The card that nearly made me quit the Hobby...

Coopz05

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Coopz
eBay User
healfan
Well for those of you who don't remembers this story;

A few years ago, I got majorly scammed over this card, and it nearly made me quit this great hobby. The short version in dot points went like this.

Bought the card for $900
Sent it to BGS for grading $100+
Came back as "this card has been trimmed"
Seller was adamant it wasn't.
Sent it to PSA for grading $100+
Came back as "trimmed"
Seller agreed to refund.
Sent card with tracking back to the seller.
Tracking didn't update.
Seller claimed he never got it. Kept my money.
I was down $1100+ and without the card either...
Fast forward 6 months... Seller is selling the card again on eBay
eBay/Paypal refuse to help. Say that I Should go to the police because the card was serial numbered, so it was "definitely theft"
Thanks eBay!

Anyway... Year's later one popped up and this time it was not only graded (the next one had to be graded), but graded a BGS 9, which is VERY high for these cards as they are very condition sensitive on surface grades.

Luckily I won it and have another Kobe Bryant holy grail (I have 5-6 cards I consider Holy Grail Kobe's. lol)
1996-97 E-X2000 Credentials #30 Kobe Bryant.JPG

nice grade!!! and glad you finally got one...I have the same card in my pc, with a slight defect, the foil has lifted a little bit around the window, but im not complaining because I got it way back when for a whole $80 trade value, think it cost me a few hoops 95/96 top 10 cards...

Nice mate, sh!tty luck turned into good luck. Well done it's a really nice looking card.

Great card! Glad you didn't quit the hobby but stuff like that is definitely hard to deal with!

I'm not too sure if it's the way you took the picture of the card or something but it looks absolutely stunning I say that only because I have the same card but it looks no where near as good lol well done man ;)

Geez, I would have quit the hobby after that saga - great to see you have one in hand now

Back
Top Bottom