Future of the hobby

Zion should make people cautious. It's much better imo to wait a bit and pay more rather than let fomo take over. I can't see any player generating Zion level hype ever again. And the reason for that is overprinting. The kid could be a generational talent but if he has 60 million rookie cards only the very best of those cards will hold value - and a few of those cards will get backdoored to the good ole boys and the public has zero chance at hitting them.

Bedard in NHL will be similar. He is being compared to McDavid but the print run for Bedard's Young Guns card will be at least 7X McDavid's. Probably higher.

Again, I'd be really cautious not to get caught up in fomo. Influencers would love it but what they love is almost never a good thing for the consumer.

For me this is Zion buy time for my PC. I've bought every Zion card I own (6 or 7) in the last 12 months, just because prices have returned to the same world that I'm in. I love watching him play, and the guy is a highlight reel every time he's on the court. But the hobby has moved on, and A LOT of people have been smashed buying Zion cards for straight up silly money, that everyone else can now pick up at huge discounts.

For example, not long ago I picked up this Zion here for a little over 10% of what this exact card sold for just shy of a year earlier. Which was over $5k USD. Someone in the chain of ownership here got destroyed with that one :crazy:

8146972e-4ba1-456c-ae56-55ee30d5a39e.jpg.png

Back
Top Bottom