Boony

howzat

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Well I am a great fan of the Tasmanian and already have a few of his signed cards... Won another one from the bay tonight and am getting ready to send him another TTM request for some more, so I thought I would start a thread dedicated to Mr David Boon :D - That way I can post any new arrivals here!

Boony, along with Allan Border, were two of the main blokes involved in aiding in the resurgence of Aussie cricket greatness in the 80's/early 90's. He helped to build a grit, determination and team spirit, that became cemented in Aussie cricketing culture and paved the way for the dominating australian cricket teams we have enjoyed watching for well over a decade now!

I am also after his Futera 94/95 sig card even if it is #/1000...

I am also after any other handsigned boony cards that anyone else may have that I dont - so PM me if you can help :)

CLASHES FOR THE ASHES (TTM)
DavidBoonSigned86.jpg

88/89 SCANLENS (TTM)
DavidBoon88Signed.jpg

93/94 FUTERA (EBAY UK)
DavidBoonSignedFutera.jpg

EARLY 80'S KANGA (EBAY UK)
DavidBoonSigned85Kanga.jpg

90/91 SCANLENS (TTM)
RSDavidBoonSigned.jpg

90/91 SCANLENS (TTM)
RSDavidBoonSigned2.jpg

89/90 SCANLENS (TTM)
OBDavidBoonSigned.jpg

89/90 SCANLENS (TTM)
OBDavidBoonSigned2.jpg

89/90 SCANLENS (TTM)
OBDavidBoonSigned3.jpg

Thanks For Looking :v:

Boony, along with Allan Border, were two of the main blokes involved in aiding in the resurgence of Aussie cricket greatness in the 80's/early 90's. He helped to build a grit, determination and team spirit, that became cemented in Aussie cricketing culture and paved the way for the dominating australian cricket teams we have enjoyed watching for well over a decade now!

Here here! All hail the 5ft Tasmanian in flared pants!!

Gday Liam.

Here are a couple that might wet the appetite mate.

LMK if you need any
Cheers
Damian

Ironic thing is Damian I just bought another full set of elite cards a few days ago, so that I can use them for TTM's, other wise I would have loved them...

Do you have any others at all? Thanks for the reply :v:

Interested in this one though...

boony-crop.jpg

Thanks for all the comments:v: Glad other people appreciate them as well :D

Well I got my Boony from the bay today and I love it!

Receiving this card reminds me of how good the Ashes Elite set was, the dual action shots on the front, gold lettering, the thickness of the card stock... Outstanding set! (Just imagine if they had of produced a sig series with the box set! drools!)

Anyway here it is :)

DavidBoonEliteSig.jpg

Yeh saw that too! this set ranks as one of the finest produced, a signed set (go for it Liam) would be a princely set!
Love your work!!

Yeh saw that too! this set ranks as one of the finest produced, a signed set (go for it Liam) would be a princely set!
Love your work!!

Thanks Dan! I would need a second set before I would start sending them off for TTM's... Plus I already have too many other things on the go, guess I don't know the meaning of one thing at a time! :p

Haha Nice One Ron!

Here's one I picked up yesterday... Boony looking proud as punch with the keys to his brand spanking new, babypoo brown 88 skyline :lol: after winning 1987/88 International Cricketer of The Year....

Boony-crop.jpg

Thanks for all the comments :v: Should hopefully have some more sick ones on their way back from tassy soon!

loving those mate, awesome collection you got....that 94/95 signature series is elusive even if it is to 1000!

Yeah it's crazy how hard it is to come across considering the large production number, and even when it does pop up I will be battling you and, no doubt many others for it :lol: Guess that's the fun of this hobby :D

Yeah it's crazy how hard it is to come across considering the large production number, and even when it does pop up I will be battling you and, no doubt many others for it :lol: Guess that's the fun of this hobby :D

mate i think you'll get it before me, concentrate solely on the pippens, only check for those every now and then....let me know when you get it though cos ill keep an eye out after you got yours...i missed on at xmas last year, the chick wanted $110 for it i think it was, way to high as i got tugga for 112

Well I got a few more additions to the Boony PC today...

Some elite cards and a few inserts and he even chucked in a signed penny sleeve :lol:

Enjoy :v:

Boony WC Tribute.jpg

Boony Elite SP.jpg

Boony Elite Century Makers.jpg

Boony Elite ODW.jpg

Boony Elite Team Leaders.jpg

Boony Elite Test.jpg

Boony Elite Partners.jpg

Boony Signed Sleeve.jpg

Wow what a bloke! Top Stuff Liam you are building a formidable legacy to the keg on legs

Agreed mate! I am blown away by how good he has been, I sent him another 7 and he signed them all and sent them back all within a week from Tassy! We have had a few emails back and forth so I think he knows I am a genuine collector. I offered him a money order donation to Tassy cricket and he blew it off as being totally unnecessary!

Top cricketer and just a top bloke all round!

Back
Top Bottom