Black Friday Sales

I stayed out as well. I'm runnin' scared from the "Boss" atm.
My Paypal's copped a hiding these last few months. Been buying NFL, NRL & GOT and got a little outta control. Just a little.
But off to the States in January so it'll be open slather, no holds barred, on like DK etc, etc. :D

Yeah I was tempted on Premier, but I've been mostly looking for multi pack stuff to break at Christmas and Premier is still a big money "pack", though it is good value at that price. Tempted by NOW! as well, but the last couple I got were a bit disappointing...

My first lot is on it's way as well - set for delivery tomorrow I think, just hope it gets through okay...going to be hard having all these boxes sitting around for 3 + weeks !! Just did a tally of how many boxes are actually coming....and the result is - I must be nuts!!

I caved, bit the bullet and got me a box of Premier... :oops:

I caved, bit the bullet and got me a box of Premier... :oops:

Yeah, you're not the lone ranger there, sometimes it'd just too hard to resist pressing that add to cart button...

Can't really go wrong at that price though. Good luck with it and hope you pull something awesome... how about a nice Lady Sif multi panel or something ;)

Taking an age to process my order. Don't think it'll be turning up this week :(

Got the order confirmation straight away late Sunday/early Monday. Got the processing email 12:30am last night. Still waiting on the shipping email...

Last edited:
Taking an age to process my order. Don't think it'll be turning up this week :(

Got the order confirmation straight away late Sunday/early Monday. Got the processing email 12:30am last night. Still waiting on the shipping email...

Got my confirmation of my orders being combined overnight, no notification of shipping as yet, but the shipping one quite often doesn't come until after lunch our time...if it does come through today, it'll probably get here Friday.

Think my first parcel will be delivered today by the looks...

Yeah, you're not the lone ranger there, sometimes it'd just too hard to resist pressing that add to cart button...

Can't really go wrong at that price though. Good luck with it and hope you pull something awesome... how about a nice Lady Sif multi panel or something ;)

A nice Sif would be awesome! But I would settle for a nice Iceman also.

Got my confirmation of my orders being combined overnight, no notification of shipping as yet, but the shipping one quite often doesn't come until after lunch our time...if it does come through today, it'll probably get here Friday.

Yeah looks like my first parcel will be delivered today also.

How do you get your orders combined?

Every time I ask them about it before Black Friday I basically get told its not possible.

Hope it turns up Friday but delivery to Cairns adds another day (and $40)

I just put a note to the guy who does my orders in the comments and sent him an email asking him to please combine with order number #### and he canceled all the small orders and combined them into two by the looks. Otherwise I would have paid $48 shipping on each order and I think I placed about 8 separate orders at different times over the weekend...

How dangerous would it be for us card junkies to live in the US where they get free shipping on so much stuff - and don't have to worry about conversion rates??

And I just got a call saying some parcels arrived today...woohoo ! Gonna be hard waiting until Xmas to open them though! :(

Got my first delivery today! :kick:

I wish I had waited and joined mine all together and I may have saved some $$$ on delivery fees instead of having 3 different deliveries!

I don't get it either, because they had a notice saying nothing was shipping until after the weekend, yet they seemed to have packages going out the door around the clock.

Yeah, I didn't think they were going to ship anything until sometime this week, but a heap of stuff looks like it went out Saturday...

Just for the record, also got my parcel from Steel City today...all present and accounted for and well packed, so that's another option should anyone want to try it. They were a bit more expensive on the shipping though...

One thing I just thought about, if DA have combined the orders, would you get stung with import fees? I know when ordering for me I have to be very careful with the value of the order (generally up to around $200 excluding freight) otherwise I have to pay import fees which would work out more expensive than staging the purchases a couple days apart and paying the extra shipping charges each time.

One thing I just thought about, if DA have combined the orders, would you get stung with import fees? I know when ordering for me I have to be very careful with the value of the order (generally up to around $200 excluding freight) otherwise I have to pay import fees which would work out more expensive than staging the purchases a couple days apart and paying the extra shipping charges each time.

The GST/Import fee limit is $1000 here....something that retailers are screaming at the Government to have lowered and I'm sure they will some day... but currently if the invoice value is below that, it should come through okay...

The GST/Import fee limit is $1000 here....something that retailers are screaming at the Government to have lowered and I'm sure they will some day... but currently if the invoice value is below that, it should come through okay...

That's a lot better than here. When I purchased 5 boxes of Women of Marvel late last year I had to pay import taxes that ended up around an extra $35/box!! So I have to be very careful about having any order that is too high $$ wise

That's a lot better than here. When I purchased 5 boxes of Women of Marvel late last year I had to pay import taxes that ended up around an extra $35/box!! So I have to be very careful about having any order that is too high $$ wise

Yeah, if they lower the threshold and the dollar conversion rate keeps falling and shipping costs keep going up like they are on Ebay, it's going to make it really hard to actually enjoy this hobby ...

Back
Top Bottom