D League! i take most of the PG minutes, wade chips in a few, then its arroyo. and occasionally House and beverley.

lol the passes that don't go where you want them are possibly the worst thing i have encountered on 2k11, my controller was about a second away from flying out my 2nd floor window! :lol:

With my team Wade starts PG, me in SG and Chalmers only comes on on rare occasions. How good is it playing with Bron/Wade and Bosh, some of the ally oop's i've thrown from half court have been impressive :D

It used to do this to me but now its accepted i hold the ball to assist or the occasional dunk and doesn't hit me with them or maybe im just used to the time im holding the ball and doing what i have to do within the time limit without realising :confused:

lol the passes that don't go where you want them are possibly the worst thing i have encountered on 2k11, my controller was about a second away from flying out my 2nd floor window! :lol:

With my team Wade starts PG, me in SG and Chalmers only comes on on rare occasions. How good is it playing with Bron/Wade and Bosh, some of the ally oop's i've thrown from half court have been impressive :D

I've had to throw an inbound pass, I go pass it to the player about 1m away in front of me and my guy throws it full court and turns it over!

I got drafted to the Pistons. :( But I don't think they'll want me after the Summer League. :p

---------- Post added 16-10-2010 at 10:26 PM ----------

I also hate I when I have an open 3pt shot and I miss and it says 'Bad Shot Selection'. Like wtf I was open!

Back
Top Bottom