COMC submissions

A couple recent Raider pickups to the COMC mailbox...

A nice bulk lot I picked up off BO. Tyler Wilson auto (will probably try and sell this on COMC); a couple Taiwan jones autos, Jim Otto, Howie Long and Ted Hendricks autos and a couple others...

Another low numbered Willie Brown (#d/10)...

And another DJ Hayden auto...

Couple of BP pick ups for the PC, the redemption is from a box break of 2012 Prominence unfortunately have got 2 of these already so when this gets redeemed it will probably be for sale on COMC, and a NT BP jersey auto.

COMC56.jpg

COMC55.jpg

A couple recent additions...

My one and only (and probably will remain my only!) Russell auto. I thought I needed at least one auto for the PC to remind me it can always be worse... :oops:

A Rod Streater #d/25 I couldn't resist for how cheap I got it...

I am not normally a big fan of autographed letter cards because the autos never look the best. But trying to find a Rod Woodson auto in a Raiders uniform is pretty tough and I got this for a pretty good price...

And finally a non-Raider :eek:. I had an email from ebay reminding me to pay for my item... only I honestly do not even remember bidding on this and not sure why I even would! I figured I would just pay up rather than risk getting a "non-paying" on my account and try and sell it through COMC.

Got my package today from a 6 box Contender break with Bighurt35. Got the the Ravens inserts - Flacco MVP, Touchdown Tandems and 2 Marlon Brown autos, also nabbed a Vincent Brown Supreme jersey and a bit of tradebait too.

COMC57.jpg

A couple more from last couple days:

My first (and will probably stay as the only one!) Conner Vernon auto:

And from a Contenders Case break @ Nastybreaks and a random box mixer got me the Chrome & Prizm:

Also, did anyone else get the email about COMC Mailbox changes? New charges at $1 card (so double the cost) with these being processed in 1-3 days. I may have to limit limit the inbox items.

Also, did anyone else get the email about COMC Mailbox changes? New charges at $1 card (so double the cost) with these being processed in 1-3 days. I may have to limit limit the inbox items.
The email stated that this was happening as of 1st Feb, but I got another email to say the most recent card I received is being processed in 1-3 days? My last monthly order shipped last week so this is the first card I've received since then. So not only have the handling fees been doubled but they aren't holding anything for more than a few days, so up goes our postage charges.

The email stated that this was happening as of 1st Feb, but I got another email to say the most recent card I received is being processed in 1-3 days? My last monthly order shipped last week so this is the first card I've received since then. So not only have the handling fees been doubled but they aren't holding anything for more than a few days, so up goes our postage charges.

Yeah my email said Feb 1st also. I only just got the email today and have not had an arrival since so will keep you updated.

The postal charges shouldn't have gone up. Once the cards have been processed you can keep them sitting in your Inventory for as long as you want before shipping like previous. You don't have to ship your orders each time they are processed. I normally keep them in my inventory and group up a 2-3 months worth before shipping over here.

I queried it with my last when I got my last submission email and got the following reply -

Hi Neil,

Thanks for your email; we made an announcement in our blog, that we're streamlining our processing services, and we've made some modifications to the mailbox:

http://blog.comc.com/2014/01/07/simplified-processing-services/

In regards to the mailbox:

"We will process all Mailbox submissions through our Premium service. We appreciate all of the new users who have tried this service during its testing phase. Now that we have data about how the service is used, we have discovered that it is extremely time consuming to open all of the packages, so we can only afford to offer this service at the price point of our Premium service.

You may continue to have items sent to “COMC Mailbox C/O [your account name]” and we will process them in 1-3 days and add them into your account for $1/card with no minimum. Items will frequently be scanned in toploaders, and these items will be subject to an extra $0.20 shipping charge.

When the remaining legacy mailboxes are opened, we will process the items at $0.50/item, and we will waive the $5 minimum."

I know it says February 1st on the blog, but they've already started processing mailboxes with the new system.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

yours

Moe Smith

COMC Social Media/Customer Service
[email protected]
Office Hours 8am-5pm Mon-Fri

Then you read the blog and it says there is a premium and basic setup, the basic appears to be the same but just takes longer to show in your inventory:confused:

Then you read the blog and it says there is a premium and basic setup, the basic appears to be the same but just takes longer to show in your inventory:confused:

Yeah I saw that. I am assuming that is only for people sending into their accounts to put into COMC. Not sure what the difference is though. If they can do the processing for $0.25 why can't it happen for the Mailbox service?!? :confused:

Sucks they announce it as being Feb 1st and then change it straight afterwards! I only got the email about the changes today... :eek:

Yeah my email said Feb 1st also. I only just got the email today and have not had an arrival since so will keep you updated.

The postal charges shouldn't have gone up. Once the cards have been processed you can keep them sitting in your Inventory for as long as you want before shipping like previous. You don't have to ship your orders each time they are processed. I normally keep them in my inventory and group up a 2-3 months worth before shipping over here.

Right you are, I just noticed in the bottom right corner of the "Dashboard" they have a processing status box, with all the items currently in the mailbox and each items' individual status. So when they're done, they advise that items need attention, but we can sit on them until we want to ship. I was assuming that they wanted to ship everything as soon as they were processed. :confused:
This is much better actually - we can keep track of every card that way, despite the bump in processing fees.

But it will get more expensive, so could be time to cut down purchases.
Or maybe not??? :whistle:

It will get more expensive for the processing, doubling the cost. I guess though this still in a lot of cases will be cheaper than the international shipping chargers a lot of sellers have.

COMC need some competition, they are just taking the piss now..... 20c to keep it in the toploader arrived in? they are just figuring the max they can charge us and they are damn well charging it.... This is now not officially viable for anything but PC cards and maybe the odd mid-high end for flipping if you get a great deal on it.....

Yeah the $0.20 charge to keep the card in the toploader it arrived in is pretty crap. It seems a little backwards to me! Honestly, I would not even care if they didn't both scanning the cards. I don't see why they can't keep the charge at $0.50 with just the photo of the delivery, and then charging another $0.50 if we request to have a scan and have it listed on COMC properly to sell etc.

The service they provide to Australia for instance, is exemplary. The sheer volume of mail and individual cards they process must be incredible, and they haven't missed a beat with any of my stuff. They probably figure that we will either cop the increases or go elsewhere (or at least stop using their service). Either way they win, they pick up the extra processing fees at the risk of losing some business, and I don't think they'd be too worried about that.
From my point of view, I buy PC cards that are either not available to OS buyers or for which the postage is ridiculously over the top. So I might cut back a bit but I'll keep using them.

I will keep using them, but will have to limit how often I think. At first glance $0.50 a card doesn't seem like a lot extra, but normally my monthly shipments have been costing me $20-$30 so double that every month and it could be an extra $200-$300 a year which is a few very nice PC cards!! :eek:

I should probably cut back a bit anyway... :oops:

Will no doubt keep using it, albeit probably not as much but we'll see on that one. In the meantime a few more puppies came through today.

2013 Vincent Brown Playbook auto & 2011 Totally Certified Patch Auto
2013 Magic John Simon Auto
2012 Playbook Courtney Upshaw Auto
2013 Strata Manti Te'o Jersey
2012 Score Ladarius Green Auto
2012 Limited Antonio gates Jersey

COMC60.jpg
COMC61.jpg
COMC62.jpg
COMC63.jpg
COMC64.jpg

Last edited: