2012 Football Draft Prospects -PREMIUM AFL JANUARY RELEASE

More guernsey type cards from select would be sweet. If the footycards set release is successful, select will no doubt try and release something similar

tall poppy syndrome?
wtf you talking about?

You have nothing but negative thoughts about anyone that shows any innovation or has the balls to actually make something happen. It’s getting tiresome. Tall poppy syndrome.

$100 for 3 cards, yes that is correct. This is a premium release with low numbered signature cards, low numbered inserts and memorabilia cards (while these aren’t perfect they are a start!). It will sell out and will be hugely collectable, like everything else they have released.

why can't i have an opinion without having to justify my opinion to the likes of you?
talk about tiresome, read your posts of late, banging on about SA and crap, yet that's ok?
but when someone just wants to put in an opinion about a hobby that they have been in for most of their lives then I think they should have that right and not have to reply to idiots like you that just like to attack forum members that they are a part of aswell?
you really make me sick Ryan.

Geez - take it easy guys. Im with Ryan.

Happy to see something with a bit of innovation than the same of rubbish every 6 months. Im sure Select see any money being spend on this set as money not being spent with them. In terms of being out for a quick buck select are the kings of quick buck sets.

Err, the packaging of the product, and its target niche of a high end, low production run release is pretty common place in American sports releases, so your quips on the box 'gimmick' are ignorant footycard. So many people on here buy a box of Select AFL/NFL, rip the product and all they list in the box break is 4-5 cards anyway, the they are left with 200 odd junk commons, and gems that sell for $5 on ebay. This form of release simply does away with the unwanted commons. Dunno about you but as oneil said I'm hardly quivering with excitement at the thought of trying to get another mascot gem this year. And you'll find that a lot of the US releases contain an 'event worn' jersey piece, these kids were (presumably) all drafted by afl teams in the draft, they're hardly going to be unknowns in 6 months time, isnt that the aim? Or wait till July, 4 months into the season before you get a draft pick sig of your new favorite player?

There has never been anything really released in January so will be interesting to see how it goes, but it seems hardly coincidental that Select have released their 'premium' Heritage product, which has been sitting ready to go for a good 18 months, within such a close timeframe as this release. We're all still talking about, buying and trading cards on here a fair bit so I dont know that an offseason is so pronounced nowadays. Time will tell.

If you think Select have built this hobby up over the last 20 years, then your expectations are way too low, theyve stagnated for ten years, happily producing mediocre product that still sells out, so they see no need to go out of their comfort zone and produce something new and exciting in pack form (the cash grab Scanlens Archives series dont count). A monopoly licensing agreement means theyve never had the need to feel threatened.

I'll be buying some of these for sure, but have no desire whatsoever to spend the 2K on the Heritage release just to get two cards from my team.

Exactly my thoughts, well said.

I think this new set will be awesome and will sell out. I'd love to buy a pack but at $100 for 3 cards (even though that's reasonable) im not sure I'll be getting any.

Coming from the other tcc forum, ive heard is going to be less then $100 a box. Should be pretty good, mascot gem sort of price per card.
Here is the latest i know for players:
Jon Patton - GWS
Chad Wingard - PORT
Elliot Kavanagh - ESS
Hayden Crozier - FRE
Shane Kersten - GEE
A Saad - STK
B Crouch - ADE
Michael Mascoulis - WC
Corey Gault - Coll
Daniel Markworth - from FB photo shoot
Hayden Crozier - from FB photo shoot
Another blond guy spinning ball - from FB photo shoot

Rang these guys the smorning and they said to expect a checklist by Friday or sooner. So fingers crossed, would be a nice christmas surprise :D

Might hve to keep an eye on the blog

Rang these guys the smorning and they said to expect a checklist by Friday or sooner. So fingers crossed, would be a nice christmas surprise :D

Might hve to keep an eye on the blog

yeah that would be nice, would love to see a checklist soon, keen to know how many new cards i'll be chasing in the new year.

These are going to be expensive!!!!!!

do you know this for a fact or are you guessing? and if its under $100 like we are being lead to believe then thats half the price of a Select AFL box. if these are expensive then the Select ones are a massive rip off lol. be interested to know what your basing your 'expensive' on???

i think if someone is willing to have a crack at doing something we have all been asking for while Select completely ignore us then what price do you put on that! im not keen at all on the idea that the guernsey cards are just a made up guernsey for the photo shoot, but really appreciate someone listening to us finally. lets all support this product and hopefully he will produce something better next year with some kind of real memorabilia that means something in the card.

looks good, seems to be some cards missing from that checklist though?? no list of guernseys?? and are the top players all the single sigs?

IMO the guernsey cards look pretty sweeeeet.
The way I read it, is each player has a sig card and guernsey card

Footycards.com.au website has a price up for boxes

2012 Football Draft Prospects - Factory Sealed Box - $64.95
2012 Football Draft Prospects - Factory Sealed 12-Box Case - $729.95

Available for Pre-order soon!

Scheduled Release - Late January 2012

the guernsey cards look cool. the design of the actual card im talking about. not too badly priced per box.

Back
Top Bottom