2015 AFL Season Discussion

So a slip up earlier tonight on the AFL website that showed a link to buy a Sam Mitchell 2015 Brownlow Medalist signature guernsey lead to a betting plunge that saw him drop to $3.00

Apparently the explanation filtering through is they have 6 different player memorabilia pieces available to go on the announcement of the winner, but someone in IT f***ed up showing the Mitchell one.

Well done and congratulations to Nathan Fyfe - what an incredibly impressive young bloke he is, both on and off the field.

I thought that Channel 7 could at least have rolled out the round 23 highlights before ol' Gil raced through the votes, particularly given how long they drew the bloody telecast out for anyway! :)

Good stuff nevertheless, I reckon the Brownlow medal count makes you come alive during Grand Final week!

79d9e0622af4ea9536a4c43ece81b7cf.jpg

NOW it feels like Grand Final week!! I reckon these look amazing.

Too bad Herald Sun displayed some absolute f***ing gutter journalism with that Daniel Chick story by Hawthorn wagoner Rita Panahi today.

It deserves to be called out for what it is: a despicable smear campaign by News Limited against the West Coast Eagles over the "tainted" 2006 Premiership.

The questions of course are:
*did/or why didn't Daniel Chick raise this with the AFL Integrity department?
*did News Limited pay Daniel Chick for the story?
*how long have News Limited been in possession of this information, before deciding to print it?
*why didn't News Limited contact the West Coast Eagles before printing the story?

They did this to Jimmy Bartel just a day after his Brownlow medal win in 2007, posting quotes from his "estranged father".
They did this to Geelong recently with the deliberately misleading "Geelong Dank Drugs Link" front page.

Whether it is Fairfax and their bitter, spiteful left-wing agenda or News Limited and their "women's magazine" tabloid sensationalism, you honestly need to take each and every front page with a grain of salt these days.

they most likely have had this story for a while and airing it on grand final week was their way of trying to leveraged the outcome by publishing this old news in an attempt to unsettle the Eagles before the big game, I'd check to see if the editor/writer has a large bet on the Hawks winning, wont happen though

Co-written by Rita Panahi, which with a even a cursory glance at her twitter feed (where she's retweeted the article about 3 or 4 f***ing times) you can see she's a Hawks fan.

Who is everyone tipping for the game tomorrow?
I would love to see the Eagles win but I think the Hawks will by about 4 goals.

Last edited:
Probably fair to say no team in the next 50 years will win 3 premierships in a row, its just the way the AFL is these days. What an effort, what a team, what a win today.
My top 3 players in order were Sammy Mitchell, Isaac Smith and Cyril Rioli. Go you good thing.
My bank account is about to take a big hit again lol.

In saying all that, I am always gracious in victory. Well done on a great year West Coasters. The big stage and a switched on Hawks just got the better of you, they sure know how to play the big games on their terms. This might sound like a strange comment, but am happy for the Hawks to let other teams play off next year, I miss watching the grand final and just enjoying the game and not stressing all week haha.

Very well done Hawks, we didn't stand a chance after the first five minutes. Seriously good team!

Still very proud of the Eagles this season, a hugely unexpected rise into second spot and a GF appearance, couldn't ask for much more. Well done to Simmo, I think this will be invaluable experience heading into the next few seasons.

Bring on 2016! :D

Back
Top Bottom