2016 AFL Season Discussion

You missed the point completely. I'm not making anything complicated, I'm trying to be fair & honest about it. It simply can't be taken from 1 & given to another.

If the afl had got there act together & dealt with the situation instead of letting it drag on & on. Then the Essendon 34 would have been suspended before the season started (that is what there saying by stripping him of the medal) then Jobe would not have poled a vote & if there not playing WHO get's the votes ?

This is a completely different scenario to a striking incident that get's you suspended. They should have not played that year, 2012. That is what they are saying when they say Jobe shouldn't have the medal.

Then there is the other problem this is not an Olympic sport where you have clear defined 1 to 8 finishes, you have several hundred players in this. You can not just take it from the winner & give it to the next in line here, this is something that has not happened in sport anywhere on the planet that I am aware of ?

If they strip him & give it to Sam Mitchell & Trent Cotchin it will be a great way to end this shock part of afl history. I have said if Jobe can't have it, then due to all the logistical problems that come with taking it no one should have it.
Think about it this way.

The Brownlow is awarded to the Best & Fairest player for each season; or in other words, the best player who is also 'fair'.

In 2012, was Jobe Watson the best player? Yes. Was he also 'fair'? No. So who was the best player who was also 'fair'?

Mitchell and Cotchin. Therefore, in my opinion, they should each get a medal IF Jobe is stripped of his.

Think about it this way.

The Brownlow is awarded to the Best & Fairest player for each season; or in other words, the best player who is also 'fair'.

In 2012, was Jobe Watson the best player? Yes. Was he also 'fair'? No. So who was the best player who was also 'fair'?

Mitchell and Cotchin. Therefore, in my opinion, they should each get a medal IF Jobe is stripped of his.
Totally agree with this yes Jobe Watson was the best player as he polled the votes but he didn't get to be the best with performance enhancing drugs therefore didn't achieve his votes fairly which = Stripped of Brownlow then goes to next B&F.

Think about it this way.

MY POINT; IF THE AFL HAD HAVE FIXED THE PROBLEM BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED, JOBE WATSON WOULD NOT HAVE PLAYED.

THEREFORE HE WOULD NOT HAVE PLAYED.

THEREFORE HE WOULD NOT HAVE POLED A VOTE.

THEREFORE NO ESSENDON PLAYER WOULD HAVE POLED A VOTE.

So what would have happened to the 60 + votes.

MY POINT; IF THE AFL HAD HAVE FIXED THE PROBLEM BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED, JOBE WATSON WOULD NOT HAVE PLAYED.

OK, I get your point. No need to yell ;)

Yes, perhaps he shouldn't have played at all that season. But he did. You can't change that. So instead of focusing on hypotheticals, shouldn't we be looking at what did happen?

Your seriously going to get agro about other people spreading their opinion when yet no one is getting agro with your opinion.The AFL board are not going to re-watch 23 to redistribute the 60+ they will pick a more efficient and easy option therefore the person who got the next most amount of votes.

Correct me if I'm wrong but when Jobe was awarded the medal at the end of the 2012 season the whole supplements thing hadn't even come out yet. I don't ever remember thinking on the night anything to do with the supplements.
Correct. Essendon self-reported in February 2013.

So in fact the earliest the Bombers players could have been banned was the 2013 season. Hence there is no way the AFL could have stopped the banned players from polling Brownlown votes in 2012.

Then he keeps the brownlow.

Actually give to the runners up they seem to be more deserving !

I'm done here too.

I still don't understand why he would get to keep it when he has been found guilty of taking a banned drug/supplement. Surely it defeats the whole fairest part of the award. I'd be extremely surprised if it's not taken off him, that's just what I think.

So you have got a positive test there for Jobe Watson have you ? I think I can find afl houses address for you, that would solve all the problems. I am pretty certain that none of them returned a positive test for anything, all though test results are secretive (unless your with Collingwood). So do you have 1 ?

So you have got a positive test there for Jobe Watson have you ? I think I can find afl houses address for you, that would solve all the problems. I am pretty certain that none of them returned a positive test for anything, all though test results are secretive (unless your with Collingwood). So do you have 1 ?

You are quite the smart alec tonight aren't you. He did admit to taking the supplement live on tv, combine that with the guilty finding and that's good enough for me.

You are quite the smart alec tonight aren't you. He did admit to taking the supplement live on tv, combine that with the guilty finding and that's good enough for me.
They wouldn't have been banned if there was no hard evidence therefore guilty.

Pretty sure you do. Oh hang on....I get it. Wow.

Now he has never been found guilty of taking a banned substance, NEVER.

He was found guilty of failing to fill out his paperwork properly !

So before he is continually called a "drug cheat" or someone who took a banned substance, I think you need proof !

Oh that's right hawthorn, no need for proof. Were right & you are wrong....Does that cover it

Got to be kidding............Some of you have no clue.......No honesty or integrity when it comes too what was once the greatest game in the country...........

I am truly done here.

I know you hate Hawthorn but they have nothing to do with the saga....and i do like Watson who was the best in 2012 season, but wasn't the fairest as Scott pointed out

Just out of curiosity, are you prepared to answer the questions yet ? No.....You just keep lying to yourself......OH do you know where far Q 2 is...... it's right next to far Q.

Now I'm done.

So before he is continually called a "drug cheat" or someone who took a banned substance, I think you need proof !

Oh that's right hawthorn, no need for proof. Were right & you are wrong....Does that cover it

Got to be kidding............Some of you have no clue.......No honesty or integrity when it comes too what was once the greatest game in the country...........

I am truly done here.
OK...

I am truly done here.
"On 12 January 2016, CAS handed down a guilty verdict on the thirty-four Essendon players, overturning the not-guilty verdict, after finding it was comfortably satisfied that the players were injected with Thymosin beta-4."

It wouldn't be right to have a non winner if Watson loses the Brownlow.
I'd feel for Watson if he lost it but I'd be bloody stoked for Sam Mitchell.

Back
Top Bottom