Best intentions.

West Oz Cards

WOC Group Breaks
Real Name
Ben
eBay User
West_Oz_Cards
Some of you are already privvy to the problems I've had with a sale to Saudi Arabia.

I sent a card registered without tracking when I said I would send with tracking.
I did this because the post office were trying to charge me $83 for tracking.

The package arrived at its intended destination in exactly 14 days. (from sydney)

Unfortunately, the Flawless Lillard had sustained a massive amount of damage in transit. Pretty unfathomable how it even could happen inside a one-touch. I know they're not made of steel, but still.. try and bust one in your hand. Not easy.

Now the buyer is claiming I sent it in an poor quality envelope which I never did.
It was sent in a one-touch in a good quality bubble mailer.

Considering the look of the damage I'm not sure any bubble mailer could have offered enough protection!
More than likely I will pay for the damage caused (possibly) in transit.

I'm more leaning towards the fact that the buyer has shown inclination to someone with 'buyers remorse' in the early stages of dispute and possibly knowing that if the card turned up the only way to not have to pay for it was to damage it.? we will never know.

You can read all about it here if you like; http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/...85-question-about-international-shipping.html

I'm really devestated over this.

Obviously the question of tracking has flown out the window..

Now its a question of can you trust Korea/Saudi post services.. or do we need to ship stuff there in a steel case from now on?

Looks as though a bowling ball was thrown on top of the parcel... this really does suck though, somehow I hope it works out for you! What about the condition of the Pau Gasol patch though? Surely that must have sustained some damage too? :rolleyes:

Man, what a horror story. Every time I start thinking about selling some hockey cards internationally, this sort of stuff puts me right off. :sick:

Couple of things:

- It's times like these I wonder if courier services are a better option. Never looked into it, so I don't know the cost. AusPost just seem to change the goalposts every few weeks. I swear only a couple of months ago you could have a regular bubble mailer sent express and they just put a sticker on it. But when I tried to post something express to WA a few weeks ago, she wanted to stick it in a prepaid paper envelope. :blink:

- the one touch is f*****g obliterated, that's not just some unfortunate damage from the rough and tumble of international post, that thing has had an anvil dropped on it (or the guy has smacked it with a hammer :cautious:)

- if he's so offended by your packaging, why not post a pic of that too? First thing I do when an ebayer sends me something in a PWE is take a photo of it before I open it.

- if he's so offended by your packaging, why not post a pic of that too? First thing I do when an ebayer sends me something in a PWE is take a photo of it before I open it.

Yeah, you'd definately notice damage to the outside of a package if that could happen to the insides of it!

As you could probably guess I'm over the whole thing. I'll most likely never send anything internationally again. Atleast not to asia or the middle east.

Honsetly the packaging was sound, if not more protected as 1/3 of it was covered in sticky tape with the address label.

What an insane read on blowout. Surely the package was severely damaged before he opened it. It looks more like someone had a severe dummy spit over the whole situation because it really does look like it has been hit with a hammer. If it was damaged that badly in the post then the parcel surely was destroyed to some degree.

Good luck with it all

that's f'ed up.... hope its sorted out...

I wont send internationally unless they pay for tracking and reg and insurance.... they don't want to pay I don't sell it to them... and yes our postal service is damn expensive.
I received a card today from Panini, one touch in a bubble mailer inside a box..... box was damaged but the mailer and card were untouched.... maybe that's the way to improve safety against damage.

I can't believe the damage, especially in a one touch. I'm going to bring one to work with a blank in it and put it in our press and see how many pounds of force it takes to break it.

Definately doesn't look like any possible transit damage, and without any untainted pictures of the packaging there will never be any way of knowing.

Man how does that happen to a onetouch? Ask him for pictures of the packaging. He might have pulled that on purpose just to get his money back.

Interesting read Ben. I personally feel for you, out of pocket $600 and down a nice card. Almost $1200 + postage all together. I personally don't ship in one touches because of potential damage. I have been to a mail center and seen the bubble mailers go through the sorting machines, they do get squashed and A LOT of pressure put on them. A toploader with thick cardboard taped on it actually takes the pressure much better. Seen it with my own eyes.

The whole process has been a bloody nightmare!

I think you could have done better with the sending process, but you don't owe it to him. It is none of his business how you send it, but it means that it is your responsibility up until it arrives safely!
He has not exactly been polite and reasonable anywhere that I have seen! Enough for me to not want to deal with him!

Interesting read Ben. I personally feel for you, out of pocket $600 and down a nice card. Almost $1200 + postage all together. I personally don't ship in one touches because of potential damage. I have been to a mail center and seen the bubble mailers go through the sorting machines, they do get squashed and A LOT of pressure put on them. A toploader with thick cardboard taped on it actually takes the pressure much better. Seen it with my own eyes.

You need a new calculator Norm!

He is only out $600 plus postage! You can't include the $600 cash as that was payment for the card, so the refund makes the $$ break even, meaning he is just left with a damaged card! ;)

The whole process has been a bloody nightmare!

I think you could have done better with the sending process, but you don't owe it to him. It is none of his business how you send it, but it means that it is your responsibility up until it arrives safely!
He has not exactly been polite and reasonable anywhere that I have seen! Enough for me to not want to deal with him!

You need a new calculator Norm!

He is only out $600 plus postage! You can't include the $600 cash as that was payment for the card, so the refund makes the $$ break even, meaning he is just left with a damaged card! ;)

True my old calculator is solar dependent and looks like it's about to rain here....

Well that's why they ask you if it's letter or parcel at the PO. If it's letter it shouldn't matter if it goes through those machines, parcels get hand sorted.

I'm fine with envelopes going through a roller, bubble mailers should be hand sorted or a better process. Surely something better could be done. Not that I have any clue about the inner workings of a postal centre/volume etc, just seems like there could be.

I'm fine with envelopes going through a roller, bubble mailers should be hand sorted or a better process. Surely something better could be done. Not that I have any clue about the inner workings of a postal centre/volume etc, just seems like there could be.

It is what it is unfortunately, as much as I agree with you. The option is there to send parcel if you don't like it I guess. You take chances with sending it as paper mail even in a bubble mailer.

Back
Top Bottom