Hi

jimbo2193

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Jim
eBay User
dimival-13
I love going back in time and reading all the old threads. Amazing reads. PMGs we’re still all the rage even then :)

I started collecting in 93 as a 12 yo, stopped in 95-96 as other interests took over, got back on around 2011 and stopped to save for a unit and returned late 2020 as Covid was reeking havoc and stopped to save for a house. Now in back in again!

I do have a favourite card and it is the KG 1995 finest rookie that I pulled 20+ years ago along with a Jordan mystery finest borderless in the same pack.

Oh nice! Did you peel it and has it had any greening? It’s so weird how some of those have greened and some haven’t!

Oh nice! Did you peel it and has it had any greening? It’s so weird how some of those have greened and some haven’t!
1682329246884.jpeg

Didn’t realise the 95’s had a greening issue. I was too scared to peel it 😂

The finest mystery you had no choice because it could of been a refractor and it had a black peel.

Suuuuuuuuurely as a SuperSonics fan you have a sneaky sweet Shawn Kemp (or two) laying around…??? 😉
I actually don’t, only have the skybox and hoops rookies. In 1995 the biggest kemp cards would have been the US electric gold, gold sig collectors choice as well as the platinum and stadium club first day issues? plus finest refractors. 5 bucks an hour at maccas wasnt gunna get those. When I got back into collecting T-Mac was my fav.

Yeah and the 96-97 and 97-98 Topps Chrome does too - it’s weird - I picked up a KG graded copy with no greening yet , has coating. It’s seems like just luck overall - the mix of chemicals on the back of the coating or even in the front surface of the card could determine if it greens or not.

I actually don’t, only have the skybox and hoops rookies. In 1995 the biggest kemp cards would have been the US electric gold, gold sig collectors choice as well as the platinum and stadium club first day issues? plus finest refractors. 5 bucks an hour at maccas wasnt gunna get those. When I got back into collecting T-Mac was my fav.
Haha - yeah good point. An absolute plethora of choices now…

Back
Top Bottom