2015 AFL Season Discussion

Dixon's requested a trade and Gold Coast sound like they are all too happy to offload. Rumour is Port are offering $700k per season on a 5 year deal.

Don't know how to feel about this one. On one hand its kinda cool to see a lad from Cairns be a hot commodity in the AFL market, but jesus I feel like he owes the Suns to stick fat. Between his dodgy ankles, alcohol issues and turning up to pre-season this year tipping the scales at 120kg, he hasn't exactly screamed professionalism yet they've stuck by him.

And Port won't exactly be getting a guy that can player 23 games, more likely 15-18.

Wonder if Gold Coast will chase picks or players.

Dixon's requested a trade and Gold Coast sound like they are all too happy to offload. Rumour is Port are offering $700k per season on a 5 year deal.

Don't know how to feel about this one. On one hand its kinda cool to see a lad from Cairns be a hot commodity in the AFL market, but jesus I feel like he owes the Suns to stick fat. Between his dodgy ankles, alcohol issues and turning up to pre-season this year tipping the scales at 120kg, he hasn't exactly screamed professionalism yet they've stuck by him.

And Port won't exactly be getting a guy that can player 23 games, more likely 15-18.

Wonder if Gold Coast will chase picks or players.

I'm not 100% what Port Adelaide see in him - especially for 700k a year - but I guess with Schulz likely to leave they want a powerhouse to put in the goal square.

All Rocket wanted was a nice lame quiet post season, and Harley Bennell couldn't even make it to Monday.

Sounds like this may be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Why are the media even bringing up the fact Goodes is being booed in this Freo game? Hodge and Mitchell were booed all game last night and not one word. The double standards are piss poor. When will they get it into their heads that it's not racist, fans just boo when they don't like a player, it's as simple as that. Stop making it into something it's not. This is really starting to get under my skin!

Why are the media even bringing up the fact Goodes is being booed in this Freo game? Hodge and Mitchell were booed all game last night and not one word. The double standards are piss poor. When will they get it into their heads that it's not racist, fans just boo when they don't like a player, it's as simple as that. Stop making it into something it's not. This is really starting to get under my skin!

I agree but last night Mitchell wasn't booed once

I thought I heard Mitchell booed a couple of times, but it might have been related to the play at the time.

Hodge was definitely targeted from the get go though.

I agree but last night Mitchell wasn't booed once

Yeah like Laz said, I thought I heard Mitchell get booed, but might have just been timing as he had the ball and was directed at something else. Hodge was booed for looking at the ball it was that obvious. But the media need to leave this whole Goodes booing thing alone, the more they speak about it and make a deal of it the more it will continue. But Goodes only has 1-3 games left in his career, so hopefully we can all forget about it and move on when the season finishes. Im just so sick of hearing about it.

I was at the game, Mitchell was definitely booed quite loudly at times, mainly because he's seen as a bit of a villain for kneeing other players in the quads!
I also believe that whilst most of the crowd booed Hodge as well it was in good spirits with some parts of the crowd yelling "Booze" in reference to his drink driving efforts.

And in more big news, Gold Coast Sun Josh Hall has jumped codes to take up a deal with the Penrith Panthers.

lol this news is actually 6 days old, barely made a ripple

I like how the papers actually reporting it, frame it as the NRL getting one back.

Yeah a fringe player, recruited out of high school track & field as a rookie, surely makes up for Folau and Hunt.

Last edited:
The 2015 All Australian team:

B: Josh Gibson (Hawthorn), Alex Rance (Richmond), Heath Shaw (GWS Giants)
HB: Easton Wood (Bulldogs), Michael Hurley (Essendon), Robert Murphy (Bulldogs)
C: Daniel Hannebery (Sydney), Matthew Priddis (West Coast), Andrew Gaff (West Coast)
HF: Chad Wingard (Port Adelaide), Jack Riewoldt (Richmond), Cyril Rioli (Hawthorn)
F: Eddie Betts (Adelaide), Josh Kennedy (West Coast), Jake Stringer (Bulldogs)
R: Todd Goldstein (North Melb), Nathan Fyfe (Fremantle), Patrick Dangerfield (Adelaide)
I/C: Sam Mitchell (Hawthorn), David Mundy (Fremantle), Brett Deledio (Richmond), Robbie Gray (Port Adelaide)
Captain: Robert Murphy (Bulldogs)
Vice Captain: Josh Kennedy (West Coast)

Josh Kennedy (Sydney) is very unlucky. I would have liked him to replace Dangerfield who has announced he wants to move to Victoria.

You would have to wonder how aggressive Fremantle are going to be during the trade period, with Ross Lyon admitting last night that his team needs to be more attacking. It is an interesting turn of events, because only once in twenty finals has a Ross Lyon-coached team scored over 100 points and he has built a reputation on defensive, accountable football.

Fremantle's finals scores under his coaching have been: 96, 71, 87, 99, 62, 69, 83, 69, 67.

@Jesse Dart your thoughts, young fella?

Back
Top Bottom