COMC package

ozsportscardcollector

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Damien
Got these today with a few more coming. I finally worked out( only took 12 months) that if you split your order up, you can get them sent for $10-$15. Thinking I couldn't get my cards off their site for less than $250USD was driving me crazy.

It's all hockey and other than Jack Hughes which I might grade most of the rest is for my sets. I'm trying to put together the master sets for 2018-19 S1 and S2, 2019-20, 2020-21 and 2021-22. Young Guns cards, the inserts, and Canvas cards including Young Guns. I've abandoned the idea of doing the OPC Update cards because getting them off epack is expensive - thanks to comc who charge 25 cents postage per card. I've got 900 cards on epack which I would like to liberate. The postage costs will far exceed the value of the cards which sucks.

IMG_2485.JPG

Last edited:
I got back into sportscards in 2017. It was just AFL then. I never thought about American sports until early 2018 when I started buying wax of all 4 major sports.

In mid 2020 I discovered epack( Upper Deck's digital website) and the rest is history. I liked it straight away. Instant action. I've always enjoyed the sport of hockey in real life but only really got into it fully hobby wise in late 2020 because the prices of wax went stupid for the other sports and opening wax is still the most enjoyable part of the hobby for me.

Some people reckon epack is just for degenerate gamblers and that's probably partially true but you can trade with others on there and that is a plus if you want to build sets. Fanatics would be crazy not to have something like epack when they take over.

Last edited:
Cheers. And another package rolled up today. These came directly from epack although comc are the ones that ship it. It was 190 cards which I declared at $100 and it cost me $50USD postage - unlike the $10 they charged me for the last lot because most of those cards were purchased on comc.

It's a scam by comc imo but what can you do? If I transfer the cards to my comc account and then shipped them as I did with a few of yesterday's lot I still get charged $0.25 per card wich is both brutal and basically why I was charged $50USD postage for this lot. Anyway, I'll put that out of my mind and just enjoy the cards.

Bit bummed about the Raymond Canvas YG as it's not gradeable. Usually they grade very well the canvas cards. The Raymond base YG looks pretty clean however so that might get graded - if I decide to do another one.

IMG_2498.JPG

Last edited:
And after never owning a Jack Hughes YG I now have two of them ( courtesy of trades on epack) and they both look the goods condition wise.

Kicking myself for not backing the New Jersey Devils @46-1 before the season. They are now 22-1 and are looking good - as does Jack Hughes.

Betting on the Stanley Cup outcome is one of my favourite pastimes😀

Interesting to hear the back stories on people getting back into collecting or collecting mostly overseas based sports :thumbsup:
I still buy at least one box of AFL and NRL each year but I don't put the sets together. NRL and AFL are my favourite sports in real life but when it comes to sportscards I've gravitated towards the American sports. Maybe because it's bigger and there's more variety. I've never really given it much thought to be honest.

One downer after inspecting the cards more closely was that the Dylan Cozens YG had a very badly dinged top corner. It's essentially worthless as you can't sell the card in that condition. It's a $15USD card so it's not the end of the world but it still sucks. It dredged up another couple of bad experiences with them.

The worst one I got from them was a raw Juan Soto 2018 Update US300 card for which I paid $65USD (oops) in 2020 and the whole top edge looked like it had been bent over the toploader. And there's little point contacting them about it.

These are the same folks who dumped $23USD store credit in my account after I sent them back a 400 card order that was meant for the Phillipines. I used my own money( $40AUD) to send the cards back and I had to hound them for months to get reimbursed. I did the righty and was left out of pocket because of it. Store credit is 10% less than real cash and they used some tight wad conversion rate to boot.

I'm not a massive fan of comc....

Back
Top Bottom