15-16 NBA Draft and Pre- Season discussion

They ca
The Knicks landed Afflalo on a 2 year deal. I like this signing. Adds some stability to their backcourt. I'm expecting them to try and trade for David Lee or Roy Hibbert to try and please Melo.

That's still one more signing than the Lakers, who lost Ed Davis to Portland overnight. Fml. We do have a second meeting with Aldridge, who cancelled his meeting with the Knicks for it.

Also, Kobe on Twitter is hilarious.

image.jpg
They can have Hibbert :)

Bucks starting 5:
Carter-Williams
Middleton
Antenekoumpo
Parker
Monroe

Bench:
Mayo, Bayless, Dudley

That's a very solid team.

Dudley's gone now, but I'm loving this Bucks team. Kidd might be able to cover up some of the lack of depth.

Lopez to the Knicks??

I think Baynes did VERY well landing that deal! Jumped from $1mil to $6+ per for 3! He would have been like "Thanks Pop... but C-ya!!!" Don't blame him

Spurs need to get LA now or we are in trouble! I am starting to think we don't land him. Like every other year where we are linked to FAs and they just sign elsewhere.

Maybe Jason Thompson isn't a bad idea for a C if the Raps release him??

Think you mean Sixers for Jason Thompson? I can't see a spot for him on Philly's roster.

Robin Lopez has been offered $12mill a year from the Knicks, apparently.

I'd still rather land Tobias Harris and Robin Lopez. Gotta get the pieces in place, no free agent wants to come to a blank canvas.

David West has narrowed his teams to just two - the Spurs and the Wizards. The outcome will mostly depend on where Aldridge ends up.

Not much unfortunately. Apparently Aldridge & Lakers meeting #2 went for 3 hours. He's now dining with Pat Riley.

Best the Lakers can do now is Tobias Harris, Kostas Koufos, Roy Hibbert and / or David Lee. Apparently the Knicks have had discussions with Jordan Hill so it could be completely different front court next season... Man I hope hope Sacre isn't our starter.

Damn, was quite keen on Thomas Robinson, remember him at Kansas, was a beast, hope he goes well at Nets, guess the Pacers are thinking Turner is an instant starter? No word on thin PF market that they can afford,

Was just listening to The Starters podcast and agreed with the idea they brought up regarding the salary cap and having a legacy player on the team where it doesn't count against the salary cap eg Dirk could receive $35m and that would go towards the cap. Him receiving $8m as a Mavs lifer is insane. What do you guys think?

yeah, they should have one club veterans list where only 3 mill or so goes under cap, keeps players at one club and also helps sign older legends to what they are worth!

Was just listening to The Starters podcast and agreed with the idea they brought up regarding the salary cap and having a legacy player on the team where it doesn't count against the salary cap eg Dirk could receive $35m and that would go towards the cap. Him receiving $8m as a Mavs lifer is insane. What do you guys think?

I like it - however I reckon it should only be available to a player after their 7th consecutive season for that franchise, thus encouraging team loyalty (rookie year deal x 3 + 4 year max - ie Jimmy butler, Faried etc what these guys have signed). They could then sign on again non-against the cap, or take less to go chase a ring.

I'd still rather land Tobias Harris and Robin Lopez. Gotta get the pieces in place, no free agent wants to come to a blank canvas.
True, I have loved watching kobe over the years but think he's the biggest thing that puts off players coming to the lakers atm, saying to Aldridge that he see's him being like gasol to him e.g second fiddle is not going to win anyone over when your 38 and should be handing the team over and becoming option 2 himself, the lakers have drafted well, but think next offseason when kobe retires and you have all rnay extra money to spend is when you's will land two big names, even maybe 3 with the salary cap set to go crazy.

Back
Top Bottom