2016 AFL Season Discussion

Just read about Hooker resigning with the bombers. As an Essendon supporter I am really happy about this. But as a West Australian with a soft spot for Freo, does anyone else think his decission may have been influenced by Fremantle current lack of wins?

Just read about Hooker resigning with the bombers. As an Essendon supporter I am really happy about this. But as a West Australian with a soft spot for Freo, does anyone else think his decission may have been influenced by Fremantle current lack of wins?
I don't think its because of Fremantles poor form. I think it's because he loves Essendon.
He'd also be on good coin at the Bombers. I was surprised he stayed because I thought he might of wanted to return to WA.

The Giants have been doing well in their time, though some of their draft choices will be remembered for the opposite of why they were brought into AFL
(No thanks to Lachie Plowman to ruining my fantasy team in 2013)

They play exciting football. They seem like they'll be challenging for 7th or 8th.

They have given the Hawks a good old smashing tonight, but then again any team who are young, fast and skilful probably will this year. Hawks are looking pretty slow this year. Players like Smith, Hill and Lewis were pretty much witches hats tonight. But we had a few of them. Well done Giants, all those top draft picks are starting to come into their own now. Embarrassing game to watch as a Hawks fan.

The Giants have been doing well in their time, though some of their draft choices will be remembered for the opposite of why they were brought into AFL
(No thanks to Lachie Plowman to ruining my fantasy team in 2013)

They play exciting football. They seem like they'll be challenging for 7th or 8th.
7th or 8th? I reckon they'll at least get a home elimination final, and are a good chance of sneaking into the 4.
They have given the Hawks a good old smashing tonight, but then again any team who are young, fast and skilful probably will this year. Hawks are looking pretty slow this year. Players like Smith, Hill and Lewis were pretty much witches hats tonight. But we had a few of them. Well done Giants, all those top draft picks are starting to come into their own now. Embarrassing game to watch as a Hawks fan.
Probably the first one in a while, to be fair!

I think the big positive of today's game for GWS is the emergence of Rory Lobb (CARN THE BLACK DUCKS!). Mumford is pivotal cog in their system, but if Lobb can understudy should Mumford get injured (or suspended) then they don't look as vulnerable as they were last year.

This kind of result for Hawthorn was coming, all the wins at the death were the calm before the storm, and there percentage is paying for it. But they had a bit of youth out on the park today, so I don't expect them to be down for long.

Also people talking negatively about Geelong letting Stevie J go should probably cool it until we see if he plays like that when its round 20.

In contrast to GWS, Gold Coast got a belting tonight. Switching between the two games tonight, I gave up on this one at half time. They are missing pretty much their first two defenders and a large chunk of their midfield, but its the poor skill level that makes it hard to even mount a case. That Zac Smith is playing this game while Tom Nicholls is playing in the NEAFL just adds more the argument that this team is being mis-managed. The stats for this game are scary... Suns only have 3 marks inside 50 from 34 attempts.

And Richmond, how long can they blame external factors and persist with Damien Hardwick? I guess they have to given he's re-signed. Robbo wrote a big piece pumping Hardwick's tyres but it only served to highlight Richmond's inability to develop players. There's only so many times you can "luck out" at the draft.

I think the big positive of today's game for GWS is the emergence of Rory Lobb (CARN THE BLACK DUCKS!). Mumford is pivotal cog in their system, but if Lobb can understudy should Mumford get injured (or suspended) then they don't look as vulnerable as they were last year.

This kind of result for Hawthorn was coming, all the wins at the death were the calm before the storm, and there percentage is paying for it. But they had a bit of youth out on the park today, so I don't expect them to be down for long.

Also people talking negatively about Geelong letting Stevie J go should probably cool it until we see if he plays like that when its round 20.

In contrast to GWS, Gold Coast got a belting tonight. Switching between the two games tonight, I gave up on this one at half time. They are missing pretty much their first two defenders and a large chunk of their midfield, but its the poor skill level that makes it hard to even mount a case. That Zac Smith is playing this game while Tom Nicholls is playing in the NEAFL just adds more the argument that this team is being mis-managed. The stats for this game are scary... Suns only have 3 marks inside 50 from 34 attempts.

And Richmond, how long can they blame external factors and persist with Damien Hardwick? I guess they have to given he's re-signed. Robbo wrote a big piece pumping Hardwick's tyres but it only served to highlight Richmond's inability to develop players. There's only so many times you can "luck out" at the draft.
Good post! But what about another former Swan, my boy Stephen Coniglio? He's having a breakout season, averaging 28 disposals and also hitting the scoreboard more than ever. How I wished he didn't sign that contract extension, I wouldn't mind having him at the Eagles!

I feel really sorry for richmond to be honest, after showing signs over the last few years of possibility, they have just completely flopped this year. Super disappointing for the fans

I feel really sorry for richmond to be honest, after showing signs over the last few years of possibility, they have just completely flopped this year. Super disappointing for the fans
What he said.
There are some guys who I can't believe are getting games.
Hopefully some ruck talent is available in this year's draft, because we'll be picking early and Ivan Maric won't last much longer.

Lol at Susie O'Briens section on footy cards in her story on NAPLAN in today's Herald Sun.

"And there was a question about Dustin who collects football cards.
The prices of the cards are $3, $5, $5, $8, $8, $10, $10, $10, $40.
What is their mean (average) price?
I couldn't even do the sum because the question irritated me so much.
Who ever heard of a $40 football card these days?"

Susie O'Brien, welcome to OzCardTrader.

Lol at Susie O'Briens section on footy cards in her story on NAPLAN in today's Herald Sun.

"And there was a question about Dustin who collects football cards.
The prices of the cards are $3, $5, $5, $8, $8, $10, $10, $10, $40.
What is their mean (average) price?
I couldn't even do the sum because the question irritated me so much.
Who ever heard of a $40 football card these days?"

Susie O'Brien, welcome to OzCardTrader.

Sounds like she didn't do a lot of research on that one lol.

Back
Top Bottom