Future Force 2016

My ideal Future Force 2016

All back ends to remain the same

AFL Draft Redemptions (36); 1:18 packs

An inset like this to become the box search insert. Similar to draft redemption from last year but this time two per first grade AFL club according to the top two eventual draftees for such club irrespective of top numbers for league in general. #IN /200 - all players signatures to appear in gold stamping - refer to higher hits for real hand signed lol.

FF Ruby Signatures /80; 1:54 packs

Red signatures back again but this year somewhat different - #in /80 as opposed to 200 and to appear at a higher hit being 1:3 boxes instead on one in every box. Also for the first time, signers to graph in RED ink!

FF Sapphire Signatures /40; 1:162 packs

This year the parallel signatures at /40 to be replaced by blue ink not to mention the implied foil pannels/components to be all blue also - therefore forming a sapphire concept.

FF Emerald Signatures (5) @/200; 1:324 packs
(via Top pick redemption)

Green signatures to still take place but to replace the draft redemption slot from last year. This year only the first five picks (refer to the 1:box hit for others) and although 200 per design, still harder to find that the sapphire and ruby variants making them known as the Emerald signatures. Implied by green foil thus green ink signed.

2016ff-left.png
2016ff-right.png

So I am assuming there is not going to be an extra-high-end variant on the signature concept for this incoming release? If that's the case, I'd be kind of glad about that - why? because then you don't have to go to the trouble saving $200-300 for one card or purchase 8 boxes and still no /40 siggie. Besides, even if you do acquire a /40 signature card, it's important to remember such players may not necessarily make it as a gun in league-football and therefore you could be spending a heap of money on cards that may never gain value. Yes I know FF should be all about the rarity however are there any FF collectors whom undertake a collection of this kind for that such purpose?

ps. Future Force is an ideal starting point in commencing as Individual Player PC - simply because you know that all cards/information are going to be current from there on in and will have very little if not no difficulty searching for cards from the past if you continue to obtain depictions of chosen player as they are from a latest card release of its kind. Am I right to presume this is generally the main reason collectors (in particular to this forum) attract to FF (apart from the cheap box) rather than for the reasons Wangie would like us to? lol

Yes card player may do nothing and lose value. May also become a bontempelli and sky rocket. That's the appeal of teamcoach mate. But honestly who collects cards to make money? As much better forms of investment!! We do it for the hobby and enjoyment it gives us

Plus who doesn't love buying a sig and watching the draft hoping he goes to your club. Made the draft a lot more interesting

Yes card player may do nothing and lose value. May also become a bontempelli and sky rocket. That's the appeal of teamcoach mate. But honestly who collects cards to make money? As much better forms of investment!! We do it for the hobby and enjoyment it gives us
Yes you are spot on there mate. I completely agree - I do it for the enjoyment of course - I guess my point being in other words eBay and a website like this one have indeed changed to dynamics of card collecting - it's not like the pre-20th century (from my recalculation as a kid at least at times) where the name of the game was to try and acquire every card of its kind whilst the latest editon then become king-of-the-kids. Nowadays there are so many options it can all come down to a matter of deciding to become the collector to identify the person as you - for no competitive purpose and this can mean a team-set collector an IP collector and this list goes on.

I had a Bontempelli gold signature from 2013 and traded it almost straight away. Ah, hindsight :cry:

Yeah same mate but don't worry the hype will die down. Chad Wingard cards were huge for a while, then ollie wines and then Jake Stringer lol but yes hindsight is a magical thing

Yeah same mate but don't worry the hype will die down. Chad Wingard cards were huge for a while, then ollie wines and then Jake Stringer lol but yes hindsight is a magical thing
I just checked eBay: a gold Bont signature sold for $900 last month :eek:

Looks like a pretty good release. Interesting they have got rid of the two different pen colours for signatures and instead just changed the foil colour.

Back
Top Bottom