AFLW 2023 Teamcoach release

poita

OzCardTrader
Real Name
PC
Firstly, if you have nothing nice to say about AFLW, women footballers or a card release relating to AFLW, please back out of this thread without commenting.

I'm very interested to hear what people think about the market for this product and whether it could attract new people to the hobby.

Previous Select and Teamcoach releases including AFLW cards have been pretty lame, just containing base cards of the same few players each year. A 90 card base set here is still pretty limited at 5 players per team, but maybe we get some new faces.

Wildcards are a great addition and, as a Melbourne supporter, I'm very keen on the Daisy Pearce premiership captain trophy wildcard picture on the box.

$60 a box can work if there is a guaranteed wildcard and decent chance of a trophy wildcard.

Does the presence of gold cards and best & fairest cards mean that there will be website games as for the men? Perhaps not until demand builds.

Does anybody have any further information?

Each box contains 24 packs, with 6 cards per pack.

90 card common/base set

Look for Silver and Gold cards

Icon Checklists

Best and Fairest Card Silver and Gold versions

Star Wildcards - Silver and Gold versions

Trophy Wildcards - Silver and Gold versions

Last edited:
I think it’s a great idea to draw in new fans for collecting. Seen comments from people saying their daughters had wished there were more W cards in the earlier release so fingers crossed they buy these now. Hopefully they might have packs for sales at games too as it could be a good way to get new eyes on them. Doesn’t look like there’s folders for them though which is a little odd. I ordered myself a box now they’ve dropped the checklist as my favourite player is on the Star Wildcard (Mimi Hill) so hopefully I can get lucky there. Good luck getting the Daisy, looks a great card

Checklist now available. 1 wildcard & 1 gold B&F per box is pretty good, plus you should get a full base set if collation is decent.

pg1.jpg

pg2.jpg

About time they released these and I am happy they got in before Select did because it feels like Teamcoach is the better market for something like this. I'll pick up a box or two for sure.

Sidenote, you're asking people's opinions on this release but telling people not to comment if it's not nice. Can't really limit people to what they are and aren't allowed to comment on when asking for their opinion mate.

About time they released these and I am happy they got in before Select did because it feels like Teamcoach is the better market for something like this. I'll pick up a box or two for sure.

Sidenote, you're asking people's opinions on this release but telling people not to comment if it's not nice. Can't really limit people to what they are and aren't allowed to comment on when asking for their opinion mate.
Pretty sure that comment was more directed at derogatory or abusive comments as is not uncommon on a lot of the AFLW pages.
Big difference between “this release is not for me” vs some of the unnecessary sexist abuse that pops up

I’m also looking forward to this release and think it’s a great idea. Will be collecting my team set and a full base set
If anything it tests the waters about the demand and should help push Select to do something too assuming it’s somewhat successful

It's a great idea, much like AFLW Fantasy it gets people more invested in the competition.

That said, its a bit late innit? Only 6 weeks left of the season when these come out.

Back
Top Bottom