Coronavirus (COVID-19) info and stories

F24E73EB-682C-47FA-BA23-80528C54F952.jpeg

With cases going NUTS in nsw and Victoria it might be time to revisit this and see how everyone is going
Haven't really shared it with anyone but I am now one of the recovered stats..... Tested positive at the start of December. (before it became the hip thing to do!)

My son got it from his school. Passed it to younger brother. Wife and I, whilst we felt it was inevitable, tested positive on day 6 test! None of us overly sick thankfully, no underlying health conditions etc.
Boys (6&8) bounced back quickly. Wife and I took a little longer and I was worse than wife (man-flu maybe!).

The only thing that I can pin on my symptoms being worse/longer was that my wife was much better at resting than me and I continued to try and work remotely. So my advice is to just get as much rest as possible.

Everyone fine a 4-6 weeks down the track. Since we tested positive early (or at least when Vic had low numbers) there was still a lot of stigma around it, I think related to some of the fear that had been developed, I think that will have changed with so many cases now.

It was amazing the way people stepped up when we were in isolation (again we were an anomoly though). If you're supporting friends/family going through isolation my advice - it was amazing to simply get a take away coffee delivered, you don't realise what a privilege a coffee is until you can't go and get one. Lots of people delivered sweets and while it was lovely you also felt bad not eating as it all came too much and especially at a time when you were being pretty lazy anyway! So consider dropping in meals/fruit etc rather than sweets!

That was way more than I expected to write! Happy to answer questions too

Haven't really shared it with anyone but I am now one of the recovered stats..... Tested positive at the start of December. (before it became the hip thing to do!)

My son got it from his school. Passed it to younger brother. Wife and I, whilst we felt it was inevitable, tested positive on day 6 test! None of us overly sick thankfully, no underlying health conditions etc.
Boys (6&8) bounced back quickly. Wife and I took a little longer and I was worse than wife (man-flu maybe!).

The only thing that I can pin on my symptoms being worse/longer was that my wife was much better at resting than me and I continued to try and work remotely. So my advice is to just get as much rest as possible.

Everyone fine a 4-6 weeks down the track. Since we tested positive early (or at least when Vic had low numbers) there was still a lot of stigma around it, I think related to some of the fear that had been developed, I think that will have changed with so many cases now.

It was amazing the way people stepped up when we were in isolation (again we were an anomoly though). If you're supporting friends/family going through isolation my advice - it was amazing to simply get a take away coffee delivered, you don't realise what a privilege a coffee is until you can't go and get one. Lots of people delivered sweets and while it was lovely you also felt bad not eating as it all came too much and especially at a time when you were being pretty lazy anyway! So consider dropping in meals/fruit etc rather than sweets!

That was way more than I expected to write! Happy to answer questions too

good to hear you and the fam are doing ok now mate.

I have had a couple of isolations so far and having someone just drop off a bag of groceries or some lollies has definitely been appreciated that’s for sure!

im waiting now for the vax for my youngest, 8 yrs, he’s been a bit nervous with everything going on and while there’s a lot of fear and propaganda around which has made it a tough time for kids especially , I have to believe its a lot to do with how much we (scientists) still don’t know and the rapicky changing nature of the virus.

I think his second dose would be after the start of the school year so I’m thinking of keeping him off until done. They have already suggested the start of the year might be delayed in QLD but if it’s not that way in NSW also I just might have to make the executive decision myself to keep off a couple extra weeks given the info from overseas around youngest children.

I heard that if you put orange juice or coke on it instead of saliva it will also turn positive.

My wife had to do a Rapid Test the other day and we must have got the advanced option that has the blue UV light to view the result.

Like High School science all over again.

Have no idea what the test result with the Blue UV Light was but need to wash my sports socks sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
I have been in iso since Tuesday as my house mate was positive... just as I was getting used to being in the free world again

ive got another kid and myself who hasnt had it yet - this could drag out for a Long time!! Haha - imagine a positive result of the next person on every 5th or 6th day! Farrrr out

My wife had to do a Rapid Test the other day and we must have got the advanced option that has the blue UV light to view the result.

Like High School science all over again.

Have no idea what the test result with the Blue UV Light was but need to wash my sports socks sooner rather than later.

I reckon the April 1st prize should go to a random post in this thread.

I reckon the April 1st prize should go to a random post in this thread.

Well I can now add to this list.....wife and 2 kids tested positive this morning.......me negative.

Kids have no symptoms and the wife has very mild symptoms.

Fun week ahead!

Given that the 3 others were positive, I thought I should join in the fun.

Wife originally tested as she was feeling slightly off and had an itchy throat and her work (pre school) asks them to test before they come in once a week and she was working today.

Yeah fair call. I keep hearing stories of people with little to no symptoms testing positive, and only finding out from testing because of a requirement for work/travel. Otherwise they'd have no idea.

Yeah fair call. I keep hearing stories of people with little to no symptoms testing positive, and only finding out from testing because of a requirement for work/travel. Otherwise they'd have no idea.

100% agree..... honestly the kids don't even have any symptoms at all and if we hadn't HAD to test them after the wife's positive you wouldn't have known they were positive at all...... so many people are probably walking around with it and have no idea?

My kids had sore throats and voice changed,to really deep sounding voices, weird as.

first positive had 3 negative RAT’s same day as a positive PCR. Had to test as they had 14 kids in class positive on the Friday

Back
Top Bottom