Black Friday Sales

Yeah, if they lower the threshold and the dollar conversion rate keeps falling and shipping costs keep going up like they are on Ebay, it's going to make it really hard to actually enjoy this hobby ...

I remember when I used to order video games from Play Asia when the dollar was US60-75c. Heaven help me if we end up back there. (even though the games still worked out cheaper than retail).

Btw, still no shipping confirmation.

I remember when I used to order video games from Play Asia when the dollar was US60-75c. Heaven help me if we end up back there. (even though the games still worked out cheaper than retail).

Btw, still no shipping confirmation.

That dollar just keeps going the wrong way too...down again today....

Same here on the shipping, nothing yet....they might have all taken a couple of days off to recover after the weekend!

They tweeted that they were working 24/7 to get order out the door asap, apparently they hit 10,000 orders over the weekend. Even the guys that run the group breaks have put them on hold to chip in.

Though I thought they'd have taken Sunday off.

Still a lot of stuff available on the website too ! Some that sold out pretty quick over the weekend....would have been nice to know there'd be more released...wonder how many people have paid extra shipping when they probably didn't really have too ?? Think they need to revisit that a bit...

I was looking at Prizm over the weekend, down to $54.95 a box but sold out pretty quick, then Black Friday became Cyber Monday and it was on again. Still 19% left, but I mustn't weaken. :cry:
Probably better if I just don't keep checking the site. :crazy:

Still no shipping confirmation, so i shot them an email. Only other time I've had a delay like this is when an order was missed and i followed up 3 days later.

Said they would give me $10 credit too, but that never happened.

Sent an email to my guy at D & A just to see how my order was going and to make sure it hadn't been missed or was already on it's way or something. All is good, just sounds like they're still struggling to get through the back log...

Yeah I got a similar response, they'd only started shipping Monday orders on Wednesday continuing into Thursday.

Anyway, got the shipping confirmation this morning, so it'll turn up Tuesday.

I think they pretty much created this monster themselves by the way they did the sale....I wonder what the average number of actual orders placed per customers is ? I'm betting nearly every customer has a bunch of small orders, so that 10,000 orders is probably only for 2,000 customers or less!

I think they pretty much created this monster themselves by the way they did the sale....I wonder what the average number of actual orders placed per customers is ? I'm betting nearly every customer has a bunch of small orders, so that 10,000 orders is probably only for 2,000 customers or less!

I would say you are bang on. Wasn't a smart business move for both themselves and their customers.

Entirely possible with the yanks getting free shipping.

Me, shipping starts at $68US so I waited it out till Sunday. Only missed out on 13/14 Prime Hockey but that's still a risky product and they only took $20 off, so wasn't too bothered.

Back
Top Bottom