2015 AFL Season Discussion

Let's just say I am extremely frustrated with our finals. I know it's easy to blame them but god the umpires were flogs, not just towards us though (Rioli's 'block' on Dawson springs to mind). Additionally, I am really frustrated at people in the back line unable to take a basic chest mark that I believe cost us the game. As a Fremantle fan I was extremely dissapointed at the fan who hit that lady and the one that yelled at Stratton. We are not like them. I have seen posts on social media saying we are worse then Collingwood. That is most definently not true, and quite frankly embarrassing that I (as a fan) am being compared to some of Those losers like Joffa. I will end my rant with a comment about the Isacc Smith altercation, I honestly don't think it was that bad. He shouldn't have done it, but everyone's carrying on like he actually hit him.

All I'll say is
with Ross Lyon admitting last night that his team needs to be more attacking.
is bloody rich coming from the king of negative football. He doesn't coach to win, he coaches to not lose, he's like a point fighter in MMA, doing just enough to get the judges scores in his favour but never looking for the knockout. The problems with Fremantle's attack start with him.

You don't wins games of football kicking backwards. Especially when you turn those kicks over. The skill errors were as bad as the gameplan, this was a game they were destined to lose.

The Fremantle Bigfooty board is going ape blaming the umpires*, but the free kick count was only +1 in Hawthorn's favour - never mind the clearly flagrant elbow Hodge copped in full view of an umpire that did nothing. Ultimately its the scores from turnovers that did them in.

*it might also have to to do with the Triple M broadcast having access to audio in the coaches box, and the guy in the booth providing positive feedback to the umps on the ground for "dealing with the Ballantyne stuff" when they gave that soft free for his bump behind play in the first quarter. Apparently this is supposed some smoking gun that proves the umpiring was corrupt. :rolleyes:

Man, I know Joffa is the face of the Collingwood cheer squad which makes him an easy target but has he ever done anything that bad apart from rile up opposition supporters with his big wooden spoon?

I mean doesn't he do a fair bit of charity and community work?

It sure has been a disappointing year for WA footy fans, from the West Coast supporters ejected for racial vilification to the boneheads and thug from last night. I dare say the new Burswood stadium will build bigger fences with a bit more space between them and the crowd.

FWIW that guy that hit the woman has already been banned for life from Domain, though we'll see if that carries over to the new stadium.

Hodge deserved the elbow he is a dirty player
Hodge is a hardnut and a champion of the game.
Violence has no place on or off the field.
Some of the behavior displayed last night by a few was appalling. God forbid the day when its not safe to take your family and there are fences put up like some of the European fields.

Last edited:
Hey guys just wanted to know how can I get 2 tickets to the grad final? Any help will be appreciated :thumbsup:

Yeah look I don't like Hodge as much as the next non-Victorian because a lot of his crap is excused by the AFL media as "playing on the edge", but I'd hope you'd expect a better standard from your own team. And ultimately you can't whinge about umpires when you're left off for that.

Also...

x9zTanO.jpg

Joffa is actually one of the most genuinely nicest man I've ever met, he looks really rough around the edges but could not say a word wrong about him. He does a lot of charity work and apparently gives a whole lot of cash towards charity's as well. :) @Lazlow

Not a freo supporter I just don't like the way hodge plays

As a Hawks supporter I love the way he plays. He's not perfect, no AFL player is. But his hard uncompromising style of play and leadership will go down in history as one of the greatest. I take the good with the bad with Hodgey and wouldn't change a thing. His record in big games speaks for itself.

Do we think that Nathan Fyfe is a straightforward winner of the Brownlow medal tonight, or can Matt Priddis, Sam Mitchell, Patrick Dangerfield or Todd Goldstein win it instead?

The West Coast fans on here would know much more about this than me, but trawling through the AFL statistics yesterday I noticed that in quite a few games young Andrew Gaff had more possessions than Matt Priddis and of course he is a more frequent goal kicker. It might be similar to a Swan/Pendlebury thing at Collingwood, taking votes from each other.

As a Hawks supporter I love the way he plays. He's not perfect, no AFL player is. But his hard uncompromising style of play and leadership will go down in history as one of the greatest. I take the good with the bad with Hodgey and wouldn't change a thing. His record in big games speaks for itself.

It's funny you even have to explain the way Hodge plays. The guy is tough as old boots and is hard at every contest. He has had a few hiccups this year, on-field and off, but he's suddenly public enemy number 1 in the eyes of a lot of non-Hawks fans.

Last edited:
Do we think that Nathan Fyfe is a straightforward winner of the Brownlow medal tonight, or can Matt Priddis, Sam Mitchell, Patrick Dangerfield or Todd Goldstein win it instead?

The West Coast fans on here would know much more about this than me, but trawling through the AFL statistics yesterday I noticed that in quite a few games young Andrew Gaff had more possessions than Matt Priddis and of course he is a more frequent goal kicker. It might be similar to a Swan/Pendlebury thing at Collingwood, taking votes from each other.
It should be a very good count! I have done my own count, awarding votes in every game and I ended up with Fyfe on 29 votes and Priddis and Gaff each on 27. Obviously I'm really hoping one of those two can win it, but there is something going against each:

Priddis won an unexpected Brownlow last year, and often when this happens they tend to underpoll the next season.

This has been Gaff's breakout season, and often players don't poll well in their first season where they are really noticed.

Anyway, it's shaping up to be a very exciting night :D

This is going to be unpopular, but I honestly think Gaff is a better player than Priddis. I just like Gaff's style better and think he should poll well. And if Priddis wins a second Brownlow then I will be truly shocked.

Back
Top Bottom