2020 Select Brilliance

There might be a fourth round if they can catch out the people double/triple dipping. If you miss out at 9pm and you have bought plenty of cards from select website, might be worth a shot sending them an email if they got any boxes left over.
Website says they are going to audit purchases, and will re-release stock tomorrow bought by anyone that violated the rules

Fingers crossed there will be some more available tomorrow for those who missed out

Phew. Got lucky third time. Hope everyone else who also missed out first / second time around got lucky too.

As an FYI (not that anyone cares), but this is actually my first go getting a box (thought I would try once before Supremacy 2 hits and I go down that rabbit hole). As a Saints collector, am hoping to trade whatever I land for a Baldock and Ross* cards. Genuinely not buying these because I am interested in making $$. However, I am over getting gouged on Ebay by people that but up stock for profit. So hell, lets give this a try

If anyone who gets a box hits a Saints card, let me know (even though I will likely only land Freo or GWS stock haha)

*Oh and FFS why do Select keep doing the same players over and over and over. Why?? St.Kilda does not need another Baldock, Stewart or Lockett card. There are more then enough in the last 20 years. And Seb F**king Ross AGAIN! Seriously guys, he is an absolute plodder. Stop putting him on limited edition cards!! Steele or Gresham please. No more Seb...

Feel your pain. That Ross decision is a perplexing one. Someone like Rowan Marshall would have been heaps better

3 strikes and out for me, never mind, good luck to those who were able to type faster than me.

Try again in the morning bud. Do you have autofill on your computer/phone? When I go to checkout i literally don't have to type anything. Never takes more than 30sec.

Try again in the morning bud. Do you have autofill on your computer/phone? When I go to checkout i literally don't have to type anything. Never takes more than 30sec.
No I don’t have autofill. I’ll check again in the morning, fingers crossed.
Enjoy busting, I hope you land Dusty.

Missed out despite being super quick and organised on the first two releases, but got lucky on the third release. Refreshing like crazy until the add to cart appeared. Forgot I had Shop Pay enabled with Select, so good thing I had my phone with me.

Similar to @Saints man I'm buying in a hope of landing something for my PC as I doubt I could justify spending what the gaugers will want for 'pies cards.

Despite it's flaws this release was much improved on the dominance debacle. Three different times were good although with arvo work I would have preferred a morning slot too. I'd also like to see priority access for existing/active Select accounts, which may help cut out those creating new accounts with the addresses of their friends/family in order to bypass Select's restrictions, so they can line their pockets.

Missed out despite being super quick and organised on the first two releases, but got lucky on the third release. Refreshing like crazy until the add to cart appeared. Forgot I had Shop Pay enabled with Select, so good thing I had my phone with me.

Similar to @Saints man I'm buying in a hope of landing something for my PC as I doubt I could justify spending what the gaugers will want for 'pies cards.

Despite it's flaws this release was much improved on the dominance debacle. Three different times were good although with arvo work I would have preferred a morning slot too. I'd also like to see priority access for existing/active Select accounts, which may help cut out those creating new accounts with the addresses of their friends/family in order to bypass Select's restrictions, so they can line their pockets.

Yep great idea, those that have bought in the past (could possibly base this on a certain amount spent) should almost get a pre-order priority access, then open up to general public.

They should go through ebay accounts and try and associate people that are selling more then 2. A guy is selling them for $350 and says he has 12+ boxes and idiots trying to sell boxes for $1000.
Any idea how they get away with this? That is a lot of accounts with different addresses (PO Boxes i assume?)

As everyone else said, friends/family help. Select won't investigate to well but if they went through ebay and could match names with accounts that would free up quite a few boxes. It would be an interesting thing if select put redemptions in either footy stars/ prestige or dominance where you could redeem the brilliance box. It would still sell out and people would do the same thing but I think it would be harder for guys to take the later series boxes. Probably a lot of flaws with that idea but sounds good.

Best to just ignore the stuff on ebay. Who knows if they're actually legit, trolling or have actually gone to stupid lengths to make a few hundred bucks. If it's the latter, get a job I say...

Anyone opened their boxes yet?

Someone I have spoken with got 60 boxes, they don’t even do AFL Cards they seen an opportunity to quickly double there money for very little work and took it, they do a lot of stuff that sells out quickly ie. concerts, sporting events etc so they were set up to buy lots very quickly, and with select doing 3 seperate drops just made it easier

Someone I have spoken with got 60 boxes, they don’t even do AFL Cards they seen an opportunity to quickly double there money for very little work and took it, they do a lot of stuff that sells out quickly ie. concerts, sporting events etc so they were set up to buy lots very quickly, and with select doing 3 seperate drops just made it easier

If you know them and you have a love for the hobby, you should be dobbing them in to select.

Back
Top Bottom