2008 Tipping Competition

The 2008 OzCards AFL Tipping Competition is now open for entry! Please be aware of the following guidelines:

Entry fee is $22 to be paid by the completion of Round 2.

- The prizes are still to be determined depending on how many entrants we have
- 1 point will be awarded for each correct tip in the 22 round home and away season
- 10 points will be awarded for correctly tipping a draw should you wish to do so
- Anyone who forgets to submit their tips will be given the lowest score for that particular round
- If you join the competition AFTER round one, you will start on the average score of the contestants already registered
- The competition runs until the end of Round 22 and does NOT include finals

To enter, simply go to oztips.com, click "Register" on the home page and set up an account (if you have previously participated in a competition on this site, your existing account will still be valid).

Once you have successfully registered or logged in to your existing account, click "Join A Comp" and enter the following details:

Comp #: 125222
Comp Password: ozcards

I have sent all of this text and payment information to you, so if you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to PM me!

GOOD LUCK!

So far there are only three other members who have officially joined through the site. Keep signing up guys! Also, whenever you send payment through, please send me a PM so I can keep an eye out for it rather than checking my bank details each day. Thanks :)

Only five tipsters (myself included) registered. Disappointing considering the number of people that expressed interest! I'm sending you all a PM now to see what we want to do :)

Only five tipsters (myself included) registered. Disappointing considering the number of people that expressed interest! I'm sending you all a PM now to see what we want to do :)

It could be that most have joined the tipping comp at the other card site, they have a sponsor and it costs less to join, i am not a member there yet but i read the forum on a regular basis.

It could be that most have joined the tipping comp at the other card site, they have a sponsor and it costs less to join, i am not a member there yet but i read the forum on a regular basis.

It costs less? You've got to be ****ting me. People will pay $xyz for a piece of god damn cardboard but they think $22 is too much for a 22-round tipping competition? I couldn't give a ****. I'm paying twice as much to enter similar competitions at work etc.

Obviously the more the merrier, but I couldn't really care if we had 30 people or 5 people - as long as we have a decent contest. As it stands, it looks as if it might just be a winner takes all affair.

It costs less? You've got to be ****ting me. People will pay $xyz for a piece of god damn cardboard but they think $22 is too much for a 22-round tipping competition? I couldn't give a ****. I'm paying twice as much to enter similar competitions at work etc.

Obviously the more the merrier, but I couldn't really care if we had 30 people or 5 people - as long as we have a decent contest. As it stands, it looks as if it might just be a winner takes all affair.

Could be because when you buy that piece of cardboard you have something to show for it, even if it is just a piece of cardboard. Tipping competitions for most people = nothing to show for it. Now if you're a good tipper, then yeah I can understand what you have to say... but for someone who just likes to tip and add a little to the group... they may just prefer to spend the money on the cardboard than something they won't be winning.

Human nature I'm afraid.

But I cannot afford either so thats why I'm not entering here.

Sorry i wasn't trying to upset you i was just saying what i though the reason for low numbers was. I think wolves has a point about buying a card and entering a tipping comp too.

Sorry i wasn't trying to upset you i was just saying what i though the reason for low numbers was. I think wolves has a point about buying a card and entering a tipping comp too.

It wasn't a personal rant aimed at anyone in particular :)

Back
Top Bottom