2015 draft

Ozsportsfan

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Michael
thought id start something up for some debate/interest for the draft.

Questions
1. Which rookie are you excited to collect next year?

2. Who do you think your team should draft?

3. Who is your sleeper draft pick?

4. Who is your legit "can't miss prospect"?

5. Who is the best Wide Receiver in the draft?

1. Leonard Williams

2. Would love Gurley to fall to the Ravens

3. Nelson Agalor out of USC. More so he will out perform his draft position. Love the kid Kendricks out of UCLA though.

4. Amari Cooper is legit. Can't see him asa bust.

5. Cooper has won me over, was big on Parker at the start of the college season.

Whoever the Raiders draft!

I am hoping for Leonard Williams or Amari Cooper if the team stays at #4.

RB Jay Ajayi from Boise State

Amari Cooper looks to be as much of a sure thing as a decent starter as anyone. He may not turn out to be the best WR in the draft, but I think he will be a solid #1 WR for many years (I'm thinking Tim Brown, Torry Holt, Marvin Harrison type of player)

Cooper as above although I do think his ceiling may not be as high as someone like Kevin White (who has a bigger chance to bomb also though).

Sneaky extra question,who do the Raiders take in the second?

It depends on how they go for the first. If Leonard Williams is there at #4 I would put my money on him being selected (have even seen mention on a couple Raider sites of them thinking of trading up to get him which I think McKenzie will not do!) and then a WR being target in the second. If Cooper or White is the first round choice, I think they will go with a pass rusher in the second like Odighizuwa or Danielle Hunter if they are available. I also wouldn't be surprised to see McKenzie just go with OL either or just the BPA on their draft board which is how he seems to draft.

I hope he has a good draft class again. I like what they are doing in Oakland. I'd like to Ozzie go against the norm and trade up lol

I hope they do! Mack should be a huge building block to build around and there has been rumors of him playing a lot more DE also. And Carr has shown some real good promise at QB - he just needs a legitimate #1 WR now. Hopefully Rod Streater can return healthy because I think he can be a quality #2 WR with Jones the #3.

Yeah I don't see the Ravens trading up, it's just not there way. They could package a couple picks together though to move up and get more of a playmaker rather than a solid starter. But come the end of the year, no doubt Ravens will be in the picture at Playoffs and they would have found a rookie or two to contribute without missing a beat!

Yeah, not sure I could see them grabbing him at 5 or 6.

Could see it as Winton, Mariota (if team comes up) or Williams, fowler, cooper

Looking forward to watching the draft. Only been watching NFL for the last couple of seasons and haven't really watched too much college football but really enjoy the sport. Fits in perfectly to the NRL offseason.

My early picks are DeVante Parker, Jaelen Strong or Todd Gurley but a lot will depend on which teams they end with.

I think they (Broncos) will draft defensive or o-line in the early rounds. I would love them to trade up for Dante Fowler Jr but dont think thats realistically going to happen. Not really sure otherwise.

Not sure where he is expected to go but i like TJ Yeldon as a sleeper. He looked pretty good in the few Alabama games i watched last season.

Todd Gurley. As long as he recovers from his injury he should be awesome to watch.

Amari Cooper. Hard to look past him.

I'd love yeldon to end up in a Ravens jersey. Being from Bama, I am sure he is on Ozzie's radar

Slightly on topic, Raiders have shown interest in Vic Beasley sending four staff: DC Ken Norton Jr, DL coach Jethro Franklin, LB coach Sal Sunseri and Director of Player Personnel Joey Clinkscales. Could be a possible target if the team can trade down although he does not really fit into their defensive 4-3 scheme as he is viewed too small to play 4-3 DE and is more of a 3-4 OLB.

Intriguing, smokescreen or movement to a hybrid scheme?

I think it may be more of a smoke screen. By the sounds of things they will be playing a defense very similar to the Seahawks and the type the Jaguars played under Del Rio also which would make sense. In that defense I think Mack would be undersized at DE also (I think he is pretty similar in size to Beasley) and Mack would be just as suitable as the Leo in that defense. This is why I think they will target Leonard Williams if he is available to play the bigger DE position the defense uses.

But if they did move Mack to DE, Sio Moore would be be pretty ideal to move back to the Leo type role he played his rookie season before being shifted when Mack was drafted. Then the front 7 would look like Dan Williams and Justin Ellis locking up the middle at DT, Tuck and Mack rushing from the DE position, Moore rushing from the LB Leo type of position, Malcolm Smith at the other OLB spot and Lofton in the middle.

Back
Top Bottom