drob50

Magic Johnson and David Robinson ON CARD autos
Real Name
Adam
eBay User
None
Only 1-2 games left this season :)
Then the draft on June 25 I believe??

I looked briefly and didn't see a thread for it, but we need a spot to discuss trades and moves.

Starting with the Clippers' acquisition of Lance Stephenson today.
Reportedly they will send Spencer Hawes and Matt Barnes Charlotte.

Draft next Friday for us Aussies. It's a strange feeling being a Laker fan and this high in the draft. I wasn't even alive the last time we had a pick this high!

Just hoping the ship can get put somewhat back on course. I'm hoping they take D'Angelo Russell, but have a feeling they'll go after a tradition big in Okafor (granted Towns goes to the Wolves, which should be locked in unless Flip Saunders gets his way).

Interesting to see the draft stock of kristaps porzingis having such a late surge.

Lakers have called in Mudiay for another work out the night before the draft. Obviously they see something in him to get him back at the 11th hour.

I have no idea so not going to make a prediction lol

Interested to see if Silver makes any changes to the playoff seeding for next playoffs though!

Pistons traded Butler and Williams to the bucks for Ilyasova, Good we have a stretch 4 now but its looking like this pick up was to replace Monroe, always wanted Pistons to work with Drummond and Monroe and build around them as the "two Towers" but it really hasn't worked well. With number 8 in the draft I'm hoping they can pick up someone good depending whose available.

Pistons WILL make playoffs, i said it this year but as long as we don't get off to such a horrible start and avoid injuries there shouldn't be anything in our way.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Jennings and Jackson, personally I prefer BJ and if he can come back from his injury and play like he was the couple of weeks before his injury I think hes a better fit. Jackson did start to click with the Pistons after a few games.

If one of them can suck it up and come of the bench as a back up they can grab 6th man and make a run at the title :cool: haha

DETROIT BASKETBALL

think kings will trade 6 to Denver for Lawson, wouldn't surprise me if knicks trade their pick as well, as a magic fan I hope we don't take Porzingis but apparently we are scouting him heavily, top 3 picks are pretty clear...

think kings will trade 6 to Denver for Lawson, wouldn't surprise me if knicks trade their pick as well, as a magic fan I hope we don't take Porzingis but apparently we are scouting him heavily, top 3 picks are pretty clear...

I think you are spot on with the Ty Lawson to the Kings thing. Apparently Denver has a draft day trade in the works to send Faried to Toronto.

Lawson reuniting with Coach Karl, an up tempo offense and running the pick and roll with boogie. I like it!

I think you are spot on with the Ty Lawson to the Kings thing. Apparently Denver has a draft day trade in the works to send Faried to Toronto.

Lawson reuniting with Coach Karl, an up tempo offense and running the pick and roll with boogie. I like it!

heh heh heh..... Boogie pick!

Phil Jackson will trade the Knicks pick for some over paid older "star" making the team even worse off then they already are.. Just wouldn't be the Knicks if good decisions were made.

I think Phil gets a rough Trott purely because the Knicks have been run poorly in the past.

Their fire sale I think was a good move as it cleared out $$ for a team that was never going to cut it and gave them substantial flexibility and cap space moving forward. More importantly, the east is weak enough for them to challenge for playoff spot next season - possible even if only their plan B goes ahead.

I'm fairly confident that they'll add Greg Monroe or Brook Lopez (or both) via free agency, along with potentially Mudiay (or Okafor if the lakers pass him up, because let's face it the sixers are taking a guard) via draft. Then fill Melo and you have a reasonable core.

I can easily see the Knicks opening camp with a combination of:
PG: Mudiay, Larkin or Rondo
SG: Lou Williams or Arron Afflalo
SF: Carmelo Anthony, Mike Dunleavy?
PF: Greg Monroe
C: Robin or Brook Lopez,

As a complimentary piece to Monroe, I think it's smart. Get a Jordan Hill or Reggie Evans energy guy off the bench behind them and it's a great combination. Monroe needs to operate close to the rim while Lopez has a mid range game offensively to space the floor, which works perfectly in the triangle. When you want to smash the glass pull one of them out and put a bench guy in.

Phil Jackson will trade the Knicks pick for some over paid older "star" making the team even worse off then they already are.. Just wouldn't be the Knicks if good decisions were made.
Nope! I'm calling a good move by NY this year. They will trade the pick (or drafted player) and get a good PG

Back
Top Bottom