LeBron vs Melo = Nuggets @ Cavs today.

kidd05

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Carlos
eBay User
cahl0s05
Interesting article from game preview @ yahoo.

I'm backing the Cavs on this one... would be close but homecourt is a big advantage.

--------------------------------------------

Game Info: 8:00 pm EST Thu Dec 15, 2005
TV: TNT Add to Calendar
Buy Tickets

Unlike the Cleveland Cavaliers, the Denver Nuggets haven't been wasting the big efforts of their rising superstar.
Coming off the highest-scoring game of his career, Carmelo Anthony leads the Nuggets into Cleveland to take on fellow third-year star LeBron James and the Cavaliers.

Anthony and James were much-heralded teen rookies during the 2003-04 season, and have staged a back-and-forth battle for bragging rights over the previous two seasons.

James took home Rookie of the Year honors in that first season, but has yet to make the playoffs, while Anthony has helped lead the Nuggets to consecutive postseason berths after a nine-year absence.

In four career head-to-head meetings, James has averaged 19.5 points per game to Anthony's 17, but Denver has been victorious in three of those four games.

ADVERTISEMENT

This season, James is third in the league with 30.7 points per game, compared to 22.9 by Anthony.

However, Cleveland can't seem to capitalize with James pouring it on of late while Denver is taking full advantage of Anthony's best performances.

Anthony scored 40 points for the second time in three games Tuesday, putting up a career-high 42 in Denver's 101-85 win over the Charlotte Bobcats. With Michael Jordan in attendance, the former Syracuse standout connected on 13 of 18 field goals and went 15-for-18 from the free-throw line.

Anthony has 105 points in Denver's last three games.

"I didn't even know I had it," Anthony said. "I felt good out there, getting some open shots, some easy shots. You know, 13-for-18, I'll take that every night."

Denver is 2-0 this season when Anthony scores 40 points, and is 4-0 when he reaches 30.

Cleveland won five of its first six games this season when James scored 30, but has lost six of its last seven when he has reached that plateau.

James, who scored an NBA season-high 52 points in a 111-106 loss Saturday to the Milwaukee Bucks, was again electrifying in a losing effort Tuesday with 39 points on 13-of-23 shooting in a 100-94 home loss to the Atlanta Hawks.

The All-Star forward, who turns 21 on Dec. 30, has scored 36.2 points over the last six games, but the Cavs are 1-5 during that span.

Saturday's loss dropped Cleveland to 0-2 when James scores 50.

"We're in a funk," said James. "We have to find a way to tighten the screws."

24-19 Cavs
00.0 End of 1st Quarter
:00.0 DEN - Offensive rebound
:00.0 DEN - C. Anthony misses a 66-foot three-pointer from beyond midcourt
:00.9 CLE - L. James makes a 25-foot three-pointer from the left wing

Round 1: LeBron James.

Back
Top Bottom